Hot : NACC finds Prawit innocent in relation to luxury watches

snoop1130

43 minutes ago, xylophone said:

To combat corruption in this country, esp amongst the "elite" would mean re-coding their DNA because that's how deep rooted it is. 

Another problem is that they have no sense of shame in telling bare-faced lies..............keep the masses poorly educated and they will believe and follow!!

It really is a crock...........

"no sense of shame in telling bare faced lies"

This is the part that always gets me. I was raised to possess a sense of shame. Conversely speaking, I was raised to be proud. Getting caught in a bold faced lie is  shameful.

Stealing from the very people that you represent is shameful. Let's suppose that a "group" representing a people bought some submarines. For making that purchase, the group was given a million dollar gift, perhaps some expensive watches. Without that gift, these submarines could have been bought for a million dollars less, in my simple way of thinking.

Thus, "the people" now must pay a million dollars more, even more with long term interest.

But then the "group" got caught and "the group" showed "no sense of shame in telling bare faced lies".

Obviously, money "trumps" shame.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, neeray said:

This is the part that always gets me. I was raised to possess a sense of shame. Conversely speaking, I was raised to be proud. Getting caught in a bold faced lie is  shameful.

Stealing from the very people that you represent is shameful. Let's suppose that a "group" representing a people bought some submarines. For making that purchase, the group was given a million dollar gift, perhaps some expensive watches. Without that gift, these submarines could have been bought for a million dollars less, in my simple way of thinking.

Thus, "the people" now must pay a million dollars more, even more with long term interest.

But then the "group" got caught and "the group" showed "no sense of shame in telling bare faced lies".

"Obviously, money "trumps" shame".

Always has done here unfortunately neeray, and having moral principles much the same as yours, it grates deeply with me.

Having said that I believe these people are without shame, they don't know the meaning of it, because they believe they have a "right" to lie..........they are born with it, they see it, they practise it and include in their belief system. As I said, damn near in their DNA.

• Like 2

If a wealthy friend offered to lend you a watch from an expensive collection would you accept? I wouldnt!! That in itself is difficult to believe let alone having 22 of them. Did this "friend" die a natural death? ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vmack153 said:

If a wealthy friend offered to lend you a watch from an expensive collection would you accept? I wouldnt!! That in itself is difficult to believe let alone having 22 of them. Did this "friend" die a natural death? ????

And the NACC is supposed to be the country's guard against corruption. This 'Factor 22' as good as defines their corruption, too. And the TAT is wondering why its stats aren't too rosy, lately - they must be wanting Prawit and his bull-terrier down the road more than we do - since who the hell would chose to visit a country ruled by tyrants who could, if they chose, simply pull the Swampy shutters down . . . just to put that smile on Porky's face again.

Edited by Ossy
clarity

4 hours ago, Emdog said:

NACC finds Prawit innocent

correct legal term is "not guilty", meaning insufficient evidence etc not provided to establish law was broken and/or snowballs chance in heck they would find him guilty

I imagine many of us had thought we were "loaning" to Thai only to find out later we were "gifting"

Your last sentence rings true. "Loans" to family (extended), friends or colleagues here seems to mean the same as 'gift". When pressed to repay a business loan my S-i-L reaction was "oh you are so poor now are you"? No thought of ever having to pay/give back.

But if they have, as they've said, obtained all the warranty cards, original purchase information, and checked with Customs if any were directly imported; and located all but one watch, then they would have all the information and evidence to show who bought the watches, when, and from where. But that won't be made public.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Yeah, but when issues of this nature are pushed harder, from an elected opposite political party for example.  The perp will squirm deny run away maybe get a thug to use violence against their accusers. So what does it mean? Is it a reaction to their guilt or a reaction to being shamed? Face, so juvenile.

14 minutes ago, sambum said:

I can categorically state that I have NEVER heard of anyone borrowing a watch from a friend, and someone of Prawit's obvious wealth must have a couple of his own watches in his possession?

never a slightly doubt

21 hours ago, bangrak said:

For your info, the 'other paper' names him as a certain 'Patthawat Suksriwrong'.

Does the name ring a bell for anyone, as having studied at St Gabriel's College together with the frog, and wealthy enough to have like a million USD. of watches, ...to lend out to 'good' friends...?

I take it he is deceased with no living relatives to be given the watches back also !

• Like 1

On 12/27/2018 at 7:24 PM, z42 said:

The NACC think by pulling this outrageous BS stunt that they've pacified the issue, I think that WHEN this whole business is actually proved to be a cover up (that no rational person could argue) that some serious repurcussions will ensue.

Eradication of corruption efforts under the NACC from here on in (under any circumstances / on any sides) will have absolutely no merit whatsoever. They've completely shattered whatever reputation they might have had after this. It's just so pathetic and wrong. Utterly shameful

Who do you think controls the NACC.. They do as they are told by his mate the man at the Top..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, baboon said:

That's a 'No', then. The same as the rest of us.

Therefore your previous query is rhetorical at best.

Really? I mean really?! Ok, let me makes this perfectly clear then. Borrowing something from someone with their consent is in my opinion absolutely legal. The only question I’m still having, and I know I’m repeating myself now, is how it could possibly be illegal! Forget about wether the story is true or not and wether I believe the guy, which I actually do, because it is absolutely irrelevant to my question! I would’ve asked the same thing if it had been about something completely different. So, if you can answer that question then please reply, if you can’t then please stop wasting my time, and most of it all - don’t put words in my mouth! 

• Sad 1