Chinese Tourist Loses Arm In Sobering Reminder Of Thai Road Safety

webfact

In my experience, Chinese drivers are worse than Thai drivers! Yes, that is possible... Latest information is that Chinese cars are NOT allowed anymore in Thailand.
A fair and honest comparison between the Thai and Chinese driver/rider would be very interesting; you might consider yourself lucky to be on Thai roads ????

As shocking as the driving is, I find myself getting used to it, but I'm always surprised that even I see new levels of total brainlessness. Last Saturday I was driving back from the south on Petchkasem road. It is quite "normal" to see cars driving the wrong way on the hard shoulder, but this time I saw a pickup taking it a step further: A semi was parked on the hard shoulder. The next thing I see is the front left of a pickup creeping out into the left lane (wrong direction). He had no passenger so there was no way for him to have seen what was in the left lane until he was fully in it. So he just drives loke that and everyone has to move aside, I guess. 

On 12/31/2018 at 2:45 PM, spidermike007 said:

All the checkpoints do is clog traffic on the highways

I look forward to the day those check points randomly pull aside drivers in an organised manner while letting other drivers continue on their journey, i.e. random checking, and get the ones pulled over to blow into the device to read the alcohol, if any on them, as opposed to just flagging motorists down ad checking their rego labels, I mean you can be drunk as a skunk, not have a license and they waive you on as soon as they see your rego label is current, I mean <deleted> is that going to achieve in reducing road fatalities.

A demerit point system be introduced, heavy fines and vehicle confiscation for repeat offenders, plus jail depending on the offence, with all proceeds from drunk driver incidents put aside for a special jail facility for drink drivers with rehab classes, that would be a start, that, and getting the cops out onto the roads 24/7 instead of being in the station playing cards or off running their Karaoke bars.

The problem is, they don't want to fix the problem, because it's not a problem, it's a way of life, same, same, no change, no like, is ok, same, same, no pompem, krup

• Thanks 1