Standard price for 2 tyres changed? (Click)

RickG16

So far I've just had a couple of flat tyres on my Honda Click, and paid the going rate of 150 baht to get them repaired. Now the treads have worn down considerably on both, and I need to get both outer tyres changed completely. How much should I be looking at?

Cheers

Depends on which brand you want.

You said outer tyres changed, doesn't a Click have tubeless tyres?

For tubeless tyres the prices are about like this, but i assume tubed tyres are in a similar price range and it gives you an idea: If you get something like IRC or Maxxis expect about 1500THB for the pair, if you want something "better" (more grip, but will wear down faster) from for example Metzeler expect somewhere in the 2000-2500 range , Pirelli maybe 3000THB

When i bought tyres at a shop which didn't install them for me i took them to a road side mechanic and paid 120THB for the installation of both.

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

You said outer tyres changed, doesn't a Click have tubeless tyres?

Quite possibly... when my guy said the outer tyres need changing, I think he might just have meant that they've worn down.

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If you get something like IRC or Maxxis expect about 1500THB for the pair

I've been quoted 1200 for the pair by the workshop (which will also install them). So I guess that's about right.

21 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I've been quoted 1200 for the pair by the workshop (which will also install them). So I guess that's about right.

Cheap tyres are too hard and offer very little grip especially in the wet. Pay the extra and get a decent set.

P.S. check the pressures after you have them fitted.

What should I be looking for when checking them?

Look for them being too over-inflated. It’s a very common failing here, as some brainless types think you get better gas/mileage from a rock hard tyre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

, as some brainless types think you get better gas/mileage from a rock hard tyre

You do get better mileage,faster acceleration, higher top speed and dont have to pump them up every other day with over inflated tyres...but harsher ride,less grip and chance of explosion are the negative side.

You do get better mileage,faster acceleration, higher top speed and dont have to pump them up every other day with over inflated tyres...but harsher ride,less grip and chance of explosion are the negative side.

Seems a stupid compromise to me but it takes all sorts, I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived