Equal marriage rights 'still a dream' in Thailand

webfact

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I believe that if the foreign guy is one of these, trusting/sharing/truthful fools.

The Thai guys that go that path are often cheated too.

Never trust a woman, they ain't designed to be trusted.

That may be your personal experience. I often wonder when I hear men or women complain that all members of the opposite sex are no good. Seems to me, it could be you who is attracted to that type of person or your actions generate that sort of response in others with whom you interact. I have found truthful, trustworthy, and good-looking women--in fact, I would have no other. Can I be the only man capable of finding a good woman? 

10 hours ago, smotherb said:

I have found truthful, trustworthy, and good-looking women--in fact, I would have no other. Can I be the only man capable of finding a good woman? 

I once sat with a guy telling me all that over a drink, I had banged his wife the previous night.

But I guess he was happy he had found a good woman.

That may be your personal experience. I often wonder when I hear men or women complain that all members of the opposite sex are no good. Seems to me, it could be you who is attracted to that type of person or your actions generate that sort of response in others with whom you interact. I have found truthful, trustworthy, and good-looking women--in fact, I would have no other. Can I be the only man capable of finding a good woman? 

How dare you say you are happy and found trust worthy people in Thailand!! It isn't possible!!!!!

Seriously, you're certainly not the only man to find a good woman!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 1/4/2019 at 7:11 AM, mikebell said:

I was clever & put my house in a company name & found to my horror my wife had acquired 50% of the shares when I did my annual tax audit (signing 46 pages of docs all in Thai.) 

Clever. Bought them off the nominees did she? 

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I once sat with a guy telling me all that over a drink, I had banged his wife the previous night.

But I guess he was happy he had found a good woman.

And I, more than once, have seen losers blaming women for their own inadequacies. Just because you have never been able to attract a good woman does not mean there are none.

3 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Just because you have never been able to attract a good woman does not mean there are none.

I'm just happy to have a young one in my bed at night, she doesn't need to be 'good'.

Yours sounds a bit too old for me, but she's probably 'good' enough for you.

11 hours ago, roo860 said:

How dare you say you are happy and found trust worthy people in Thailand!! It isn't possible!!!!!

Seriously, you're certainly not the only man to find a good woman!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have found good and bad people wherever I have gone. I have seen other good women, so I know others have found them too. My concern is the vast numbers of men who have never been able to find a good one. Maybe good women are smart enough to know a loser when they see them.  

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm just happy to have a young one in my bed at night, she doesn't need to be 'good'.

Yours sounds a bit too old for me, but she's probably 'good' enough for you.

Am I supposed to be impressed? I too can have a young one in bed; so can anyone who has the money. I hope you are proud of yourself that you can have what so many others have already had.

My wife is indeed good enough for me and she is much younger than I. She still draws the looks of younger men, which drives their admiration of me. They do not even know her virtues, intelligence and capabilities. You know, those things you have never found in a woman.   

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

The trust was all from the farang who put the house in their wives' name and they are paying dearly for it.

Placing trust in the untrustworthy is ignorance indeed. Buying anything which you cannot control is beyond ignorance.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:46 AM, BritManToo said:

I put my house (90%) in the bank's name, it solved many potential problems for the next 27 years.

But you misses getting hold of the company shares is a new one on me, naughty girl!

It goes far beyond that. Being clever does not mean being good. I know a man who bought a house and lot for his sweet thing thinking that Thai law would award him 50%, if ever they divorced. Yet, like so many others, he bought in her village. When they divorced; they put the house up for sale. No one in the village was willing/had the money to buy the house. So it stayed on the market for several years while she continued to live in the house. Finally out of frustration; he agreed to sell the house at a very low price. He got much less than 50% of the twelve million baht expenditure he made for the house. Funny, she still lives in the house; with her "brother".

5 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Funny, she still lives in the house; with her "brother".

When I got divorced, I got the house in the divorce settlement 'cos she couldn't (wouldn't) make the repayments.

I still live in that house with my son (I only paid 250KBht upfront).

There's a difference between thinking you're clever, and actually being clever.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

When I got divorced, I got the house in the divorce settlement 'cos she couldn't (wouldn't) make the repayments.

I still live in that house with my son.

And, out of the goodness in her heart she let you have the house.

?? The dream of gender diverse people in Thailand to marry their loved ones and get the same benefits and rights as straight couples is still far from becoming reality??

<deleted>?

Gender is defined as the state of being male or female.

Diverse is defined as showing a great deal of difference.

So when a man marries a woman by definition that is a gender diverse couple.

32 minutes ago, Peasandmash said:

?? The dream of gender diverse people in Thailand to marry their loved ones and get the same benefits and rights as straight couples is still far from becoming reality??

<deleted>?

Gender is defined as the state of being male or female.

Diverse is defined as showing a great deal of difference.

So when a man marries a woman by definition that is a gender diverse couple.

You're just playing irrelevant cute word games. The issue is about same sex marriage. Opposite sex marriage is already legal everywhere. 

Next .. 

9 hours ago, smotherb said:

Placing trust in the untrustworthy is ignorance indeed. Buying anything which you cannot control is beyond ignorance.

You don't know they are untrustworthy until after you place your trust - it's easy to be wise after the event.  

There's lots of things/services one buys in Thailand which one cannot control.  Faulty appliances; try getting your money back on them.  Hiring lawyers who do nothing to justify their fee; taking a taxi ride in Bangkok; builders who do half a job badly; renting property which the landlord fails to maintain.

You must have led a charmed life not to have fallen foul of any of the above. 

18 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Clever. Bought them off the nominees did she? 

She was even cleverer; she has a friend in the Audit office. I went to sign 46 pages all in Thai for tax purposes.  I found out later I'd signed 47 - one gifting her half my house.  How do you get round that?

5 minutes ago, mikebell said:

You don't know they are untrustworthy until after you place your trust - it's easy to be wise after the event.  

There's lots of things/services one buys in Thailand which one cannot control.  Faulty appliances; try getting your money back on them.  Hiring lawyers who do nothing to justify their fee; taking a taxi ride in Bangkok; builders who do half a job badly; renting property which the landlord fails to maintain.

You must have led a charmed life not to have fallen foul of any of the above. 

If you place your trust before you know; shame on you. I do not buy property or businesses here and have no need for a builder. I buy vehicles from known sources, but nothing I cannot afford to lose. I rent property here, furnished if possible, and never sign long term leases. I am not worried about taxi rip-offs, chicken feed. I break no laws and have enough money to be here legally. If I ever need a lawyer I have an old Thai friend to smooth the way. If it is too much trouble, I could leave today. Too bad some of you have buried yourselves here through lack of proper planning. 

34 minutes ago, mikebell said:

She was even cleverer; she has a friend in the Audit office. I went to sign 46 pages all in Thai for tax purposes.  I found out later I'd signed 47 - one gifting her half my house.  How do you get round that?

Do not get mixed-up with a charlatane. Do not buy where you do not control. Do not sign what you cannot read. Do not be a dummy.   

12 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Do not get mixed-up with a charlatane. Do not buy where you do not control. Do not sign what you cannot read. Do not be a dummy.   

If you don't want to do these,

fair enough;

don't complain than if something is going wrong.

26 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Why, are you trying to deny me the right to complain?

It seems that my translation from Flemish to English was not the correct one.
It wasn't really my intention to deny you the right to complain.

But something as : if one do "stupid" things, one should only blame oneself.

Hope I not express myself wrongly again.

12 hours ago, luckyluke said:

It seems that my translation from Flemish to English was not the correct one.
It wasn't really my intention to deny you the right to complain.

But something as : if one do "stupid" things, one should only blame oneself.

Hope I not express myself wrongly again.

No, you have said it well. Too many men and women, blame the other for failures in their relationships.  

Archived