If the Falklands was invaded today, Could the UK without help take it back again

phetpeter

Back in the day, Maggie decided to go alone, to perhaps prove to the world, we were still a superpower, and by chance, was able to refit some long-range bombers that were headed for the scrap yard and aging ships, (but, still had to use commercial shipping including the QE2), plus knowing that enemies were also in political trouble in their own land, and would not be able to send mass troop deployment. We managed to win the schoolyard brawl. But now, I wonder?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

From your experience..????

Britain is like a man in his 70s and problem? Erectile dysfunction. Impotence. So when a country is impotence it will try to show something. But if you just give back what belongs to others nobody will say nothing , including me of course. So do the right thing.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I was under the impression the UK was building 2 new Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carriers. The first is undergoing sea trails the second still under construction.

ships.png

Very true but no aircraft yet on them and no support vessels to ensure their safety in hostile waters.  White elephants both. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Very true but no aircraft yet on them and no support vessels to ensure their safety in hostile waters.  White elephants both. 

Thee was a documentary on recently about the 1st being a part of a NATO convoy around the Black Sea and then having a go in Syria.  I thought she looked pretty handy- aircraft or no.

1 hour ago, Slip said:

Thee was a documentary on recently about the 1st being a part of a NATO convoy around the Black Sea and then having a go in Syria.  I thought she looked pretty handy- aircraft or no.

Fairly useless without aircraft don't you think? 

• Like 1