Dual pricing: Popular Pattaya golf club overcharging foreigners

webfact

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

You say that all foreigners are rich?

You make the same mistake as many Thais, most foreigners are not rich!

Charging different prices for, I presume, white foreigners is called discrimination.

But it seems you are ok with that.

You miss the point, rich or not, foreigners are just that, foreigners,  It's the Thai's  country, they can deferentially charge aliens/visitors/expats if they wish.  I have no problem with it at all. 

3 hours ago, topt said:

Disagree

Please quote some examples - and where that "local" rate has been lower than the published/discounted "group" (whether PSC/PAGS or whatever) rate?

Do you actually play? For Pattaya Country Club it is not a good deal. PSC green fee price is 900 baht there anyway with a voucher from them. 

Not for about three years, the heat put me off to be honest. i stopped enjoying it.

i have played all the pattaya courses at least once but got friendly with a thai bloke at scc, so pretty much exclusively played there. I like it there the most and it is the closest so had no need to play the others after that.

And he gave me and my groups unbelievable mates rates and free entry to the pga? (international womens) tournaments.

smedly is right, a lot of farangs ripping off the farangs in pattaya.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I assume you mean countries, not counties. And this forum is about Thailand, not other countries.

Sorry yes, countries - not counties. Correct this forum for Thailand but some people are moaning about dual pricing for Thais & Foreigners and I was just trying to put it into perspective that other countries all have duel pricing

2 hours ago, Wallander4 said:

and what countries should that be or just plain thai apologist nonsense ?

Don't be silly, read my posts - have even given a recent example of what happened to me to show it happens in other counties if you care to travel

I hope that their greediness to rip off foreigners will havest many bad commends as people with a dual pricing morality really need some punishment. Unfair and unequal treatment should be punished by law. As long this not changes, it will never lose the reputation as 3rd world country.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

You miss the point, rich or not, foreigners are just that, foreigners,  It's the Thai's  country, they can deferentially charge aliens/visitors/expats if they wish.  I have no problem with it at all. 

Don't you..?

Don't give up your day job.

• Sad 1

BOYCOTT THEM !

If businesses tried this stunt in a civilised country, the Equal Opportunity people would have them IN COURT charged with RACISM.

These morons are destroying the great promotional work done by the TAT to encourage foreign tourism !

• Like 1

In my experience Thailand is overpriced be it food eateries, small fruit & veg markets, alcoholic drinks, general everyday household shopping from supermarkets, there is nothing here that i could call good value and if it wasn't for my lovely partner i would stay in Australia most of the time where the sea is clean, the air is fresh, and i don't see piles of rubbish everywhere. Thailand can charge what they like cos Im not payin!

• Like 2

In my experience Thailand is overpriced be it food eateries, small fruit & veg markets, alcoholic drinks, general everyday household shopping from supermarkets, there is nothing here that i could call good value and if it wasn't for my lovely partner i would stay in Australia most of the time where the sea is clean, the air is fresh, and i don't see piles of rubbish everywhere. Thailand can charge what they like cos Im not payin!
I agree. The common denomination is cheap pussy. Or a genuine wife.. You forgot currency. In oz a dollar is a dollar but here most currencies smashed.

You should take her to oz. The oz dollar is focasted to lose a lot more in the coming years
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 4:07 PM, JoePai said:

And while you are wasting your time, what about contacting all the other counties that offer different pricing for locals ?

I look at the Offer, if it suits me i go for it, not bothered about anything else.So Joe you have pricked a few whingers.The same ones tell you an imported Cars too much.Its Thailand  get over it be happy.

• Like 1