Khao Soy 2019??

LuckyLucas

It's sold at the fancy Thai Marche gourmet food court concept near the Alcazar, 2nd road, North Pattaya, 220 baht I think. Is it worth that? I don't know as I haven't been.

There used to be a restaurant that has it with more normal prices on Jomtien Beach road past Chayuphreuk heading away from Pattaya. Haven't been in that area lately so not sure if they're still open. Also haven't tried.

Also don't recall if the stall that sells it in the basement floor food court at Central Pattaya beach mall is still running. Have tried, it's mediocre.

The Northern Thai food restaurant in Treetown, Soi Buakhow has it. I've had numerous times. It used to be wonderful best I've had in Pattaya, but the last time I had it the soup flavor was quite odd and I haven't been back. In any case it's worth going to because they have a robust Lanna food menu at lower end prices. The bad experience was hopefully a fluke. Caveats -- I forget the name so unless someone posts it you'll have to look for it (it's towards the rear rather close the the live music section) and I'm not certain it still exists.

Edited by Jingthing

22 minutes ago, action said:

The food court at Central Marina has it.  That's where I go since the place on the bypass road closed. 

Yeah, I've had it there. It was pretty good. They have another dish, some kind of pork sauce over rice noodles. It was good the first time I tried it and then later two times it was rather awful and overpriced for what was served. 

GPS: 12.927010, 100.886549, phone: ‭+66 89-821-1007‬ or ‭+66 38-720-411‬
"Rua Khao Poon" on third road, opposite former X-zite; the portions are small (for THB 50) so order two. Both chicken or pork available; perfect - take it from the horse's mouth as an old Chiang Mai Khao Soy lover.

Enjoy! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

"Rua Khao Poon" on third road, opposite former X-zite; the portions are small (for THB 50) so order two. Both chicken or pork available; perfect - take it from the horse's mouth as an old Chiang Mai Khao Soy lover.

Enjoy! 

They close what time d'ya think?

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

They close what time d'ya think?

Lunch time only, probably good until 3-4pm this is the place that specializes in Kanom Jeen fermented rice noodle, small portion but very quite sophisticated.

They used to be on Klang just north of BigC (Carrefour then) next to the row of shophouse where the 7/11 is

11 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Enjoy! 

Ruen Khao Poon has been closed for 2 years now.

Was one of my favourite places in town, sad the day it closed.

Just now, TaaSaparot said:

Or have they re-opened elsewhere ?

As they were along from the Buffalo Bar when I used to eat there, not across from Xzyte.

Last week, on separate nights, we looked for the TreeTown place - found it dark, and the ‘across from Xcyte’ one, which had vanished.

Yesterday we went to the Khao Talo restaurant. She had jackfruit curry, spicy, and really liked it. I had Khao Soy (you might have to ask for the fried noodles topping) and was not in love with the sauce but the tasty noodles, chicken etc. were so filling I couldn’t finish - rare, that.

A small bottle of water and the two plates cost us 125 Baht.

A nice, well run place w/friendly people. 4 other tables occupied. Wife was told they are open from 5 am and close at 3 pm.

We checked the large table of prepared foods at the front. The nam prick ong (the red one, anyway), some type of sausage and lots else will draw us back.

23 hours ago, NewGuy said:

Last week, on separate nights, we looked for the TreeTown place - found it dark, and the ‘across from Xcyte’ one, which had vanished.

Kasalong has always had erratic opening hours.

Ruen Khao Poon did not vanish, the Owner retired two years ago.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:53 AM, TaaSaparot said:

How sad, I stand corrected. Moved away from Pattaya some time but always enjoyed the Ruen Khao Poon. Sorry for the outdated information. 

• Like 1