Poll shows Gen Prayut most suitable to be next PM

webfact

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really care what you guys say I am feeling that he is going to win. He is the only one I see on TV and to be honest the locals love him.Anyway I can't vote so there's no point in me arguing with any of them. Just hope that if properly elected he will settle down and do a proper job  

So much sarcasm, consider these questions about Prayut & his Gov't,

- Has the country been stable since the Coup?

- Is the country worse off now, compared to prior to the Coup? 

- How have these "commenters" been adversely affected by Prayut's Gov't?

- Are Thai people better or worse off now than were before the Coup?? 

The simple answer for the complainers is, if don't like it here .....LEAVE!!

Wild Alaskan salmon is much cheaper in Thailand, than anywhere else in the world. New trucks can now be purchased for under 100,000 baht. All Thais are happy. There is no crime here. 

Anyone can say anything, and a percentage of the people will believe it. But, does that make it true? Of course not. Prayuth is feeling a level of desperation he has never felt before. He wants to maintain his power so badly, and with such intensity, he has his cronies manufacture these polls, in the hopes that some will believe them. They are pure fiction.

The facts are, he is incompetent beyond belief. He has hurt the Thai economy. He has not improved the lives of the average Thai. He has appointed every minister based on cronyism, and talent, intelligence, expertise and competence has never, ever been a consideration. Just think of Biggest Joke, appointed to head immigration. Lastly, he is universally despised by most Thai people, and nearly every ex-pat living in the country.

Get out. Get out now. You are not liked. You are not wanted. You are way, way past your sell by date. Stop abusing your power, and just leave. 

3 hours ago, Eligius said:

Yes, this poll is SO reliable: the Nation has slightly doctored the figures, as it felt the real figures would look too biased: they were that 157% of those polled were convinced that Prayut was the best man for the job of Prime Minister.

I believe it wholeheartedly - as do all the two-year-olds on Children's Day!

Yes an other typical Thai poll showing what those who ordered the poll want to reflect, nothing new here.  That people still read polls like that as they are totally bias always.

So naturally, the response to recent news that he is not widely admired and is likely to lose any election, results in the postponement of the election and (what is likely to become) a rash of surveys stating he is dearly beloved and a shoe-in as the next PM.

And nobody thinks the timing is interesting? Everyone accepts this bit of blatant suggestion?

Wow.

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The facts are, he is incompetent beyond belief. He has hurt the Thai economy. He has not improved the lives of the average Thai. He has appointed every minister based on cronyism, and talent, intelligence, expertise and competence has never, ever been a consideration. Just think of Biggest Joke, appointed to head immigration. Lastly, he is universally despised by most Thai people, and nearly every ex-pat living in the country.

That about sums it up. Good job Mike. It's how I feel about the man too, and I suspect many others. But what happens if he is rejected? Another coup? I'm not at all sure tha Thai people or the international community, would accept another coup (though what other countries would do about it is doubtful, buy some more shrimp perhaps?). It seems to me that this guy is at the end of the line. and I suspect that's what he thinks too. The wheel has turned and with any luck, a particularlty shameful and disreputable several decades of Thai history are drawing to a well overdue end.

With a bit of luck and a following wind.

"Poll shows Gen Prayut most suitable to be next Thai Prime Minister":

Well, well, well, well, well ...

That's a turnip for the books.

No mention at all of who came in 2nd place!?!

If you fancy a laugh - call Ladbrokes or Paddy Power and ask them .....

What odds are Ladbrokes offering on the outcome of the next

Thai General Election.

21 minutes ago, eggers said:

So much sarcasm, consider these questions about Prayut & his Gov't,

- Has the country been stable since the Coup?

- Is the country worse off now, compared to prior to the Coup? 

- How have these "commenters" been adversely affected by Prayut's Gov't?

- Are Thai people better or worse off now than were before the Coup?? 

The simple answer for the complainers is, if don't like it here .....LEAVE!!

If there are no problems, have a vote. Let the people choose. It's a very simple concept. 

If the man is most popular and suitable, why is he not standing for election when he know that he will beat the living daylight off any competitor. In fact, why he even hesitate to join a party. For all his ego, nothing will give him that air of credibility and legitimacy and an opportunity to shut up his detractors by winning the election easily. Why the need to keep postponing the election, trying to get the position as a non-elected outside candidate, re-write the election laws,  gerrymander the boundaries and keep out foreign observers if the polls are correct. Calling the polls bs and full of craps and that include the man behind all this. 

Just now, RichardColeman said:

I really have no idea who does these polls, but I have yet to meet a Thai person that wants him as PM.

That probably reflects the Thai circles you mix in.

I can assure you that there are very many Thais that would like to see Prayuth continue as PM. I can also assure you that there are also very many Thais who would prefer him not to continue but who are convinced that his appointment is inevitable, indeed pre-ordained. 

Seriously wondering, why such stuff is published in the first place. 

" 1,018 individuals" were asked and, concluding from their statements it is being reflected onto a country of +/- 70 million people; half of them (at least) eligible to vote? Go figure ....... 

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Prayut most suitable to be next PM:cheesy:

What a load of bol+++s, who were the people polled?

Where did they find them? In the loonie bin perhaps, because no rational sane person would ever vote for a control freak.

TIT !!!

why the hell would you people submit your ting tong comments to some thing you have no say in what ever ,and you can not even vote in this country, for god sake shut the XXXX up and let the thais run THERE COUNTRY,, the EMPIRE IS GONE ! as is england, its called the E U now, thats how voting works for you whinging lot!

very interesting indeed.  i wonder who commissioned the poll, and where they got the 1012 people surveyed. 
As has been stated many times over the last 5 years whenever any Superpoll nonsense comes out, Superpoll is a wing of the Thai military.

It is just propaganda and has no basis in reality.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

His greatest achievement has been uniting the country - against him. If he wins the election it is solely due to the lack of foreign observers keeping the election on the straight and narrow. 

Despite an history of corrupt governments, elected and non elected, there's not AFAIK, an history of election rigging.

Buying of votes with promised favors, cash incentives, coercion, peer group pressure, prevention of electioneering campaigning etc etc etc. But not poll rigging. 

Why do you suspect this will happen when there's no need? 

16 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

As has been stated many times over the last 5 years whenever any Superpoll nonsense comes out, Superpoll is a wing of the Thai military.

It is just propaganda and has no basis in reality.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And you actually believe the other polls?

Archived