‘Haute Cuisine:’ Weed Tom Yum Lands Briton In Hot Water

webfact

‘Haute Cuisine:’ Weed Tom Yum Lands Briton In Hot Water

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

a3-696x480.jpg

Gary Coughlan, center, stands between two police officers Wednesday on Koh Samui.

KOH SAMUI — A British businessman on Koh Samui ran foul of the law Wednesday for innovating in the kitchen by adding cannabis to his tom yum goong.

Gary Coughlan, 58, was arrested and charged with drug offenses this morning after policemen noticed he was acting erratically, police told reporters. They said he tested positive for drug use.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2019/01/16/haute-cuisine-weed-tom-yum-lands-briton-in-hot-water/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-01-16

Samui police find Briton a little too relaxed

By The Nation

A British businessman’s bedtime snack of marijuana-laced tom yam kung landed him in police custody on Koh Samui on Wednesday morning.

Gary Coughlan, 58, who’s involved in property development, was apprehended at a police checkpoint in Tambon Na Muang when he appeared to be under the influence of a narcotic. 

Officers began searching his car for drugs, only to be allegedly told he’d sprinkled ganja obtained from a Thai friend into a batch of spicy soup he’d prepared days earlier as a sleep aid.

Coughlan was given a urine test, which allegedly indicated 50 nanograms of marijuana per millilitres.

He was charged with using an illegal substance.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362359

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-16

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Did the same many years ago in the UK, when I added weed to the chilli con carne I was cooking, then invited friends round for an after-pub lunch...........as I recall it was a great afternoon, the sun was shining, a friend was playing his guitar and a couple were "at it" on the lawn.

Well that's as my memory recalls it!!

must have been a different kind of weed,
nothing  erratic in your behavior.

Sounds like a great afternoon ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, keith101 said:

Dont know if helping with sleep is a medical use , maybe for insomniacs like myself if so i could use the help .

I suffered for months until i worked out exactly what was causing the sleepless nights.

Avoid eating food with MSG (nearly everything in Thailand). Request no MSG to be used. Obviously this doesn't apply to street vendors as their soups are already mixed with this insomniac drug.

Happy kipping!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1