Cheating On Thai Girlfriend/Wife

GuestHouse

Having met or married the Thai girl of your dreams, perhaps rescued her from the bar and provided her with life's luxuaries and covinced her to give up the flesh trade. How many of you are cheating on her?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reason I ask these questions is two fold:

Firstly I know a lot of foreigners that are married to Thais and can' help cheating on them (This seems to be more prevalent among guys who have married former prostitutes)

Secondly, and because of the above, the fidelity of former prostitutes is a constant topic on this board, I suspect they are no worse than the guys that date/marry them.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> (This seems to be more prevalent among

> guys who have married former prostitutes)

Really? So why not put THAT in there in the poll somewhere so we can find out? I just think that people who were partaking in that scene when they got a serious relationship/marriage that many will continue to do so, no matter if their actual partner came from that scene or not.

(Actually when the partner is not from that scene then it's EASIER to continue to do so as she will not have contacts in that scene who could rat you out. ;-)

Then there's the apparent assumption that everyone got a wife from a bar.. So not sure if I could even vote at all in this poll.

Cheers,

Chanchao

A few years ago, I met a bar girl, fell in so called love and subsequently married her, taking her to live with me in the UK.

During our time together, we met and struck up liasons with many similar couples.

I never met one man who admitted he met his wife in a bar, they all met them in a shop, restaurant, their village etc. The nearest one met his wife on the first day she started at the bar. She had not had time to be corrupted, so he snatched he away from danger.

I find this impossible to believe. When one first comes to this country as a single man, where else can one meet a girl other than the bar. Maybe some men find it hard to admit, their wife had been with hundreds of farangs in all sorts of positions, so they create a cinderella fantasy. Probably an ego thing.

'never met one man who admitted he met his wife in a bar, they all met them in a shop, restaurant, their village etc. '

This is sensitive information which will attract the wrong kind of attention in countries like the UK. Also, I leave it up to my partner to decide how much to reveal about herself. :D

As to this poll, I wonder how reliable the answers are, I believe the Thai wives/GFs have enough reason to display the same cynicism as the guys when they talk about 'these girls', although they generally don't. :o

> The nearest one met his wife on the first day she started at the bar.

> She had not had time to be corrupted, so he snatched he away

> from danger.

I hear you about that one! I think that whole concept is a fallacy, the thing of "oh she's only been here a week", or "she never went with a customer before" and "she only serves drinks". What rubbish! To even START working in a bar something has to go very wrong first. I don't see too many university graduated girls working in bars just because it seemed like a fun and profitable thing to do and improve their English at the same time. :o

> When one first comes to this country as a single man, where

> else can one meet a girl other than the bar.

Well what's the big urgency there.. I don't blame you for falling in love and getting married, actually far more marriages of this kind actually DO work out than you'd expect. Most of my friends have girlfriends or wives who previously had some exposure to the bar scene. But it's NOT like bars are the only option!! Or even that "girls from a poor rural background" are the only option!! You can almost as easily meet someone who's more middle class and doesn't need you for the money. But not on your first holiday in Thailand with mostly beach & bar time, I'll grant you that one.

Cheers,

Chanchao

I don't see too many university graduated girls working in bars just because it seemed like a fun and profitable thing to do and improve their English at the same time. :D

A lot of girls attending University are on the game.

I remember the big scandal when a famous sex club in Chiang Mai called Madam Flukes got busted and practically every girl in the place was registered at the nearby Uni.

The funny thing was, that all the girls had been telling the customers that they were "students", since so many men seem to find that desirable, but everyone thought that it was just part of the act, and didn't believe them. :o

A lot of the super-pretty girls that sit inside at the long outside bar at John's Place in Chiang Mai have always been University students, "practicing their English" as well.

:o

Dont forget Cashier, Waitress, helping her friend.

The nearest I have got form someone who was obviously married to a BG was that she was a Cashier who sometimes showed the new farrang (that had a good heart) around town.

All in Denial.

Back to the Post, I know many people that are married to Prostitutes and often short time using many excuses, playing golf or Visa runs.

A matter of respect I think, they have a prostitute or someone that has been in the Bar trade so has a certain exposure to the seedier side of life and treat them accordingly.

When I see the pretty girls that work on building sites or sell food all day for a couple hundred baht a day, I immediately realise how foolish the guys that take on a BG are, and these are supposed to be educated people.

Most are probably fat Essex boys with no hope of romance back home.

:D

The nearest I have got form someone who was obviously married to a BG was that she was a Cashier who sometimes showed the new farrang (that had a good heart) around town.

All in Denial.

Back to the Post, I know many people that are married to Prostitutes and often short time using many excuses, playing golf or Visa runs.

A matter of respect I think, they have a prostitute or someone that has been in the Bar trade so has a certain exposure to the seedier side of life and treat them accordingly.

When I see the pretty girls that work on building sites or sell food all day for a couple hundred baht a day, I immediately realise how foolish the guys that take on a BG are, and these are supposed to be educated people.

careful erco your revealing your true identity,

how long before you spit your dummy out and abuse guys that have so called bg girlfriends.

fat essex boys, HA, good one :D

hows life in hua hin?

Looks like your survey shows half of the men surveyed admitted to cheating.

I wonder of those that denied it what percentage had their significant other in such a close proximity to them as to affect their vote. Things that make ya go hmmmm

All in Denial.

how long before you spit your dummy out and abuse guys that have so called bg girlfriends.

hows life in hua hin?

you funny guy davethailand

All in Denial.

hows life in hua hin?

you funny guy davethailand

are you really a newbie? or a troll maybe? :D

just a thought.

Just the fact that the majority of farangs came to Thailand in the first place because of it's reputation for being of low morality, ( I hear the splutters now) makes them untrustworthy. I myself came here because of the stories I heard of lovely girls, throwing themselves at you and by and large, this is true. I filled my boots like everyone else.

I have had two reasonably long relationships here, both failed because of their mistrust of me, even though I was largely innocent, I was still accused of ' going butterfly' In the end, it wears you down. If a woman does it, she is working to keep her family, making it ok. Double standards to these women matters not one jot.

No one in their right mind wants to live alone, but I am begining to think it's the best solution. You can have company of you want or stay alone as suits.

These Thai women try to worry you by asking, who will take care of you when you are old? They all ask the same question, hoping to get their foot in the door. Who cleans for you? Thats easy, get a cleaner in.

The only way you can have a successful relation ship with a Thai, is to submit to her every wish, let her have her own way, handle the purse and have 10 of her family plonking them selves in your house, expecting to get fed and watered.

happy alone

"have had two reasonably long relationships here, both failed because of their mistrust of me, even though I was largely innocent,"

How did you vote in the poll? 'Largely' faithful?

"These Thai women try to worry you by asking, who will take care of you when you are old? They all ask the same question, hoping to get their foot in the door. Who cleans for you?"

Funny, one tries to make a thread about men's behaviour, and it somehow turns into talking about 'these women' again...

A few years ago, I met a bar girl, fell in so called love and subsequently married her, taking her to live with me in the UK.

During our time together, we met and struck up liasons with many similar couples.

I never met one man who admitted he met his wife in a bar, they all met them in a shop, restaurant, their village etc. The nearest one met his wife on the first day she started at the bar. She had not had time to be corrupted, so he snatched he away from danger.

I find this impossible to believe. When one first comes to this country as a single man, where else can one meet a girl other than the bar. Maybe some men find it hard to admit, their wife had been with hundreds of farangs in all sorts of positions, so they create a cinderella fantasy. Probably an ego thing.

whats more impossible to believe is that some fool would stigmatize his wife and self by telling the truth..get real,what else could they say?

whats more impossible to believe is that some fool would stigmatize his wife and self by telling the truth..get real,what else could they say?

I would argue that this 'Lie' starts long before the guy tells other people about where he met his Thai partner, he starts by lieing to himself.