Newpaper site timed out

Maybole

I have been subscribing to this reputable newspaper for about 2 years, Since Sunday I have not been able to access it, "the server is not responding in time" and "the request is timed out" is what I get. Repeated tries over two days have produced the same result. There is a telephone number which only goes to an answering service. Other newspaper sites in UK have responded normally.

I ask that a few TV member try the link below and report their results. This will confirm if the site is at fault on if my computer or Internet service is not working properly. Thanks in advance. 

www.heraldscotland.com

Edited by Maybole
Typo

So I'm not British, but the only one I know of that has had problems was the Daily Mail, after they dastardly discussed the infamous 'poodle birthday pool party' video

Which I thoroughly recommend as essential viewing (easily findable with a VPN), if not just for shits and giggles, but as an insight into the workings of the Thai elite mind!

So blocked again??

Edited by GinBoy2

I am on ToT fiber and also can not reach the site due to timeout.

When I used a UK VPN I could open (see image).

I don't think the site is blocked by Thailand censorship.

Either it's a specific technical issue with the Thai ISP.

Or the heraldscotland.com site blocks connections from Thailand (Thai IP) in the most simple way?

To check about this you could try to contact them via mail and ask about it.

With VPN:

herald.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

I normally access this site, via 3BB fibre, every 2/3 days and usually with no problem. I also receive news alerts via email on a daily basis.

Just checked now and have same issues with no connection available. May well be a country / region block which seems to be more prevalent recently, rather than being Thai induced.

The news alert of today was for 'Heavy snow impacts rush hour commute as temperatures plummet'. Maybe the wrong kind of snow for their IT system?:biggrin:

13 hours ago, dabhand said:

Just checked now and have same issues with no connection available. May well be a country / region block which seems to be more prevalent recently, rather than being Thai induced.

Yes same for me, can't access from my TOT connection, does work if I use a VPN for UK, US, Australia, won't work with a Singapore VPN connection. The website has a regional block on SE Asia.

Should drop them and email and ask for a refund if you don't have a VPN.

Update from The Herald:-

Our technical support team do now believe it is a problem with our sites and are working to resolve this as soon as possible for you and other customers accessing www.heraldscotland.com from certain regions.

It is very much appreciated this feedback as helped flag up as general issue with our sites and not a user issue.

Kindest Regards,

Stuart Shannon

Circulation Administrator

Herald & Times Group, 200 Renfield Street, Glasgow, G2 3QB  T: 0141 302 7309 E:mail

[email protected]

• Like 1