Immigration Success

1 minute ago, JLCrab said:

My guess would be that is a small office and the OP has been using it for many years so maybe the IMM folks don't know him but name but certainly would know him by sight. Makes a big difference.

Yes, yes, yes and yes. Cheers.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Sorry might have missed something, but how will you prove your annual income?

If you get money and withdraw it as you go, will you show them your ATM slips?

I would not be so overjoyed as you because I have too many times been told one thing that turned out to be another.

If things are as great as they seem I would love for you to come back after your renewal and confirm it was all as easy as that.

That said, best of luck!

As long as there are transfers from UK into my Thai bank saying International or Foreign transfers, it is OK. The New regulation says, as I read it, that the transfers must be at least 65k per month = 780k Annually, but my IO says he will accept a TOTAL of 800k which means an AVERAGE of 66,666 per month.

I shall get a letter from Bangkok Bank saying what my ANNUAL deposits from foreign sources have been a day or two before I do my extension.

I did ask if I could spend ALL the money which came into my Thailand banks and was told yes, by all means.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I did ask if I could spend ALL the money which came into my Thailand banks and was told yes, by all means.

Yes and I will presume that the IO was assuming you would be spending at least the bulk of your money IN Thailand.

I hardly would call that a success. That is not what the new rules says.

Your IO said show me 800,000 and frowned when you mentioned the 65,000 baht a month.

You should be able to have EITHER 800,000 in the bank method OR 65,000 transferred from overseas every month.

Your IO contradicts the new rules.

For those that are using the monthly method, I would not be too happy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, racyrick said:

I hardly would call that a success. That is not what the new rules says.

Your IO said show me 800,000 and frowned when you mentioned the 65,000 baht a month.

You should be able to have EITHER 800,000 in the bank method OR 65,000 transferred from overseas every month.

Your IO contradicts the new rules.

For those that are using the monthly method, I would not be too happy.

I have it written down, by him, that as long as my ANNUAL INCOME from outside Thailand is more than 800k, be it in GBP or THB, he will accept it. What more can I say.

The frowns came I think because they had no idea about the 65k. I do know what the new rules are, but it is the IO who is contradicting the new rules. I shall go by what he has told me he will accept.

For those using the monthly method, just carry on as you are.

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 2

"Big Boss came back and said to my GF in Thai, that as long as my ANNUAL INCOME from Foreign sources, whether it be GBP or THB"

That's the big stumbling block for a lot of us, showing that the annual income is from foreign sources. A Bangkok Bank account could be the answer, although some have said that even that doesn't always indicate an international transfer. I'm willing to be corrected.

Encouraging though, hope Pattaya Immigration are just as accommodating, although I seem to remember someone on here recently saying that PI told him that only the money on deposit method was acceptable.

Thanks for posting the report of your visit.

Sounds like the Op is married to a Thai National, in which case he could have gone down the Retirement Visa for Relative (Husband, Father etc) which is 400,000 in the bank, seasoned for three months, or 40K per month, for 12 months, but Immigrations is making allowances on this since the amendment was not published until Jsnuary.  For instance my Visa was renewed October 2018 and should be renewed October 2019, but as it was three months into my one year visa before they published the amendment, Immigration, according to the article published in Thai Visa the other day will make an allowance for this situation because you can't be expected to obey the law if the law has not been promulgated!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Sounds like the Op is married to a Thai National, in which case he could have gone down the Retirement Visa for Relative (Husband, Father etc) which is 400,000 in the bank, seasoned for three months, or 40K per month, for 12 months, but Immigrations is making allowances on this since the amendment was not published until Jsnuary.  For instance my Visa was renewed October 2018 and should be renewed October 2019, but as it was three months into my one year visa before they published the amendment, Immigration, according to the article published in Thai Visa the other day will make an allowance for this situation because you can't be expected to obey the law if the law has not been promulgated!

Where did you get 4000.000 from for retirement?

Married to a Thai or not on retirement you have to have 800.000.

• Like 2

Phitsanulok used to be my IO when we first moved here. We went straight there from the airport, no proper address of where we were staying, no receipts or lease. The boss filled out a TM30 in my gf's name and had her sign it to save us a 250km round trip. Great service, good to know they still have it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

Sorry, NOT MARRIED.