Jump to content

Thai Idol Group BNK48 Member Wears Nazi Flag on Stage


rooster59

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Hitler, Second World War, Einstein, JFK, Beatles, Man on Moon, Twin Towers...................my GF (49) & her daughter (20) have no idea about them.

Speaks volumes for the Thai education system.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, with a little bit of Buddhist knowledge and a total lack of knowledge about Hitler and the Nazis, she may have seen it as a Buddhist symbol (though, I don't think she mentioned that in her apology, it would have been an easy out). 

image.png.1c5fb88119a579376d772d717c26345c.png 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying it applies in this case but the design is Asian in origin, with the four legs facing the opposite way from the nazi copy, The germans got it wrong or reversed it.

You can see the sign carved in stone on many ancient graves in Vietnam.

So next time you see one look at it carefully before getting all bitter and twisted about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Khunbilly said:

To be fair, with a little bit of Buddhist knowledge and a total lack of knowledge about Hitler and the Nazis, she may have seen it as a Buddhist symbol (though, I don't think she mentioned that in her apology, it would have been an easy out). 

image.png.1c5fb88119a579376d772d717c26345c.png 

Posting same time as you and thanks, I'll download your att.

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Prince Harry Nazi-Costume.jpg

That was a fancy dress party and he wore that because his school friends were ridiculing him and his families German connections , a fancy dress party , nothing to do with politics

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

I am quite sure that they just liked the design and were unaware of its implications .

Just a fashion mistake , rather than a Political statement .

Dont do it again, no harm done .

 

No harm if 6 million of your people weren’t slaughtered by the Nazis dude.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Not saying it applies in this case but the design is Asian in origin, with the four legs facing the opposite way from the nazi copy, The germans got it wrong or reversed it.

You can see the sign carved in stone on many ancient graves in Vietnam.

So next time you see one look at it carefully before getting all bitter and twisted about it.

The Nazis took the ancient swastika and re designed it  , the Nazi emblem is quite different to the ancient Buddhist symbol , similar, but quite different  

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do hope you gave them an education and sat them around the gramophone one evening and explained to them who Eleanor Rigby was  and who the Walrus really was and who was the egg man.

Lennon said he was the Walrus, until Glass Onion, when he said the Walrus was Paul.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

How much do you know about Asian history?

Very little, but so what. The events mentioned are some of the most significant and world changing events. WW2, Vietnam and the Moon landing are history all of earth's inhabitants should know about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The Nazis took the ancient swastika and re designed it  , the Nazi emblem is quite different to the ancient Buddhist symbol , similar, but quite different  

Yes but if someone has no knowledge of the original then they assume that anything similar is just a stylised version of the nazi flag.

Like a patpong Lolex watch. 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:
9 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Not saying it applies in this case but the design is Asian in origin, with the four legs facing the opposite way from the nazi copy, The germans got it wrong or reversed it.

You can see the sign carved in stone on many ancient graves in Vietnam.

So next time you see one look at it carefully before getting all bitter and twisted about it.

The Nazis took the ancient swastika and re designed it  , the Nazi emblem is quite different to the ancient Buddhist symbol , similar, but quite different  

They used the original name too. 'Swastika' is a Sanskrit word for prosperity and good luck.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

They used the original name too. 'Swastika' is a Sanskrit word for prosperity and good luck.

 

Similar to the Indian original Mahasa Sangkriti that is now Songkran in Thailand but don't tell anyone. 😆😆😆

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, brucegoniners said:

No harm if 6 million of your people weren’t slaughtered by the Nazis dude.

You can be upset if you want  , but apart from upsetting some people , no harm was done 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Ask teenage Westerners why this flag is offensive to some Asians and see whether they know or not .

 

Image result for japanese flag of war

Just shown this to my wife, Thai, 44. Not a clue what it was. Didn't even recognise that it was a flag.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Very little, but so what. The events mentioned are some of the most significant and world changing events. WW2, Vietnam and the Moon landing are history all of earth's inhabitants should know about. 

Because it affects Americans ?

What about the first Russian in space or the Chinese/Vietnam war or the Tutsi massacres  in Africa or the mass killing of American Indians ?

   Why should the world know more about the USA/Vietnam conflict , moreso than the Saudi/Yeman conflict or any other conflict in the world( that doesnt involve the USA)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Just shown this to my wife, Thai, 44. Not a clue what it was. Didn't even recognise that it was a flag.

Looks very like a certain part of my anantomy after eating too much chilli.

I am of course talking about my eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A member of one of Thailand’s biggest pop sensations wore a Nazi German war flag replete with swastikas at a Friday performance, according to images of the event.

Ignorant idiot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course it's the producer's fault -- they control every single thing about these kids who are nothing more than a manufactured product. These kids are not artists nor musicians and have no say in what they do, sing, wear or go. My guess is that the girl who apologised did so because she was told to, not because she had any understanding of the right or wrong of what she had done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

 

where is the responsible adult in the room? these children must be surrounded by management, publicists, parents and the show must have a producer as well as a multitude of other staff - did no one think that it might be inappropriate ? bizarre.

If they're all Thais, probably not

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The Nazis took the ancient swastika and re designed it  , the Nazi emblem is quite different to the ancient Buddhist symbol , similar, but quite different  

My wife has a small swastika tattooed on her shoulder. It looks like a swastika, it is a swastika.

 

She has no idea what the word "swastika" means. She's never heard of Hitler or Nazis. To her it's a Buddhist good luck symbol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...