Best Fast Snacks

Jet Gorgon

Large Matzo cracker

these things are great , but where can you get them in thailand ?

Good question. I hadn't thought about that. Has anyone ever seen a matzo in Thailand?

When in Liverpool I always have a few pack of various size matza in the cupboard, essential snacking.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite is the humble toasted sandwich. Chuck in some onions, salami slices and plenty of cheese. Fantastic post-pub snack.

dis sounds like culinary subversion to me...when de pub closes yer supposed to go down to de curry house an' get vindaloo wid yer mates or else down de chippie...later to lose it all on de pavement fer people to walk around on their way inta work on Monday... :D

Oh tutsi, you can be so crass! And funny... :o

My favourite is the humble toasted sandwich. Chuck in some onions, salami slices and plenty of cheese. Fantastic post-pub snack.

dis sounds like culinary subversion to me...when de pub closes yer supposed to go down to de curry house an' get vindaloo wid yer mates or else down de chippie...later to lose it all on de pavement fer people to walk around on their way inta work on Monday... :D

Oh tutsi, you can be so crass! And funny... :o

well...youse from Liverpool...don't the scenario sound familiar? I was A Derbyshire Lad (apologies to A E Houseman) about 20 years ago an' guys useta regularly vomit in front ob de cathedral...had ta watch out when goin' down to get de bus inta work on a Monday...

Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil in a baguette.. Yum :o

Wonderful and so simple. So many things can be added, only limited by your imagination. How about a little feta cheese. Or here's one that sounds weird, anchovy - not the salty ones, the one that are also in olive oil.

And here's another snack, although it needs baking in the oven. Half a red pepper with a peeled plum tomato (use tinned if you like) in it and topped with one or two anchovies drizzled with olive oil and a 'crack' of black pepper. Bake in a very hot oven for 15-20 mins, serve with crusty bread. Yummy...

I often serve this as a starter.

Fajita bread, the soft flour type.

Lay flat and basically make a pizza type thing.

I like, sour cream or Creme fresh spread over the base, thinly sliced peppers, some meat (ham, salami, whatever) and any cheese, spring onions and a hot pepper mix.

The combinations for this really are mind bending, as you don't have all the bread of a sandwich to eat, you can load it properly with toppings.

Then place under a grill, heat dependant on how much you've loaded the bread. Then again you may like it sloppy and soggy, or proper brown and crispy like me.

Eat them flat or roll them....!

Just try it, its so quick and easy....! :o

redrus

Edited by redrus

Txs. These all sound yummy. I like the flat bread choice, Redrus. Notice a big craze for focaccia lately. Tried one sandwich and the bread was so heavy I just picked at the fillings.

Yeah I like em cos they are tasty as, quick as and, healthy-ish. LOL, depending on load capacity of course. :o:D

Maybe I'll open a shop............ :D

redrus

SPAM? hateful stuff. We used to get spam fritters at school, the thought of it still makes me shudder. Slimey batter from being kept in a bain marie for 3 days and slimey tasteless cerise 'meat' ugh. :D

No wonder it's crap if you let it fester for 3 days :o

yew guys are gettin' complicated...I say we qualify the quick snack concept by sayin' that it's anything that ye can prepare an' stuff down yer gub in 15 minutes...

:o

Okiedokie. Fresh baguette, butter, peanut butter and quart of cold milk. Rip off chunk of baguette and slather with B and PB. Chew up. Wash down with milk. Repeat until sated.

A good point. My next suggestion will be something most people have.

Pasta shapes

Tinned tuna

assorted salad items

Mayo or ranch dressing.

Cook up a bit of pasta, add the tuna and chopped salad stuff (toms, cue and onions are a good start) lob on some mayo and voila - a tasty, quick, cheap snack. :o

yew guys are gettin' complicated...I say we qualify the quick snack concept by sayin' that it's anything that ye can prepare an' stuff down yer gub in 15 minutes...

Mine a couple of posts *above yours, is done in five mins, as long as you put the grill on first....! :o

redrus

Edited by redrus

for those living in a cold climate , hot porridge spread on hot heavily buttered thick toasted raisin bread . can be done in about 10-15 minutes.

a nice bowl of Wheateena or Cream of Wheat goes down well anytime in whatever weather wid butter an' a liddle brown sugar...preparation time about de same as mama noodles...but where to find in Thailand?

no mention ob instant noodles on dis thread : cheap, quick an' easy...whazza matter wid falangs that they don't like instant noodles? Kraft macaroni wid cheese all inna box?

:D

Okiedokie. Fresh baguette, butter, peanut butter and quart of cold milk. Rip off chunk of baguette and slather with B and PB. Chew up. Wash down with milk. Repeat until sated.

I often do exactly that, only i use VEGEMITE instead of PB..And add a little chocolate sauce to the milk..yummmmyyy.. :o

Ah, I just made toast, slopped on butter and mayo, five slices of firm tomato, salt and pepper. Sliced diagonally in half. Good.

nooooooo :o

you forgot the CHEESE !!!

nooooo. Cheese is not in this one coz it wrecks the taste of the fresh tomatoes. Trust me.

It seems, no-ones really mentioned puddings, they can be fast too if you buy the right ones.

I mean, Jamaican Ginger cake or Treacle Sponge and custard. Jam Roly Poly, Chocolate cake with Orange Chocolate Sauce....

Loads of em. :D

Anytime...................... :o

redrus

• 2 weeks later...
These are a great snack and widely available in Thailand. Although the 38 baht version suck compared to the original import from Aussie (95 baht)..

mmmm aus thai ed knows what hes talking about :o and yes stay away from the (indonesian) local version!!

see my gallery pics :D

EDIT: added link

Edited by MiG16

These are a great snack and widely available in Thailand. Although the 38 baht version suck compared to the original import from Aussie (95 baht)..

mmmm aus thai ed knows what hes talking about :o and yes stay away from the (indonesian) local version!!

see my gallery pics :D

EDIT: added link

MiG Ms Chocoholic is hot dude. Where did you dig that up from ?

And chilli and chocolate tim tams, WOW..post-31110-1174916438.gif

yeh have you tried those? we obviously dont get them here in thailand....usually these limited edition ones are only available in Aus.

for instance most aussies didnt know that they used to have hazelnut timtams for quite sometime :o