Korean Tourist Fined For Slapping Suvarnabhumi Staff

webfact

So here is what happened when a female Korean tourist slapped two TSA agents at the Orlando airport.

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/police-woman-hit-2-tsa-agents-at-oia-during-security-checkpoint

Arrested, jailed and charged with two counts of felony battery.

By the way, have a look at the perp...she seems to bear some resemblance the woman in the BKK incident. You don't suppose...nah, never mind.

Slapped Suvarnabhumi security worker praised for protecting airport’s image by showing restraint

By The Nation

a71db9c985f8946e68c38664727940c8.jpeg

A female airport security staff member, who was slapped by a South Korean woman while on duty, has been praised by a senior airport executive for not retaliating or seeking recompense as, in her eyes, doing so might have negatively affected the image of Thailand’s international airport services.

The incident took place on Saturday night at Suvarnabhumi Airport while the Thai worker was checking passengers at the security checkpoint in the departure area. 

She asked to carry out a pat-down body check of a South Korean woman, who was accompanied by a Korean man, but the tourist refused to allow the officer to carry out the check. 

The woman then abruptly slapped the Thai worker on the face, whereupon the Korean man and a male security worker had to quickly pull her away from the security agent. 

The man then gave a “wai” to the agent as an apology before leaving Thailand. 

However, police fined the assailant Bt1,000 before she could also depart the country. 

Kittipong Kittikachorn, executive vice president and deputy general manager of Suvarnabhumi Airport, said on Monday that the female officer had been assaulted despite correctly following the principles of security measures as per her training. 

However, she had decided not to take any legal action against the tourist, he added.

“I admire her for being patient.

Although she was attacked, she neither acted against [the assailant at the time] nor pursued a case, because the offender was a foreign tourist and the Thai agent was afraid that it [any form of retaliation] might affect the service image of the airport,” Kittipong said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30363079

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-28

36 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

A female airport security staff member, who was slapped by a South Korean woman while on duty, has been praised by a senior airport executive for not retaliating or seeking recompense as, in her eyes, doing so might have negatively affected the image of Thailand’s international airport services.

I know in many airports around the world that airport security staff can be rude and overzealous - I accept this. I'd rather they were this way than them being meek and worrying about a good image. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The incident was made public after a Twitter user on Sunday posted a clip of security footage

How on earth can a twitter user post a clip of a security footage??? 

She can sue the airport for this use in public online world 

She was wrong yes but this is very disturbing if a security footage can go public 

From video it looks like guy does lt want to be touched and appears he said it a few times and yet she continues to grab him.

from memory of being scanned, they never touch you but ask to turn around instead of grabbing you.

sure not a reason to slap her but she may have been in the wrong 

• Confused 1

The woman who was slapped did not want to press charges, as the article very clearly reported that's why she was only fined,  nothing to do with an uneven justice system, getting away with it or tolerating physical violence
As is her right, however the authorities should have followed through pressing charges on their own front. Many people carry on here acting like they do because they know that the loss of face and personal expenses incurred have a major effect on the initiatation of any legal challenges.
If the authorities acted of their own initiatives to follow up on cases like this with a full bank and enough clout then I am sure there would be a marked reduction of incidents.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Just Weird said:

In this particular case, that would be your misinformed and judgemental opinion, then?   The victim did not want any charges made against the Korean.

Yawn, you missed the joke. As I notice you often do. 

Cheer up, the weather is great outside

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

The woman who was slapped did not want to press charges, as the article very clearly reported that's why she was only fined,  nothing to do with an uneven justice system, getting away with it or tolerating physical violence

The other newspaper says fined 1,000Baht.

Although she was attacked, she neither acted against [the assailant at the time] nor pursued a case, because the offender was a foreign tourist and the Thai agent was afraid that it [any form of retaliation] might affect the service image of the airport,” Kittipong said. ????

more like the Thai didn't fancy a 1 on 1

Last time I left USA the TSA decided I needed a "closer check", swab hands and said I had explosive residue. I haven't fired a gun or anything like that in >50 years. But I cheerfully go along with the whole process. Got a detailed explanation of where they gonna feel up my junk, etc. I said "Hey, I live in Thailand: I'm used to strangers grabbing me there..."

BUT later I thought if this up close and personal feel up happens again, this is what I'll say: "I am gay and not comfortable with a man feeling around down there. I might get aroused. Could I have a woman perform the search?"

I wonder what the response will be....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

Last time I left USA the TSA decided I needed a "closer check", swab hands and said I had explosive residue. I haven't fired a gun or anything like that in >50 years. But I cheerfully go along with the whole process. Got a detailed explanation of where they gonna feel up my junk, etc. I said "Hey, I live in Thailand: I'm used to strangers grabbing me there..."

BUT later I thought if this up close and personal feel up happens again, this is what I'll say: "I am gay and not comfortable with a man feeling around down there. I might get aroused. Could I have a woman perform the search?"

I wonder what the response will be....

You'll probably get prosecuted for some weird rule about sexual discrimination!

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

They did, she was fined!  There was no more that they could do.

Of course they could have done more. She could have been arrested, jailed, charged with felonious assault of an airport security office and tried for the offence. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Looks either drunk or mentally unstable.

She's an Asian Woman that didn't want to do what the officer wanted her to do...............glad she missed her plane, but should have been jailed for a month.

12 hours ago, Rhys said:

String her up.. try that with the goons at USA... Generally it that HUGE Arse BIG Dark complexed and drunk on authority with the magic wand... type

A few years ago it a High Level C what ever hit a male screen over the ear while he was doing his job.. apparent the FAT CAT did not like that his badge was not acknowledged.

Give that lady a day off or battle pay.. Kudos

Even after an edit your post makes little sense. Try again, needs work.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

I know the Bangkok Post stated that, I can read, I also said that she had been fined, did you miss that too?

Slow down, my post didn't include any comment whatever indicating you were wrong.

I was just highlighting the point about poor reporting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bubba said:

Of course they could have done more. She could have been arrested, jailed, charged with felonious assault of an airport security office and tried for the offence. 

Not without the victim agreeing to the charges, they could not have done more in this case.  She was arrested, charged with assault, found guilty and she was fined!

Edited by Just Weird

17 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

You guys dont know S. Korean culture? 

A tickle under the arm is a knee jerk reaction resulting in a slap...

Lived in Korea for 4 years in the Army, never heard that one, but S Korean women are easily roused and will strike out.........a soldier working for me had his arm pulled out if its shoulder socket by his wife, she misunderstood him, he said he was going to the Store, she thought he said 'going to find a whore'

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Slow down, my post didn't include any comment whatever indicating you were wrong.

I was just highlighting the point about poor reporting. 

There was no 'poor reporting'!

Slow down, I didn't say that you indicated that I was wrong.

Edited by Just Weird