Junta downplays surveillance of Pheu Thai politician as she campaigns

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Hmmm. Last time many people I know voted PTP. Thought YL might be a catalyst for change and wanted someone different in power. They all went to the mass protests when she tried to grant her crooked brother total amnesty and immunity. They all supported the army removing her caretaker floundering administration. Now they all want the Junta out and someone else in power.

The sad thing is they only ever get the same same but different type of politician. Only the politicians profit massively.

Well then, with all those PT supporters abandoning the PT ship, it was selfless of the Dems and PDRC to boycott and sabotage the election. Because clearly they would have been in the box seat and had their reforms AFTER the election in the way that things are supposed to happen.

If your friends locked gates to polling booths and supported the army coup, they fully deserve their current disillusionment and should think about the fact that they are responsible for the present state of affairs, that they acted like excited children who want everything at once and have no patience to bother with silly little things like proper process, tolerance of other views and electoral procedure. They should go stand in the corner for a good long time.

Why would you expect potential  politicians with principles to put up with their childishness?

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

but all parties who have taken an anti junta stance who are subject to this intimidation. 

A sad situation, GarryP, if this is so. Any tips or links to sources of news of these Junta gerrymanderings?

2 minutes ago, Ossy said:

A sad situation, GarryP, if this is so. Any tips or links to sources of news of these Junta gerrymanderings?

There was a thread on it a while ago but I am not sure that the gerrymandering will have much effect (the changes were not major and some of the changes in voting districts made sense i.e. not actual gerrymandering in some cases. I follow some of the parties (mostly Thai language) and news both in Thai and English on Twitter.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“We did not focus our jobs on individuals or politicians. Our goals are to keep order in each area,” he said.

The fact that an individual politician was the focus on this occasion was entirely coincidental..

BS

17 hours ago, GeoMill said:

My wife has never cared about politics... but this is the first time she really wants to vote. Anything to get someone else in power. ????

Like most Thais, she obviously doesn't realise that whichever way the vote goes, the military retain power.  The changes to the constitution allows only the house of representatives to be elected.  The senate is 100% appointed by the NCPO including reserved seats for the military.  The PM is not elected by the leading party but can be anyone and not necessarily a politician.  As some have pointed out, this election is a farce and an insult to the Thai people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

She openly cavorts with a known criminal fugitive who happens to own the political party she's trying to "lead" and has endorsed her as potential PM.

Now that might attract the security forces in any country.

Aye, when you've nowt to work with, there is always the guilt by association card to play.

Thing is, if they had anything on her she would already be in prison or abroad. That she isn't says it all. This is nothing but intimidation for the sake of intimidating. 

• Like 1

Millions of us are hopeful that these absolute goons will be outvoted, even if it is by Bozo the Clown. Whoever. It barely matters at this point, as long as the incompetent, power hungry, greedy, heartless fools can be put out to pasture. I think it is safe to say that the vast majority of Thais, and nearly every ex-pat in Thailand despises the army, and Prayuth.

Get out. Get out now. You are not wanted, you are not needed, you are not liked. You are in the way of progress, and have done so little in the four years you have been given. You are the roadblocks, to Thailand moving forward! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

She openly cavorts with a known criminal fugitive who happens to own the political party she's trying to "lead" and has endorsed her as potential PM.

' But but Thaksin ! ' , is that really all you have in defence of the indefensible ? If you are honest to yourself then you will concede that is utterly pathetic.

Edited by joecoolfrog
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

' But but Thaksin ! ' , is that really all you have in defence of the indefensible ? If you are honest to yourself then you will concede that is utterly pathetic.

Ssshhhhhush, otherwise the other one (you know who I mean) may appear on this thread! ????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ossy said:

That he cannot see this army surveillance - 3 big soldiers harassing one woman, for christ's sake -

Really?

Hmmmmn

From the original article

showed Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan, chairperson of the party’s strategic panel, approaching three army soldiers

it sounds more like she was harassing them...

Edited by Shadychris
  • Haha 1

"Well maybe she shouldn't be in cahoots with a convicted crook then."

A few years ago there were media reports of a VERY senior policeman meeting The dark lord in HKK along with many other prominent people. Would tou like to condemn them for being in "cahoots" as well ? 

On 1/28/2019 at 7:32 AM, Thaiwrath said:

It is getting hideously embarrassing now for these clowns in charge, and hopefully the electorate can see it all, and will want to start afresh. 

Is this story running in the Thai news?

Well, Sudarat is a seasoned "politician" having been around for a looooooong time. This time the puppet master is sending in the real team; reason enough to follow them. 
Sudarat will certainly not care if and who follows; she has bigger fish to fry and has all intentions to follow suit! 

20 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Exactly.................just that the security forces in other countries are more subtle in there approach to the task of surveillance.

• Confused 1

Well maybe she shouldn't be in cahoots with a convicted crook then.
Oh he is indeed convicted (under suspicious circumstances) however he is an angel compared to the people that stole Thailand.

If I were you I would keep very quiet, as you do not have a leg to stand on. The crooks are running Thailand at gunpoint and the only reason they cannot be convicted is because they are the law.

You sir have utterly disqualified yourself

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 7:39 PM, GeoMill said:

My wife has never cared about politics... but this is the first time she really wants to vote. Anything to get someone else in power. ????

I'm still waiting for that tip for the most anti-military politician one can vote for. Military is and has always been anti-farang. I've got a couple of Thais waiting for instructions.

Edited by DrTuner

20 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I'm still waiting for that tip for the most anti-military politician one can vote for. Military is and has always been anti-farang. I've got a couple of Thais waiting for instructions.

Future Forward has said that its policies include stopping conscription, downsizing the military and retiring off 1/3 or 1/2 (can't remember which) of the generals. And for that reason alone if it came into power with a majority (highly unlikely but very popular with the younger voters) there would be another coup.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Future Forward has said that its policies include stopping conscription, downsizing the military and retiring off 1/3 or 1/2 (can't remember which) of the generals. And for that reason alone if it came into power with a majority (highly unlikely but very popular with the younger voters) there would be another coup.  

Would be nice if they came to power, but I doubt he will get enough votes. I like him nice fresh face some good idea's. Too bad that much of what he promises can't be realised. The same goes for all other parties promising things they will never be able to deliver. 

14 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Yes that's the current contender .. not sure who they got in Pattaya. https://www.facebook.com/FWP.Chonburi/