Video: Whose fault was it - the bike or the truck?

webfact

39 minutes ago, Enki said:

I wonder why the picture is mirror imaged. They drive on the "right side" in the video.

It is a frontage road with traffic both ways and he crossed to the divided 4 lane road without looking to his left.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RKASA said:

It is a frontage road with traffic both ways and he crossed to the divided 4 lane road without looking to his left.

but is it?, many of them arent but get used as "both" ways.

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

It is the foreigner's fault. 

If they were not here on holiday this would never have happened.

Rubbish its  neithers drivers  fault as  both are  Thai, need to check the nationality of the geese  though as maybe they could be held accounatble

3 hours ago, RKASA said:

I think you are correct.

Most frontage roads I've seen are (supposed to be) one way... (but that's not to say they are always driven as such).

In this case, the motorcycle was going against the correct flow, and the truck driver wasn't expecting anyone coming from his left (although it looks as if a minibus also considers it 2-way).

As a motorcyclist, you should always be aware of other traffic since you are most likely to come off worse, whether you are driving "correctly" or otherwise.

Edited by steve73

who cares.  the person on the bike was the only one who might get killed, so they needed to get out of the way.  if i'm walking and a train is about to crush me, i don't think, "hey, if i get hit i'll blame the train." 

then the truck driver did a hit-and-run, so also to blame.

fine both 100 baht, then deport 10 farangs and fine them 10 million.  select farangs based on tattoos, brand of cigarette, and how many bars they visited before noon.  that narrows it down to 100 million.  

• Like 1

Truck is wrong since the bike had right of way.
Wife is a lousy driver because 1) she lacked anticipation and 2) she was on the fast lane. 

Truck driver tried to run away, no excuses for that. Whenever I hit people in my car I always see if i can help before I drive off.

• Haha 1

I just love the way the Geese handled the situation, one walks over to the other and says "Hey did you see that??? Yep, idiot motorbike guy didn't stop for that big truck, he wasn't going that fast, cuda stopped if he wasn't talking on his phone"

Clearly the trucker is wrong for the reasons many have already mentioned. 

That said, it seems obvious to me that neither party is paying proper attention. 

The motorcycle took no evasive maneuvers at all. They were both essentially asleep. The whole thing is sad. 

And being right doesn't mean you don't pay a price. 

If you are anywhere near a road in Thailand, regardless of your method of locomotion, keep your head on a swivel or you will meet the pavement in a violent and painful manner sooner or later. 

This is a three dimensional problem. Watch the skies too! Flying motorcycles and/or drivers are not unheard of in LOS. Of course pay proper attention to the road surface as well. 

Actually, best to just not go near a road! ????????