The Indians are coming! And they're not "Cheap Charlies", say the TAT

webfact

3 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Please go away, there are enough trolls here already. I'll let you know if we need some more. And please stop clicking the 'confused' button, if you're that confused, it's probably best not to announce it..

Ok, so just ignore the question then.  

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Hayduke said:

They now hit the go-go bars and order two cokes for six people instead of only one.

15 hours ago, HLover said:

Sad

But very true, and two cokes if your lucky, generally they just want to all grab and touch the girls, and have no respect for women.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

TAT chief Yuthasak Suphasorn said at a travel fair in New Delhi that the average expenditure for an Indian per trip abroad is 50,000 baht per person. 

I spent more than that on a 2 day trip to the wife's village. ????

$$$'s and number of visitors is all that TAT ever care about... so who are TAT referring to when mentioning "cheap Charlies"? I wonder??

Heaven help us expats who live here along with the Thai population... think about this... 10 million plus Chinese last year.... now double that to 20 million with the Indians +++..... mayhem on the roads in places like Phuket and Pattaya that haven't been coping with traffic now for many many years. 

18 hours ago, keith101 said:

And the vast majority of these are the poor and cant afford to take holidays even in their own country for more than a couple of days .

Those that migrated to Singapore (not the older generations) are the very rich. They are either very rich with class or poor with no class. Unfortunately the in betweens are hard to find.

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

who are disguised ? the rich indians or the "would be" buggers disguised as "not buggers" ?

Most I've worked with are indeed Cheap Charlies. Some might call that frugal but I agree with the fact they have little respect for women. Just check the news over the past couple of years about the gang rapes that took place in India. If they act foolishly in Thailand most likely Big Joke will take care of it. Now that he has started making changes he won't stop until all people behave.

7 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Most I've worked with are indeed Cheap Charlies. Some might call that frugal but I agree with the fact they have little respect for women. Just check the news over the past couple of years about the gang rapes that took place in India. If they act foolishly in Thailand most likely Big Joke will take care of it. Now that he has started making changes he won't stop until all people behave.

You are so correct....how silly of me to have forgotten that gang rapes only occur in India....and that only the indians lack respect for their females.....and how silly of me to have forgotten that in India women have the right to vote since 194x... but many other countries gave women full sufrage rights only much much later....

18 hours ago, HLover said:

Sad

I witnessed four Indian guys order two bottles of water in a Go-Go bar.  Mama-san said they had to have a drink each before they could grab at the girls.  Two of them left for a cigarette outside & returned to sit in front of their mates' water in a shift system.

52 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

You are so correct....how silly of me to have forgotten that gang rapes only occur in India....and that only the indians lack respect for their females.....and how silly of me to have forgotten that in India women have the right to vote since 194x... but many other countries gave women full sufrage rights only much much later....

Chill out dude. You have a few issues to deal with. Get to it. Anger management 101 class is about to start. Don't be late. Yeesh!!

2 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Given the current levels of pollution the Indian tourists will feel right at home.

Maybe that's a good way to cleanse the polluted Thai air. Invite more and more "tourists" over and let them breathe all the pollution in and then return to their home countries (albeit with lung cancer and other fun lung issues). :-) 

11 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Maybe that's a good way to cleanse the polluted Thai air. Invite more and more "tourists" over and let them breathe all the pollution in and then return to their home countries (albeit with lung cancer and other fun lung issues). ????

Tough decision: air pollution or body odor combined with cheap cologne and curry?

On 1/31/2019 at 12:10 PM, Hayduke said:

They now hit the go-go bars and order two cokes for six people instead of only one.

and this is a no shi'it  story, I saw 4 Indians, or Bangladeshi's outside a 7/11 on soi 11, a couple Leo's and two straws sharing them.  Several hookers I have known for years refuse to even talk to them as they treat women so bad..........Soi 4 Omni hotel, I went to visit a friend staying there, passed three rooms, doors open, each had about 10 people in them, suitcases everywhere, and the smell???!!?? enough to gag a maggot............Yep, TAT defintely nailed this one - ................"and they are not Cheap Charlie's"

Now on the other hand, there are a fair amount of rich Indians, evidence is the high end Condo market in Bangkok, a lot is owned by Indians.

23 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

I used to live in India and have many Indian friends. One observation about Indian culture, which my friends agreed with, was that when an Indian pays for something they think they've the right to use and abuse it fully to get the maximum value for money perception. Many hotels don't like Indian guests because of how they trash the rooms etc. They tend not to respect anything they've had to pay for unless it's expensive and becomes their property. A strange sort of arrogance. 

I can understand why many bar girls and sex workers don't want Indian customers. Cheap charlies always looking for a discount and then treating with no respect or wanting their several mates to have a turn free.

But the Indian families who visit aren't likely to be looking for bar girls! And they behave just like other tourists. 

Typical third world behavior, mainland Chinese are the same. 

They work like dogs for their money,  they want  200%  of their money's worth. 

On 1/31/2019 at 1:11 PM, bkk6060 said:

Actually what I have found to be one of the biggest Thai girl lies.

They go with Indian men they just do not like to admit it.

Agree. And, I'll add that it's surprising so many of us gullible farang exist and don't realize Thais (and east Asians in general) are masters of telling people what they want to hear. 

Thai girl to old Farang: "I not like Thai man. Thai man, him no good. I like Farang. Good heart. (now looking at male sex organ) Ooh! Too big cannot! Thai man, very small (shows pinky finger). You, farang, very big. I like." 

Thai girl to Chinese: "Ni Hao! I like China man. My mother father also China people. China economy very big. Very strong. I not like 'gweilo'. Gweilo bad heart, not much money." 

Thai girl to Indian (or other dark skinned person): "I like dark skin. See? I am dark same same you. I not like white skin. I like you." 

Thai girl to Thai man: "I hate farang."

Why do guys think one of the first things these girls want to know is "where you come from?". It's so they can figure out the best script to get us to part with our money. Amazing a Westerner would believe nearly anything a prostitute says. ????????????

On 1/31/2019 at 1:04 PM, SammyT said:

I'm sure the bargirls are thrilled about it all. I've heard many won't even touch them due to the disrespect the Indian guys treat bargirls with. 

If true, it's fair to say that many Indians won't be coming...

But not everything boils down to the sex trade. 

It's not exactly one of Thailand's growing markets. 

The travelling sexpest is increasingly becoming a rarity, banging women more poor than you on the cheap is losing its cache, irrespective of how hard some of the dinosaurs here cling to the past. 

8 hours ago, Leonard Thong said:

Those that migrated to Singapore (not the older generations) are the very rich. They are either very rich with class or poor with no class. Unfortunately the in betweens are hard to find.

Not in the states, where they have a median family income of about $100K per year.

Admittedly, they are culturally very "cheap" as well as being mysoginistic. However, tarring all Indians with the stereotype of the Indian sexpat is a bit much.......

16 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Wow, you are probably one of the quickest on this forum to come out with a negative Thai comment - and that is saying something.

Did you read the article?  "This guy" gave a talk at the South Asia Travel and Tourism Exchange.  That's it.  Do you really think he said "Wahey, they are not Cheap Charlies!!"?  I'm sure you do because you are so anti-Thai everything, you probably really believe he used those words - indeed you say as much.  Quite unbelievable, you really do think he said that.

The headline is a spin by the quite consistently poor "Webfact".  You do realise that right?  Or do you think that all Thai officials write their own internet headlines?    

Dudes to thick to actually read the topic he's discussing, but the real tragedy is how threatened the readership here is that Thailand may actually be over their esteemed selves. 

The whole "we are better sex tourists" debate is rather pathetic. 

2 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

Dudes to thick to actually read the topic he's discussing, but the real tragedy is how threatened the readership here is that Thailand may actually be over their esteemed selves. 

The whole "we are better sex tourists" debate is rather pathetic. 

Wrong in so many respects. And this from someone who actually believes in metempsychosis (presumably).

Oh Lordy. ???? Might be time for a quick trip down the wat...

Duh. I'm coming back as a rich dude... Duh.

Archived