‘I Don’t Know What To Do’ About Smog: Bangkok Governor

webfact

20 hours ago, webfact said:

“I don’t know what to do.”

Wait until the first big rain shower. That's all you can do really.

And protect yourself with a mask. 

• Thanks 1

Ban every car not having four passengers or let them pay THB 1000/trip.

This, of course, can only be applied, if functioning public transport is in place. Latter is absent and where existing, sometimes operated with 30+ years old buses belching half the engine when leaving a bus stop.

Introduce driving on either even or odd days; the car plate's last figure counts. Will pass on the logistics back to the user; Athens among other capitals does it for years. 

Improve the education system which will convince parents to put their kids into public schools (like Switzerland or Germany); will save millions of kilometers every day in Bangkok. 

Private sector to introduce flexible working hours; some jobs could be done partly at home. 

City planning to include logistics, shopping centres and bus terminals belong to the suburbs with top access by public transport.

The list is endless; Bangkok though has done absolutely nothing over the last 30+ years I've been here - how sad! 

• Like 1

It's NOT ROCKET SCIENCE Mr Governor... think for once in your life!!  think about cars trucks tuk tuts etc.  Read world newspapers and see what other countries and cities have been doing... especially your good friends to the NE...China.  Beijing has had terrible problems with smog.... go google it and read what they have been doing to minimise the smog!! I wonder how in gods name you ever got your job!!

Ban every car not having four passengers or let them pay THB 1000/trip.

This, of course, can only be applied, if functioning public transport is in place. Latter is absent and where existing, sometimes operated with 30+ years old buses belching half the engine when leaving a bus stop.

Introduce driving on either even or odd days; the car plate's last figure counts. Will pass on the logistics back to the user; Athens among other capitals does it for years. 

Improve the education system which will convince parents to put their kids into public schools (like Switzerland or Germany); will save millions of kilometers every day in Bangkok. 

Private sector to introduce flexible working hours; some jobs could be done partly at home. 

City planning to include logistics, shopping centres and bus terminals belong to the suburbs with top access by public transport.

The list is endless; Bangkok though has done absolutely nothing over the last 30+ years I've been here - how sad! 

And it ain’t gonna start now !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1