Video: Many injuries as staff bus collides with tow truck doing a U-turn

webfact

Video: Many injuries as staff bus collides with tow truck doing a U-turn

8pm_VI.jpg

Dash cam footage from a staff bus show the moment that it collided with a truck doing a dangerous U-turn.

Just after overtaking another truck and going round a bend the bus brakes and the horn sounds but it is too late to avert a collision. 

The bus was taking staff home from Amata City on Wednesday evening.

The accident happened at a hill called Krathing Daeng in Bowin district of Sri Racha. 

It was posted on the Facebook page of Phiaw Yiang Thai Sri Racha (Bowin) foundation who said there were many injuries. 

Thai Rath said that the date on the footage did not match when the accident actually occurred. 

No other details were reported. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-01

• Confused 1

Typical Thai bad maneuver?.......yes.

Typical Thai failure to perceive, anticipate and react accordingly?.........yes.

And don't forget the usual bit of "good luck" junk swinging around, blocking the drivers nearside line of sight.

Put them together and Thailand gets to be where it is on the death chart.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Typical Thai bad maneuver?.......yes.

Typical Thai failure to perceive, anticipate and react accordingly?.........yes.

And don't forget the usual bit of "good luck" junk swinging around, blocking the drivers nearside line of sight.

Put them together and Thailand gets to be where it is on the death chart.

In most motor accidents that involve two or more vehicles it is likely that blame can be proportioned between all parties.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Just after overtaking another truck and going round a bend the bus brakes and the horn sounds but it is too late to avert a collision.

Lol..... seems a lot more like sounding the horn, expecting that the noise will somehow ensure collision avoidance, vs applying the brakes, which is a common occurrence here

personally, in a case like that, if I was driving, I’d be doing just about anything other than sounding the damn horn.... maybe emergency braking with both hands in a death grip on the steering wheel.... but not the horn, as that is absolutely pointless, as evidenced.

• Like 1

I was in a restaurant near the station at Surat Thani. I noticed the driver having a couple of cold beers while they loaded the bus. Glad I was going on the train. Also buses are seriously underpowered it takes them forever to get up to speed causing the drivers to do anything to not loose speed. You will see this on the smallest of hills they slow right down and start grabbing gears immediately. So you have a fool pulling out in front of another fool ,bad situation.