Can I use 4 transfers of 120k every 3 months) to extend marriage visa

1 hour ago, alexlm said:

I can't transfer 45k a month.

I can only transfer 150k every 3 months

You seem to think this is really about "proving your income."  It's not.  It's about crafting a set of rules which are likely to cause people to slip-up, so that they have to pay off immigration with agent-money or leave the country.  With some IOs, it seems they are equally satisfied with either outcome, though many of the front-line folks are likely just caught up in the machine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, alexlm said:

I can't transfer 45k a month.

I can only transfer 150k every 3 months

I only get my private pension every 3 months so only send my main money every 3 months, plus some top ups every now and again.

Asked the local irritation officer when I did my 90 days. Got a confused look. Said I will bring copy of bank statements when I do my renewal next month with my final affadavit letter. We will wait & see!!????????????

• Like 1

I thought that the options to extend an extension of stay based on a Non O visa include either showing 400k THB in your bank seasoned for 2 months prior or showing 40k THB deposited to your Thai bank account every month?

If Im correct then it wont matter how often you make transfers as long as the 400k is there for 2 months prior to your application and remains in your bank whilst under consideration.

Maybe someone else would confirm or elaborate.

Edited by NightSky

2 minutes ago, NightSky said:

I thought that the options to extend an extension of stay based on a Non O visa include either showing 400k THB in your bank seasoned for 2 months prior or showing 40k THB deposited to your Thai bank account every month?

That is for an extension of stay based upon marriage or being the parent of a Thai not just having a non-o visa entry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NightSky said:

If Im correct then it wont matter how often you make transfers as long as the 400k is there for 2 months prior to your application and remains in your bank whilst under consideration.

Maybe someone else would confirm or elaborate.

You're right but the OP is asking about a visa, not an extension of stay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

Thanks for clarification I see yes, I wasn't aware what 'marriage visa' was referring to exactly. I know of a Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage that can be extended.

18 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Thanks for clarification I see yes, I wasn't aware what 'marriage visa' was referring to exactly. I know of a Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage that can be extended.

The visa can not be extended. The permission to stay can be extended.

You can get a new visa outside Thailand 

You can extend your permission to stay inside Thailand.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

The OP did write "visa," but I presumed him to be talking about a marriage extension of stay.

As you know, folks here often incorrectly refer to extensions of stay as visas....

I didn't see anything in the OP's post that made me think he was actually talking about a real visa.

Plus, you can't really "extend" a regular O visa based on marriage to a Thai, can you?  And not in a way that requires 12 months of 40K baht income transfers into Thailand.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but when these rules were first released, I read it that we now needed to show tax statements to prove income. Is that not the case already? Just statements showing at least 40K a month going into Thai bank is enough (for marriage extension)?

To be safe, I already put 400K in the thai bank but I'd prefer not to leave it there all year if all I need to show is the statements from my thai bank showing at least 40K a month going in. 

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

So when you get your next pension payment only send 40K/65K, and send the same each month thereafter. 

I know it costs more in transfer fees, but it's better to be safe than sorry until we know exactly what immigration will/wont accept.

Irritation officer, love that! ????????no doubt just a typo though

2 hours ago, NightSky said:
2 hours ago, elviajero said:

Ignore the “but ...”.

I think I had another OP in mind when I replied to you, the “but ... “ was wrong!

48 minutes ago, blakegeee said:

Slightly off topic, but when these rules were first released, I read it that we now needed to show tax statements to prove income. Is that not the case already? Just statements showing at least 40K a month going into Thai bank is enough (for marriage extension)?

To be safe, I already put 400K in the thai bank but I'd prefer not to leave it there all year if all I need to show is the statements from my thai bank showing at least 40K a month going in. 

“Tax statements” are only required if using income earned from a job in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackThompson said:

Says the guy who thinks immigration is on the "up and up" / trying to do the "right thing" as they wreck thousands of Thai lives/families with their games.

No. I acknowledge corruption when it exists. However, I can see the difference between legitimate immigration policy and corruption.

”wreck thousands of Thai lives/families”; LMFAO.

If people are creating such a dependency maybe they shouldn’t be so selfish if they have no long term legitimate way of staying in the country!

15 hours ago, NightSky said:

You would be extending the permission to stay given you when you entered the country. The visa expires according to the date shown on it or in the case of a single entry visa, when it's used. 

Permission to stay may be extended. Visas cannot be extended.