Pheu Thai ‘warrior’ candidate arrives for registration on horseback

webfact

Pheu Thai ‘warrior’ candidate arrives for registration on horseback 

By Boonpim Baiya 
The Nation

5ef9ec3188612cee822b0ff8db149e78-sld.jpe

A Pheu Thai Party candidate, seeking an MP seat in the upcoming general election in the northern province of Uttaradit, on Monday showed up to register his candidacy on horseback and dressed in warrior costume.

Today is the first day of the nationwide candidacy registration for the national poll on March 24.

Sarunwut Sarunkate is seeking a seat in the province’s Constituency 2.

People at the registration station became quiet when they saw Sarunwut ride up on a horse and enter the compound.

They were seen trying to stifle smiles after seeing him clad in the costume of a Thai traditional warrior, with sword in hand.

The compound was already crowded with supporters of each of the candidates and onlookers.

Sarunwut said before entering the registration building that his costume symbolised that he was battling with dictatorship to restore a good economy and happiness to the nation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30363495

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-04
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Sarunwut said before entering the registration building that his costume symbolised that he was battling with dictatorship to restore a good economy and happiness to the nation.

It is usually the junta that likes to play dress up.  But they don't ride horses.  The horse is a nice touch.  Horses make people happy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

It is usually the junta that likes to play dress up.  But they don't ride horses.  The horse is a nice touch.  Horses make people happy. 

Yes, it seems stupidity and a yearning back to feudal times is not limited to the just the junta. Seems all in power just want stupid peasants. 

Just now, Srikcir said:

Or is it that stupid peasants think they can have the same power as the elite?

Not very feudal at all.

You really think that politicians in Thailand are not elite ? Just an other form of elite. They are all the same. Just my opinion of course we seen how people in power act (do you know who my father is). Politicians and anyone in power look down on the people and think the rules don't apply to them. Id like you to prove me wrong here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Yes, it seems stupidity and a yearning back to feudal times is not limited to the just the junta. Seems all in power just want stupid peasants. 

Of course. The Junta don't do anything about changing the status quo. But then neither did any of the Shin kelptocracies this century. Unless you count Yingluck's pledge "that every child will be given a iPad/tablet just like mine". And we all know what happened with that!

They all want the masses that continue to accept feudal style Asian patronages, accept there is a "political and social elite" and most importantly never question the ludicrous explanations and lies they are fed. 

At this point in time, I believe the majority of the Thai people would elect his horse, if that was their only choice over Prayuth's candidate, and the hapless army. From what I have been told by many, many Thai people, he and the army are so despised, at this point in time, that anyone with a pulse would beat them in an election. Let us hope they are right. These incompetents are so far past their expiration date, it boggles the mind. Five years was plenty. Get out now.

Edited by spidermike007