jomtien/pattaya immigration retirement

Retirement extension using 800k 3 month seasoned already. Extending your visa this month february before march 1st.

Today i went to immigration n a few visa agents trying to get an answer only to be told 4 different things.

The question i had was im extending my retirement visa before march 1st using 800k in bank 3 months. Once my extension is approved do i have access to the 800k.

1. immigration. Unfortunately i really do not know if my question was answered clearly because the girl was already telling me an answer before i finished the question. Her answer was i have access immediatley but can not go below 400k.

2. Visa agent #1. I have access to the 800k immediately n the following year need to have 800k 3 months seasoned before renewal again.

3. Visa agent #2. I have access to the 800k but was not sure.

4. Visa agent #3. I do not have access to the 800k for 3 months after the extension is approved n not below 400k for the remainder even before march 1st.

Has anyone done an extension this february at jomtien/pattaya immigration on their own using the 800k 3 month seasoning for retirement extension. If so what did immigration say per using the 800k after being approved.

53 minutes ago, kannot said:

throw  all 4 up in the air and pick one.................then wait for the Immigration  Officer to tell you theyre  all wrong and his interpretation is correct...............bunch of  clowms who have peoples  lives dangling by a thread.

I just went to Jomtien Immigration today and it was a super pleasant experience. Very nice ladies and they even made a joke with me. No mucking around and were super quick to process the paperwork and return the passport.

As it is not a requirement to be a TV member for people  living in Thailand is there a sign or notice in Jomtien IO saying w.e.f from 1 March 19 the rules are going to be blah blah etc. It is only 23 days away and I think some people are going to be p.......d off.

From what I have heard visa agent 2 was given the correct answer if the applicant has had an extension of stay based on retirement in the last 10 years then nothing will change. The new rules only apply to new applicants.

But until immigration clarifies the situation it remains just another clusters--k from this administration.

13 hours ago, pontious said:

As it is not a requirement to be a TV member for people  living in Thailand is there a sign or notice in Jomtien IO saying w.e.f from 1 March 19 the rules are going to be blah blah etc. It is only 23 days away and I think some people are going to be p.......d off.

There is such a sign.

It's right next to the sign informing farangs that they may be fined if their landlord fails to complete a TM30 for them.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Thailand said:

From what I have heard visa agent 2 was given the correct answer if the applicant has had an extension of stay based on retirement in the last 10 years then nothing will change. The new rules only apply to new applicants.

But until immigration clarifies the situation it remains just another clusters--k from this administration.

Why do you think grand-fathering has been done?

There is no mention of this anywhere. Is it just wishful thinking (which I've noticed you are very good at)?

Visa agent #3 (4) is the correct answer unless told otherwise.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Are you prepared to expand of the source of that. As attractive as it sounds there seems to be no written release from immigration to be seen that supports it.

Thai Immigration seems so worried about people staying more than a month or so if they do not exactly fit the long stay criteria that my best guess is at first extension there will be a 'under consideration" stamp with a date 90 days hence, rather than hoped for at next year extension.

35 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

There is such a sign.

It's right next to the sign informing farangs that they may be fined if their landlord fails to complete a TM30 for them.

That's on a par with your Thai neighbour being caught speeding so we will fine the expat next door.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Last 10 year? How did you come up with this conclusion? Nowhere it says new rules apply to new applicants, except somebody's agent buddy. 

Edited by onera1961

58 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Visa agent #3 (4) is the correct answer unless told otherwise.

No.

Answer (4) will be for an extension from March 1st,

not for one you do before the new rules start, where (3) is the answer.

See post #4

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

// if the applicant has had an extension of stay based on retirement in the last 10 years then nothing will change. The new rules only apply to new applicants. //

I would say BS, rumour, … unless you can show proof of that :unsure:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Yes that needs clarifying

New Applicants or

New Applications

I would have thought the latter but

ubonjoe sorry if you have already clarified this

3 minutes ago, rott said:

Yes that needs clarifying

New Applicants or

New Applications

I would have thought the latter but

ubonjoe sorry if you have already clarified this

Nope. Wrong. Nothing has been mentioned officially about "grand-fathering". The amount of money required hasn't changed.

Has the income method which has been changed been grand-fathered? No, it hasn't.

The rule change has been stated that they come into effect from the 1st March. They apply to everyone. No exceptions have been made by immigration.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic
  • Like 1

Incorrect.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 hours ago, midnightsun said:

2. Visa agent #1. I have access to the 800k immediately n the following year need to have 800k 3 months seasoned before renewal again.

3. Visa agent #2. I have access to the 800k but was not sure.

4. Visa agent #3. I do not have access to the 800k for 3 months after the extension is approved n not below 400k for the remainder even before march 1st.

Why on earth use an agent if you have the 800k? It's not like you have work to do.

32 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Nope. Wrong. Nothing has been mentioned officially about "grand-fathering". The amount of money required hasn't changed.

Has the income method which has been changed been grand-fathered? No, it hasn't.

The rule change has been stated that they come into effect from the 1st March. They apply to everyone. No exceptions have been made by immigration.

No not wrong. The new rules come into effect from 1st March and apply when the next extension is applied for.

Unless it is clarified that the rule only applies to new applicants, which to me seems unlikely.

20 minutes ago, Rugon said:

Why on earth use an agent if you have the 800k? It's not like you have work to do.

Depending on the office, it can avoid "extra requirements" or documentation which are added to the published-requirements - sometimes a few more at a time with each attempt - to "encourage" agent-use. 

But, Jomtien has, in the past, been an easy office for retirement extensions.

Edited by JackThompson

29 minutes ago, Rugon said:

the only way i would ever apply for extension or 90 day stamp in person, would still be accompanied with an agent to avoid 'made up' requirements

by the immigration officer i'm appointed to,

and then i would still demand a written letter with the agency that i get my money back if the IO dont approve.

but until that day, i will stay away from immigration.

well, another way is if i have the means to enforce an approval of a valid application on spot

Edited by brokenbone

27 minutes ago, rott said:

No not wrong. The new rules come into effect from 1st March and apply when the next extension is applied for.

Unless it is clarified that the rule only applies to new applicants, which to me seems unlikely.

I'm talking about grand-fathering. Wasn't that obvious?

In addition, there is no mention of grand-fathering in the amended police notice. Previous grand-fathering is within the police order. Another reason to think that the new rule changes apply to everyone.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic