Quick Visa Question

Hi

I am a British Passport holder and i have currently using from 7th December to now a SETV + Reentry (Left to UK for 8 days) and it will expire on the 5th March.

Previously i had used within a year Visa exempt, travelling from UK to BKK for a period of 10-20 days 6 times last year

I need to go to Vietnam on the 10th March for 2 days, is there a way i can extend my stay till then?  In addition, will i be allowed back into BKK after 2 days?  If so, how long can i stay?

Many thanks in advance

If I read this correctly you are here on a SETV with a permission to stay due to expire 5th March. You have been in and out of Thailand once but kept your 60 day permission to stay with a single re-entry permit.

You can get an extension on your SETV (once max) for 30 days at immigration. Another re-entry can keep that extension active, or return on a visa waiver. 

I may have got this wrong and you have extended once already.

Edited by jacko45k

Looking at your dates it appears you have already gotten a 30 day extension of your 60 day entry from your tourist visa.

You could apply for an extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it is denied.

You should not have a problem getting another 30 day visa exempt entry after your trip to Vietnam. Just be prepared to show at least the equivalent of 20k baht and a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival is asked for them.

Just now, The Fat Controller said:

A SETV is valid for 3 months, but only allows a 60 day stay from you arrival date, the re-entry permit does not extend anything, just keeps the initial entry valid.

When did you enter Thailand ?

The stamp says is valid till 6th March

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Looking at your dates it appears you have already gotten a 30 day extension of your 60 day entry from your tourist visa.

You could apply for an extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days to leave the country after it is denied.

You should not have a problem getting another 30 day visa exempt entry after your trip to Vietnam. Just be prepared to show at least the equivalent of 20k baht and a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival is asked for them.

Where would be best ot get the extension?  In addition, i cant get a SETV?

1 minute ago, pantsonfire said:

Your regular immigration office. You would need to leave the country to obtain another SETV, some adjacent countries can be used. 

1 minute ago, Christophers200 said:

Extensions are applied for at any Thai Immigration Service office. Why are you saying you cannot get a SETV?  

Can i get a SETV from immigration office?  I think the main challenge for me now is how do i get to stay till 10th March so that i can leave to Vietnam

15 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

You can apply for the extension and get 7 days to leave the country at the same immigration office where you applied for the 30 day extension or any other office for where you are staying now.

You cannot get another SETV here in the country. You have to apply at a embassy or consulate in another country. 

Not sure how long you wish to stay in los after visit to Vietnam but you could obtain setv at thai consulate in Saigon. Easy process. You mention Thai gf as reason to only stay Vietnam couple of days. Take her with you. Pretty chilled place.

Edit...just saw above members posts about setv Vietnam. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Not sure how long you wish to stay in los after visit to Vietnam but you could obtain setv at thai consulate in Saigon. Easy process. You mention Thai gf as reason to only stay Vietnam couple of days. Take her with you. Pretty chilled place.

How long does the visa process take in Saigon?  In addition, would it be easier to enter from DMK?

Edited by pantsonfire

2 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

How long does the visa process take in Saigon?  In addition, would it be easier to enter from DMK?

You drop paper work at consulate am and pick it up pm next day.

Consulate is located close to district 1 (tourist area) great joint.

Cheap flights with AirAsia, lion etc which operate out of DM.

Bit more expensive flights such as jetstar fly swampy.

On 2/15/2019 at 4:46 AM, DrJack54 said:

You drop paper work at consulate am and pick it up pm next day.

Consulate is located close to district 1 (tourist area) great joint.

Cheap flights with AirAsia, lion etc which operate out of DM.

Bit more expensive flights such as jetstar fly swampy.

As a UK Citizen, am i able to apply for a SETV to bkk within Saigon?