NCPO takes legal action against rumormongers on extended service term for army recruits

rooster59

NCPO takes legal action against rumormongers on extended service term for army recruits

Tarin Angskul

045a92de4d9e1a326c8dcd1ad2b9e9bd_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has taken legal action against rumormongers on extended service term for army recruits

Col. Burin Thongpraphai, an NCPO legal staffer, dismissed rumors that Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and Army Chief Gen. Apirat Kongsompong had mapped out legislation to extend the compulsory service term for army recruits from two years to four years.

The colonel said members of the public might be confused and panicked by such groundless rumors which have been posted and shared online. He said such fake news might be disseminated to personally attack the premier and army chief during electoral campaigns.

However, those who have allegedly disseminated such misinformation have violated the Computer Act B.E. 2560, Article 14 (2) and might be subject to a maximum of five years in prison and a maximum of 100,000 baht in fine or both.

The people were advised to take caution before posting or sharing any content online and to follow news from government websites or reliable news agencies otherwise they might violate the Computer Act’s Article 14 (5) and be faced with the same legal penalties as for the suspected original perpetrator.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- nnt 2019-02-24

46 minutes ago, baboon said:

This was always the way affairs would pan out. I (and others) told you from the outset.

Thailand right now is better than it was 4 years ago when people were taking to the streets - that was going to end very badly.

If you want to look at things from your simplistic narrow view and think you are right and others are wrong then up to you, I don't see it that way at all

I was willing to give the guy a chance and said I would be the first to call him out if it started to head the wrong direction or he did anything wrong, I have kept to that and called him out many times, he started well and what he did was the correct thing to do at the time, unfortunately the power and position seems to have got too much for him, plus he was always at risk himself if he went too far as we have seen lately - There is always a top military man in wings  waiting to pounce.

In saying all that, this process is far from over and still has a long way to go, it hasn't failed yet, I will still criticize when I feel the need and will continue to do so, having someone like you saying "I told you so" every time I call something out is childish and  tells me how shallow you are.

of course you have all the answers - right ?  ???? 

I don't think so and of course - neither do I 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, baboon said:

I have certainly been proven correct thus far...

correct about what exactly - the process is far from over 

If you think that me criticizing the Thai government or calling them out on something makes you somehow right - it is in your simple little world only

it really is rather childish

I call a spade a spade - and I pretty much don't care for the Childish "I told you so" rhetoric or being ambushed every time I voice my opinion

Grow up and get lost 

12 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

We all did.

But our understanding of it was obviously very different to yours.

You thought they were saviours.

I always thought they (and Suthep, and the mad monk) were traitors.

You reap what you sow, as they say...........

yes Thailand has been hell these last 4 years right ?

seriously ?

not perfect by any means but certainly not as bad as it was

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

The rumoured increase is to train up more gardeners and house boys to tend the Generals' houses.

Effectively double the number of conscripts? The ones they have at the moment are barely trained, totally unpractised, poorly equipped and effectively unusable...

Besides, where are they going to get the aircraft for them all to parachute from?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) has taken legal action against rumormongers on extended service term for army recruits

And there was I thinking that the NCPO loved a bit of foul play. This certainly adds substance to the 'When the boot's on the other foot' maxim and you can be sure they'll be pulling out their big guns to scare the living daylights out of those awful, terrible and horrible rumourmongers.