Info on Bangkok Bank Confirming Incoming Monthly Foreign Transfers

55 minutes ago, Pib said:

But I'm guessing....will need to wait and see what feedback may come from folks using branches across the country. 

Plus feedback from said folks as to their immigration offices' reactions to being presented with reams of supporting documentation at annual extension of stay application time!

Personally speaking, I am still minded to follow in the footsteps of the OP of the thread linked below - although that is not to decry the considerable efforts you have made, which might, indeed, turn out to be beneficial at the end of the day:-

29 minutes ago, OJAS said:

Plus feedback from said folks as to their immigration offices' reactions to being presented with reams of supporting documentation at annual extension of stay application time!

Personally speaking, I am still minded to follow in the footsteps of the OP of the thread linked below - although that is not to decry the considerable efforts you have made, which might, indeed, turn out to be beneficial at the end of the day:-

The OP in that thread was lucky his bank statement/passbook showed "international transfer" coding/description for all his transfers. 

But for a person whose international transfers (some or all) do not reflect international coding the bank is not going to put on the letter that the transfers were international unless maybe when they pull the credit advices they see it originated from outside Thailand although the coding reflected on the passbook/ibanking is domestic.   I'm sure the credit advices are going to come into play to help "prove" some transfers originated from outside Thailand although passbook/ibanking coding does not.

22 hours ago, Pib said:

The OP in that thread was lucky his bank statement/passbook showed "international transfer" coding/description for all his transfers. 

But for a person whose international transfers (some or all) do not reflect international coding the bank is not going to put on the letter that the transfers were international unless maybe when they pull the credit advices they see it originated from outside Thailand although the coding reflected on the passbook/ibanking is domestic.   I'm sure the credit advices are going to come into play to help "prove" some transfers originated from outside Thailand although passbook/ibanking coding does not.

Yes, I can, indeed, see that this can all prove extremely useful in proving the provenance of transfers originating from abroad where these have not been coded accordingly in bank passbooks/statements, should this turn out to be necessary. Fortunately I am in the same position as @LawrenceN in both having already made monthly 65k+ transfers  for a complete year by the time I apply for my next retirement extension, and having these all classified "FOREIGN TT" as a result of my now having switched from TransferWise back to the Bangkok Bank London Branch method for effecting my monthly transfers. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I just returned from K-Bank (Chang Phueak Branch)  in Chiang Mai trying to get a Credit Advice letter from them as the intermediary bank on a international transfer (SMT) to my BKK Bank.  Apparently I am the first to ask for a bank to bank letter.  The Asst. Bank Mgr. called Bangkok asking for more information on what to do.  She took photo copies of Bkk bank book, passport, and TW pdf receipt. to send off to K-Bank in Bangkok.  She said it will take a couple of day to get back to me.  So stand by.

Follow up to previous post.  My monthly TW transfer came to K-Bank then to Bkk Bank coding SMT.  It took another day for main K-Bank to sorted it out.  This is what they gave me one letter to immigration requesting extension and second watermarked certificate stating the funds came from abroad.  K-Bank Pattaya supplied the form info to K-Bank Chiang Mai

Request&Certificate.pdf