Long-term foreigners - Staying or Leaving?

Long-term foreigners - Staying or Leaving?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Foreigners who have 1 year permission to stay now, what are your plans by your next visa or extension of stay renewal date?

• Definitely leave before next visa or extension of stay date
    • Definitely stay in Thailand at the next visa or extension of stay date
    • May stay at next visa or extension of stay date if 800K baht can be acquired
    • Undecided

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/2019 at 11:16 AM

3 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Permanently in Thailand since 2000.

I am doing my extension ( 15th last month) on base of L.o.I., take ca. 5 minutes, nothing changed.

I do my 90 days on line.

Never been asked a TM30, I live in Bangkok now after 15+ years Pattaya.

I am in Pattaya again now since end December till 28 February to do my extension, no TM30 was asked at Jomtien last month, only my rent contract.

I transfer 2000 Euro monthly, at a moment this was = 100000 ThB, now 70000 .

Being 70 my desiderata changed, and I accommodate with the amount received.

No intention to move out of Thailand.

And that's why he's called luckyluke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

I transfer 2000 Euro monthly, at a moment this was = 100000 ThB, now 70000 .

Sailing close to the wind there. Lucky you've still got the income letters. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Let me guess here. Republican?

No, we don't have a party that represents the interests of the citizens of the USA.  The D's and R's both support any policy or lack of enforcement that floods the labor market to the benefit of the transnational corporations who own them. 

The only difference is, the R's want to take away the social safety net from the Americans they drive into poverty this way ("crackdowns" on food-stamps, etc), while the D's pretend they can just print money forever to pay for the health care and social-services of anyone who can sneak across the open-border, plus the Americans these policies displace from formerly decent-paying jobs. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Sailing close to the wind there. Lucky you've still got the income letters

I am fortunate to have a net pension of 2200 Euro, so still some marge.

In Belgium how more you earn, how more deduction the government made, your pension is include in this deduction.

It is not extraordinary that some only receive 55 % from their monthly gross income.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Henryford said:

The question is not whether I have plans to leave but will Immigration grant me a visa. If they don't i will be FORCED to leave.

If our application next year is rejected IMO most likely we will be given 7 days to leave the country and might have problems getting a tourist visa or Visa exempt entry on arrival to come back in and clear out our apartments etc under those circumstances. Something to bear in mind in planning.

1 hour ago, MrPatrickThai said:

I think for most I've met, that should read, "many retired guys come to Thailand because of the young desperate women" and get hooked in by one with stepkids.

They blow all their savings on the woman and her family, who won't ever contemplate selling her gold or father's pickup truck to help their loved husband get a visa easily.

That pickup-truck probably is a "work truck," so selling it isn't an option, unless you think going back to buffalo+cart is viable. 

If hubby is providing stable income (a man's primary-function in a traditional family), she would sell the gold to keep that coming in.  If hubby is not providing a stable income, she would be a fool to sell it.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, overherebc said:

In your books yes, but it all depends on the individual and what their wants and needs are.

Some need a holiday overseas twice a year while some need the bowling club once a week.

Some want to be near family 

( grandchildren etc ) while some want to be as far away from family as they can get.

Some hate cold weather, some hate hot weather.

Some like to relax, read etc while others want to walk, go to exercise classes or something you can't do in Thailand have a little business sideline and maybe make a few quid a week from it.

You can't really make a statement that another persons 'retirement life style' is a bad choice just because it's not what you like.

Above is not to criticise you, it's just a comment. ☺

You, quite conveniently, missed out the "some pensioners NEED to go to food banks in the UK, just to survive". That is not a choice, it is a necessity.

Amuses me that Millennial Me Me come here thinking they can ever earn enough to retire . Those ive met are sad buggers, Teaching, or E Begin just for waiting for their Parents to die to get something.Then they end up back home on SS. Hisatory Repeats very much here.

• Like 1