Deep dish/Chicago style in pizza with some decent selection of beer in Bangkok?

neupaneaj

Have lived here for 10 years - every once in a while I am jonesing for “Old Chicago” type of joint but haven’t found any. Only thing closest to deep dish/pan pizza that can be had is at Pizza Company but ambiance (cafeteria feel on some pimpy mall) and beer selection simply leaves something else to be desired. Read abt Bangkok Betty - but seems it has been closed for a while. Walked to a place called Pizza Mania near Asok area - but turns out to be delivery joint only on a dark alley. (Hmmmmm.... thinking if they could throw in a stool in front with some import draught minus annoying live music I am so there !!!! ) What else otherwise??

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is a pizza joint on Suk Soi 8, first sub soi on the right, getting rave reviews. But finding true Chicago style will be a challenge. Pizza in Thailand is more about looking pretty rather than a buffet of meat and cheese in your mouth. I am a Roundtable fan, myself. Buckets of cheese please.

17 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

There is a pizza joint on Suk Soi 8, first sub soi on the right, getting rave reviews. But finding true Chicago style will be a challenge. Pizza in Thailand is more about looking pretty rather than a buffet of meat and cheese in your mouth. I am a Roundtable fan, myself. Buckets of cheese please.

Pizza Mania is very good though. Worth ordering from. 

• Like 1

Anyone else notice Pizza hut went from bad to worse?  The new sauce recipe taste like Thai ketchup with extra sugar...almost non edible.  Probably would do Company if I had to, but a medium is a lot more like the size of a pancake, than a pizza.  Between them and McDonald's giving one pickle and two droplets of mustard; DQ is one of the few survivors of stuff that hasn't been wrecked by embasals.