THAI Europe flights resume after cancellations

webfact

THAI Europe flights resume after cancellations

By The Nation

43010ffec2c8cf05b13dd41580ef7825.jpeg

Thai Airways International (THAI) has resumed flight between Bangkok and Europe, starting on Thursday, after cancellations due to Pakistan's emergency closure of its airspace.

Flights from Bangkok to Europe and from Europe to Bangkok normally fly over Pakistan’s airspace but since the closure, THAI had asked for authorisation to fly to the continent over China’s airspace, the airline said on Thursday.

THAI’s flights from Bangkok to Europe to be resumed are:

Day flights on Thursday, February 28, 2019:

-TG974 Bangkok-Moscow [delay from actual schedule]

-TG916 Bangkok-London

-TG922 Bangkok-Frankfurt

TG962 Bangkok-Stockholm

Night flights on Thursday, February 28, and early morning of Friday, March 1, 2019

-TG920 from Bangkok-Frankfurt

- TG910 from Bangkok-London

-TG924 from Bangkok-Munich

-TG930 from Bangkok-Paris

-TG934 from Bangkok-Brussels

- TG940 from Bangkok-Milan

- TG936 from Bangkok-Vienna

- TG960 from Bangkok-Stockholm

- TG970 from Bangkok-Zurich

-TG950 from Bangkok-Copenhagen

-TG954 from Bangkok-Oslo

THAI will reroute its flights from Bangkok-Karachi-Bangkok on TG507 and TG508 on Thursday by flying to and from Muscat and will not stop in Karachi.

Flights from Bangkok-Lahore-Bangkok on TG345 and TG346 on Thursday are also cancelled.

THAI said it was closely monitoring the situation and asked passengers to call THAI at +662 356 1111 24 hours or visit www.thaiairways.com for updates on the flight schedule.

THAI passengers who hold tickets on routes affected by flight cancellation may change their itinerary. Fees and charges will be exempted, and conditions apply.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/business/30364953

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-28
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SamuiGeezer said:

Hope the passengers are given better treatment than I got from the local ferry company when there were cancellations due to the Tropical Storm Pabuk in January ????, still waiting for a replacement ticket or refund.

I know of one family with 2 kids that was suppose to fly to Europe last night. They have been booked on a noon flight this Sunday, extending their stay in Thailand by 3 days, but ZERO compensation from Thai Airways.

No hotel, no taxi/limo from the airport, not even a 100 baht food voucher. Nil, nothing!

Bit low of Thai.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

No hotel, no taxi/limo from the airport, not even a 100 baht food voucher. Nil, nothing!

Bit low of Thai. 

Arrogant, not caring about bad publicity. Thousands who will swear: Thai Airways, never again.

That happens with a company that assumes that their deficits will be paid by state coffers forever.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

THAI had asked for authorisation to fly to the continent over China’s airspace, the airline said on Thursday.

Will be interesting to see the flight paths.

I remember a flight during one of the Gulf wars when they flew up north trough China into Siberia(!) and then west. 13 hours or more to Frankfurt.

Terrible.

1 hour ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

They have been booked on a noon flight this Sunday, extending their stay in Thailand by 3 days,

As this affected thousands of passengers I wonder how many would potentially have a problem with an overstay - and who's responsibility it would be............

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Not really.

It has nothing to do with Thai airways but affected ALL overflights across India and Pakistan.

If it was specific to Thai or that particular flight, then I would agree with you but it wasn't.

In the EU, even if the cancellation/delay isn't the airline's fault they still have to provide some basics to passengers booked on their flights, like vouchers for food and drink while they're at the airport. No chance of getting compensation though, because as you say it simply wasn't Thai or any other ariline's fault.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Guderian said:

In the EU, even if the cancellation/delay isn't the airline's fault they still have to provide some basics to passengers booked on their flights, like vouchers for food and drink while they're at the airport.

Even more true for an airline that is not a budget/low cost airline and people stranded at their home base(!).

Recently I got aware about the "service recovery paradox":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_recovery_paradox

25 minutes ago, manhood said:

Well you have to learn you can not expect any reimbursment from any products bought in Thailand or services from thai companies while something is wrong or went wrong. That is Thai customer service!

If other airlines could reroute their flights why couldn't Thai Airways do the same???

Too late, too lazy, too stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most tourist would have bought their Thai tickets in their home country. Hopefully home country rules will apply, even for Thai Airways.

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I know of one family with 2 kids that was suppose to fly to Europe last night. They have been booked on a noon flight this Sunday, extending their stay in Thailand by 3 days, but ZERO compensation from Thai Airways.

Bit low of Thai.

I fail to see why Thai should compensate for Pakistan and India wanting to start a nuclear war.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The thread reads like a number of TG lawyers participating to ward off claims :biggrin:

Some people can not distinct between legal claims and proper customer care of a wannabe reputable company.

It's very likely that the decision to cancel had been taken in the late afternoon.

But they did not find a way to communicate to customers and let them crowd at the terminal?

Correct. My friend got a 4 pm e-mail that his midnight flight to Europe was canceled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Correct. My friend got a 4 pm e-mail that his midnight flight to Europe was canceled.

That's interesting.

So maybe a reminder to check the flight status and email before heading off.

Too many people unaware/offline, not reachable through this channel?

Edited by KhunBENQ

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Indeed.

I tried to track TG 921 (BKK - FRA) scheduled for 13:45h.

But it seems that it hasn't departed yet (15:07h).

One site says that it will take almost another 5 hours until takeoff.

Must still be a mess at Suvarnabhumi.

TG920 on Tuesday was flown by a/c HS-TUD an A380. Its return yesterday as TG921 was cancelled leaving it a FRA. As yesterdays TG920 was cancelled it is now on todays TG921 at the scheduled departure FRA 13:45. 

9 minutes ago, tso310 said:

TG920 on Tuesday was flown by a/c HS-TUD an A380. Its return yesterday as TG921 was cancelled leaving it a FRA. As yesterdays TG920 was cancelled it is now on todays TG921 at the scheduled departure FRA 13:45. 

I deleted my mistake. Mixed up directions.

Now there is a first trace of TG going north.

TG916 BKK - LHR

bkklhr.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

Not wanting to start a debate but the news reports I read say that that flights to Pakistan and India were cancelled. Most other airlines rerouted their flights to avoid that airspace. Particularly those from Thailand. Presumably Thai Airways was one airline that chose to cancel altogether rather than reroute thus imposing serious additional costs on the passengers. Flight tracking portal, flightradar24.com, showed Singapore Airlines, Finnair, British Airways, Aeroflot, and Air India were forced to reroute flights.

So perhaps cancellations rather than rerouting was specific to Thai Airways after all. 

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/02/india-pakistan-crisis-disrupts-international-flights-190227150404910.html

Alex MacherasVerified account @AlexInAir
FollowFollow @AlexInAir
MorUpdate: Very busy skies here in the Gulf today — flights that would ordinarily overfly #Pakistan are re-routing, especially those originating from Thailand.

seems some International Airlines have contingency plans,
and others start deliberating for days after the contingency started 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

I also seem to remember passengers were taken care of reasonable well a few years back when the giant volcanic ash cloud from Iceland was grounding flight in northern Europe and America for nearly a week.

That cloud was certainly not the airlines fault.

I don't remember that passengers were taken care off in MOW.
but I do remember that after the onboard announcement was made that we would not take off, I made reservation for the last seat on BA next morning on the ( at that time "smart"- ) phone while others were scrambling for the exit of the plane, and just got ticket refund because the airline was cancelling the flight. Arrived one hour late to the meeting in London.
My colleagues relied on the local airline, did not get accommodation, transport or compensation, and indeed they arrived in London as well, but 24 hours later than I did. 

2 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Bit low of Thai.

they should ask either Indian or Paki governments for compensation

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1