Thai lady / girlfriend, is she? maybe?

Jack19290

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

you should know that her Facebook page for her THAI friends and family most likely will be different than the one she uses for working in a bar or club. it maybe a good sign if she showed you her "family and friends" Facebook page.  

By the way, do you know her real Thai name? You should try to get a photo of her Thai ID card.  

I know one Thai lady who has a different Facebook for each Farang boyfriend. She got busted because of her 11 year old son who had his own account with photos of the other boyfriends.  

do you know her phone number? does her phone have one SIM in it or two? 

if you know her phone number put it in your phones contacts then download the apps LINE, WeChat, Beetalk, SayHi and TikTok and give then access to your contacts and see if she comes up as a suggested friend. Manually search LINE with her phone number to find her account (if different). How far back does her LINE timeline go? If zero posts that may mean it is not  her family and friends line account.

You should really steal Metisdead's forum GIF from him. Why make life so complicated? It's so easy really, particularly at the OPs age: Find a girl, fark her then fark off. As my old man used to say, "Buy a bottle of wine, drink the contents then throw the bottle away".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

It's so easy really, particularly at the OPs age: Find a girl, fark her then fark off. As my old man used to say, "Buy a bottle of wine, drink the contents then throw the bottle away".

What did your mum feel about that attitude ?

55 minutes ago, ALFREDO said:

Most guys here believe - nobody has a ever a start or beginner time, they Bar girls from birth?  lol -

Most of them start in the village age 14, then move up to the Thai brothels at 16, they don't start foreigners until 20+.

Not bar girls from birth, but you gotta get in a lot earlier than most foreigners are up for.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You think a Thai prostitute loves you?

I didn't say she loves me ???? and I do not love her but I think she has a good heart and is sweet. My main post was why she still hasn't asked me for money and we are stil talking without money involved, not about love.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Most of them start in the village age 14, then move up to the Thai brothels at 16, they don't start foreigners until 20+.

Not bar girls from birth, but you gotta get in a lot earlier than most foreigners are up for.

Another urban myth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trust your own judgement and don't go by what others say.

That you met in a bar or club, doesn't mean she's not the one for you.

As others commented: there are many and genuine reasons for ladies to have to work in a bar.

It's obvious you like her, so give it a chance.

Good luck!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Waiiiit a cotton picking minute - Britmantoo claimed he could bone the Ops girl for 2000 baht ‘if he dared’ - the OP HAS dared and sent the details. Suddenly it’s gone quiet ! 

No, OP didn't fulfil his side of the bet, thinking OP is a troll that doesn't actually know anyone in Phuket.

Edited by BritManToo

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Waiiiit a cotton picking minute - Britmantoo claimed he could bone the Ops girl for 2000 baht ‘if he dared’ - the OP HAS dared and sent the details. Suddenly it’s gone quiet ! 

This is could be the most anticipated spectacular cliff hanger in the history of TV

So time to put money where mouth is - when is it ? ( I will even spend my hard earned to witness the event) as an independent.

The date is ........

I private messaged him ???? No reply, just all big talk, nothing more.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

The ball is in your court , an offer has been made .

Will you accept the offer ?

What are the bet conditions and how much ? 

But does she want an old fat farang man having a heart attack in the middle of the act?

I hope for her this never happens. But of course it can happen to anybody at any time. 

Reminds me of a story years ago supposedly from a bar girl in pattaya, the old man is just on the verge of ejaculation when he has a massive heart attack and gone.

Girl tells her friends she's real pissed and it's not fair because she missed out on a bonus. 

PM your conditions please, i will comply fully. It's just how can i send you her number and picture and then you publish it on the forum, then everyone messages this girl. It's a bit harsh and you seem like the type to do this when he loses ????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Benroon said:

This is could be the most anticipated spectacular cliff hanger in the history of TV

So time to put money where mouth is - when is it ? ( I will even spend my hard earned to witness the event) as an independent.

The date is ........

I'm sure BRITMAN will be back, he's just gone to buy condoms. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, rasg said:

Many bent and twisted people on here who have had their fingers burned who crawl out of the woodwork when somebody asks a genuine question. I met my wife not far from the Bangla Road. She was the restaurant manager in the hotel I was staying in. I had been in Thailand for a couple of hours and after checking in went downstairs to see if I could get some food but the restaurant was closing (it was just after 11 pm). This petite, dead cute woman told me that she was just finishing and I asked her for a recommendation of where to eat. She told me and I asked her if she would like to join me.

We've been together over four years and married after 18 months and she has lived here in the UK since March 2016.

If you decide to go for it there is a bumpy road ahead with visas, a huge difference in cultures etc but for me it's been part of our journey and so much fun. If you choose to live here you will have a lot of expense and quite a bit of time apart too. My wife is now the head chef in a local Thai restaurant and is currently earning as much as I am and she is a keeper.

You obviously like her and you will never know if you give her the elbow before you've even started. Manage her expectations on the financial front and make sure she knows you are not a walking ATM but you are happy to help out occasionally. She will want to send money home to her family. We had a few issues with it when my business went quiet until my wife started sending her own money home.

All has been taken on board, thank you.

13 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

did she ask you these questions? Are you on holiday or do you live here? what is your job? how much money do you make? how long have you been in Thailand? have you ever had a Thai girlfriend?  100% of the time I get asked those questions and this a Thai girl's way of sizing you up. the answer to each question will change her approach to you.

Pretty much all women in this world will eventually "Size you up" including respectable Thai woman. Those questions really say nothing about the type of women you have in front of you. If just a myth of the know-it all sexpat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

OP, I can't be sure if it's a troll post or not. Having said that, and giving you the benefit of the doubt, it sounds like you have your head screwed on right.

Ignore the naysayers, and continue being cautious. If you get to the stage of being loved by a Thai woman, rest assured you will be luckier than most.

I am certainly not a troll and thank you for the reply.

13 hours ago, Jack19290 said:

So it's that simple, just move on?

Dont give her a chance, automatically she is like the rest? Which could be possible. 

It could also be possible she isn't like the rest, I mean nobody knows until we wait a few more days/weeks and see right?

I think if it feels good and feels right for now, progress with her, no problem for now, it might work, it might not, neither you nor any of us respondents know that answer for sure. Lots of assumptions going on.

Just take care not to fall too much in love, to a disproportionate level, versus the real situation, of you in UK, with her in Thailand and with her 'working'.

Also, ensure that you help her financially, at least a little bit, for the near future at least, as time goes by, you will see if her lifestyle starts to change. You mentioned that you barfine'd her for five days and only paid for food. She will have lost money in drink-fees and tips, so no harm in giving a small amount each day or after a few days, does not mean much to you and will mean a lot to her.

One point to note, getting a passport is the easy step. Getting her a visa for UK Entry will be a significant challenge, as it is likely to be rejected the first time. 125 USD (plus a trip to BKK I think) each application and you may need to make more than one application. 

I would suggest that you remain open, have fun, understand that it is a difficult geographic situation, see how it goes.

There is some very sensible advice on this thread, but to some degree, you have to take it forward to see how it goes.

As soon as i saw the words "works in a bar" . I thought to myself OMG ! not another. After hundreds of stories i have read, videos, websites and personal encounters with other foreigners . I can,t believe another hate to say it sucker is dealing with a Thai woman involved with bars and or massage shops. Have you reserved a room in Pattaya with a high enough balcony yet ? There is a long waiting list. DO NOT be a cheap ass and use the airport for a free jump. The airport police are getting tired of having to clean up the mess weekly.

• Sad 1