Retirement extension refused, Samui

i wonder how long it will be before they stop border runs. They seem to be upping the ante by insisting that we furnish proof of regular income, which is not necessary if you go and get your stamp every quarter. Medical insurance will probably be next on the list!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I also believe those still able to obtain Embassy letters, could well be asked to show Thai bank statements to support they are transferring the required incomes to Thailand.

That may well be the case. In my situation For my embassy letter, I proved the 65k income based on my gross income into my UK bank account. My extension is due May 2019. I have the embassy letter, if they ask for Thai bank statements to prove the income I am stuffed. Lets hope not, in previous years I have found Jomtien office to be very efficient in dealing with retirement extensions.

Edited by jimn

7 minutes ago, jimn said:

That may well be the case. In my situation For my embassy letter, I proved the 65k income based on my gross income into my UK bank account. My extension is due May 2019. I have the embassy letter, if they ask for Thai bank statements to prove the income I am stuffed. Lets hope not, in previous years I have found Jomtien office to be very efficient in dealing with retirement extensions.

Apply as early as possible and hope they honour the validity of your Embassy letter and don't request anything further.

I read a mixed bag of reports from Jomtien IO and never sure if they adopt their own requirements, or the applicant was at fault.

Please advise the forum how you get on.

My "retirement" visa expires late November. As I was unaware of the new rules I only started bringing in 65k in January so will only have 11 months at 65k. Its possible that I'll be refused but the problem with this is the very short time available to "clean up" and sell car. They should allocate somebody at Immigration to assess expats situation months in advance so that we have ample time to arrange to leave in an orderly fashion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Apply as early as possible and hope they honour the validity of your Embassy letter and don't request anything further.

I read a mixed bag of reports from Jomtien IO and never sure if they adopt their own requirements, or the applicant was at fault.

Please advise the forum how you get on.

Thanks yes I will do. My due date is May 24th, I normaly apply around April 23rd after Songkran is done and dusted in Pattaya. My embassy letter is dated December 7th, well within the 6 months. I will take my UK P60 (earnings/tax) form that I provided to get the letter with me. I know there are mixed reports about Jomtien, however from experience I have found the retirement and 90 day report desks excellent. The marriage desk is where I feel it gets its mixed reputation. I do qualify easily for a marriage extension, but I would rather not go down that route. Cheers.

1 minute ago, jimn said:

I do qualify easily for a marriage extension, but I would rather not go down that route. Cheers.

At least you have two alternative options;

1. An extension based on marriage.

2. A Non Imm O ME Visa from Savannakhet.

Either would allow you to provide a full 12 month history of 65K overseas transfers to your Thai bank, then reapply for the extension based on retirement if that's your preferred choice.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

My "retirement" visa expires late November. As I was unaware of the new rules I only started bringing in 65k in January so will only have 11 months at 65k. Its possible that I'll be refused but the problem with this is the very short time available to "clean up" and sell car. They should allocate somebody at Immigration to assess expats situation months in advance so that we have ample time to arrange to leave in an orderly fashion. 

I would talk to them well in advance of the expiry date. once the dust settles and they have realised how we've all been dumped in the shit, they may be more accommodating.

5 hours ago, delgarcon said:

The old visa expired Tanoshi, I was in and out of hospital in Monaco for 10 months and had to get another visa, the one that expires on the 5th May and which has never been extended.

Might we be correct in inferring from this statement that you are, in fact, Monegasque? If so, it might well be that their consulate in Bangkok still issues income confirmations (it's only the American, Australian and British embassies that have withdrawn their services).

See link below for their contact details (unfortunately I can't trace if they have their own website):-

https://www.embassypages.com/missions/embassy261/

6 hours ago, delgarcon said:

th Ma

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You have an extension of stay based on retirement already, not a Non Imm O ME Visa.

A permit, not a Visa.

You cannot extend a Visa, you have been extending your permission to stay.

I'd now guess you have an extension giving you permission to stay until 5th May.

Extension should read; Permitted to stay until _______.

Guessing 12th March is when your next 90 day report is due.

Can you confirm?

Yes this I think is correct, but your permission to stay , based on retirement , ends 12 months after it was granted .

Perhaps the confusion here is regarding the 90 day periodic reporting date during this 12 month period.

I am certainly confused by this as the reporting date does not always synchronize with the 12 month permission to stay.

In my case my permission to stay based on retirement  ends 24th March, but my next reporting date is not until May.

However, I must renew my permission to stay based on retirement  by the 24th March, or leave the country.

If I choose the latter, then my IMG 0 visa is cancelled and when I return it will be on a  30day 'VISA On Arrival'  that can be extended 30 days for 1900 baht

Can someone confirm that I have got this right or where I have got this wrong

Thank You

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You have an extension of stay based on retirement already, not a Non Imm O ME Visa.

A permit, not a Visa.

You cannot extend a Visa, you have been extending your permission to stay.

This thread is an excellent example of why using the correct terms is more important than trivial semantics when asking for advice and options.

6 hours ago, delgarcon said:

suggest you both read my initial post

Your initial post and those subsequent to it suggest you need to take the time to understand what it is that you actually have before asking for advice.

I hope someone can fathom what your present situation is and what you need to do about it.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

They should allocate somebody at Immigration to assess expats situation months in advance so that we have ample time to arrange to leave in an orderly fashion. 

Even if you are simply given 7 days, a trip to a nearby Thai Embassy and a SETV should be easily obtained. Then 3 months (60+an Ext) should suffice.

..if you have 800,000 K or equivalent pension.. or combination..in your home country and have to leave Thailand you could get a non imm OA visa  .. multi entry.. do a border run near the end of the first year and get a further year..  I know there has been talk about having to have health insurance to get this visa but I don't think it is law yet..  Just a thought... 

8 hours ago, delgarcon said:

I tried to extend my non imm o visa on the 28th Feb using last year's requirements, but I was told that I had to show 12 months of pension payments into a Thai bank, which I thought was a requirement for extension applications from the 1st March.

And the games begin...  We'll be seeing posts like this on a daily basis pretty soon. 

16 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

This thread is an excellent example of why using the correct terms is more important than trivial semantics when asking for advice and options.

Your initial post and those subsequent to it suggest you need to take the time to understand what it is that you actually have before asking for advice.

I hope someone can fathom what your present situation is and what you need to do about it.

Your post suggests you need to take the time to read my "subsequent posts".

Ok, I realise how I created the confusion, I have a non imm O multiple entry visa, not an METV. Sorry about that, can we start again please

• Thanks 1

delcargon: There are many confusing things in your posts. I would like you to just settle down and answer a few simple questions which I believe will help everyone to help you.

1: What nationality is your current passport?

2: With your previous extensions did you use the money (800,000) in the bank system

3: With your previous extension did you use the monthly income system

4: With your previous extension did you use the combination of income plus money in the bank system

5: With your new application which system did you use.