re-entry question.

I currently have a single re-entry permit in my passport. Due to a possible change of plans, i may now need to land Sunday in BKK before flying out to internationally from Phuket on Monday morning.

I assume I cannot hold two single re-entry permits.

I also assume I cannot get a new single re-entry when i land at BKK without clearing customs.

Finally, is it possible to obtain a single re-entry permit in the morning at Phuket prior to leaving?

Thanks in advance.

27 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

Correct.

I also assume I cannot get a new single re-entry when i land at BKK without clearing customs.

Correct.

Finally, is it possible to obtain a single re-entry permit in the morning at Phuket prior to leaving?

Yes, they’re available at the airport.

At the airport (Phuket), pass the entrance to international departures and look out for the immigration office/booth before passing the checkpoint.

I would advise to have the TM8 form ready filled and a proper passport photo with you.

(don't know whether they offer any service like at Suvarnabhumi)

Maybe someone has details for Phuket airport...

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, swbaggies said:

If you do not pass through immigration, no new re-entry permit is needed. If you do  pass through immigration, it is always possible to get a re-entry permit as you pass back through immigration before embarking on an international flight.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

At the airport (Phuket), pass the entrance to international departures and look out for the immigration office/booth before passing the checkpoint.

I would advise to have the TM8 form ready filled and a proper passport photo with you.

(don't know whether they offer any service like at Suvarnabhumi)

Maybe someone has details for Phuket airport...

Im familiar with the set up at Phuket, im concerned that as a smaller airport it is not always manned and I would worry that it would void my visa if i cannot do in advance of this point.

I have also read that you need to do on the day of your exit if doing at the airport. Is this correct and does it need to be at the airport you are leaving from?

For example, If I land at BKK can I do it there and then go onto Phuket to fly out internationally, in a way giving me two chances to get the re-entry?

Thanks in advance.

21 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

I have also read that you need to do on the day of your exit if doing at the airport. Is this correct and does it need to be at the airport you are leaving from?

Yes and yes of course.

Let me try again:

On the day of departure you go to the airport with your ticket.

Check in at the airline counter.

Enter the international departure area (for which you have to show your ticket/boarding card).

Now look for the immigration office/booth and apply for re-entry permit.

Then go through checkpoint/passport control.

Board flight.

You CAN NOT get a re-entry permit at the airport before you have checked in for your flight.

For example, If I land at BKK can I do it there and then go onto Phuket to fly out internationally, in a way giving me two chances to get the re-entry?

No.

4 hours ago, swbaggies said:

Im familiar with the set up at Phuket, im concerned that as a smaller airport it is not always manned and I would worry that it would void my visa if i cannot do in advance of this point.

Thanks in advance.

At smaller international airports, the re-entry permits are arranged in the same office that handles overstays. It is always manned when immigration is open. You cannot leave the country without passing it. The only concern  I would have is to make sure I leave plenty of time. At larger airports, it is a 10-15 minute process to get a re-entry permit. I could imagine it taking double the time at an airport where they are not as practised in getting it done.