Immigration Detention Centre

Golden Triangle

On 3/7/2019 at 4:17 PM, scottiejohn said:

Then why are they squandering their universal credit on exotic overseas trips for either themselves ot their extended family? 

That money is meant to cover living expenses while they look for work, if capable.  As he was attending a "rave" and able to travel this far then he was capable of work!  And as he was in Thailand long enough to overstay he was clearly not working and was on credit himself, not just his relations

Bloody scrounger!

Perhaps the traveller had saved for his trip or may even been employed and earned an income. Some compassion would be nice to read 

13 hours ago, Briggsy said:

The cost is considerably higher. Deportees are very limited on the airline and ticket type. They also have to pay the fine and for transport to the airport. In addition, the process is confusing, time-consuming and bureaucratic and is very hard to achieve without someone on the outside ferrying documents back and forth to organise your deportation. This takes up a lot of time.

It is much more difficult and expensive than getting online and buying the next single air ticket to the UK.

I would have expected if Thailand deports you, the Kingdom pays the flight cost as they do from Australia

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:17 PM, scottiejohn said:

Then why are they squandering their universal credit on exotic overseas trips for either themselves ot their extended family? 

That money is meant to cover living expenses while they look for work, if capable.  As he was attending a "rave" and able to travel this far then he was capable of work!  And as he was in Thailand long enough to overstay he was clearly not working and was on credit himself, not just his relations

Bloody scrounger!

Now I understand why some Thai women ask me if I have job when I talk to them.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:36 PM, Golden Triangle said:

With all due respect guys, no one has actually answered my questions which is a little disappointing, while I value your input I would dearly like someone to answer my questions in the OP, thanks  ????

DarksideDog

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

I would have expected if Thailand deports you, the Kingdom pays the flight cost as they do from Australia

This is Thailand. ????  If you haven't got the £1000 or so to get yourself back to the UK in this case or the 40,000 Baht to get yourself back to Nigeria, you stay there indefinitely and many do. Criminals here must pay for everything themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brokenbone said:

i reiterate, why am i not allowed to select destination myself ?

Do you mean allowed to choose your destination if you get deported? The answer is no most of the time. Immigration (in any country not just Thailand) decide where they deport you to. Your home country or the country where you boarded before landing in Thailand.

Edited by JackGats
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, brokenbone said:

It is not a game. Deportees are held pending their deportation. You are being held as a criminal. You do not have the right of choice.

Third party countries do not want foreign deportees as a rule. Airlines prefer not to and may refuse to carry deportees. So, it is generally the rule that deportees fly directly to their home country.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Briggsy said:

It is not a game. Deportees are held pending their deportation. You are being held as a criminal. You do not have the right of choice.

Third party countries do not want foreign deportees as a rule. Airlines prefer not to and may refuse to carry deportees. So, it is generally the rule that deportees fly directly to their home country.

if i was fit enough to fly that far, and could manage to settle down, find a condo etc, i'd be outa here already,

but as it stands, the only mode of transportation i can stand is by car by lowering back support so i can lay down

during transportation, and have a room waiting for me,

with the driver carrying luggage.

the whole enterprise would involve

rest in cambodia for a month before i could carry on to vietnam

Edited by brokenbone

2 hours ago, brokenbone said:

if i was fit enough to fly that far, and could manage to settle down, find a condo etc, i'd be outa here already,

but as it stands, the only mode of transportation i can stand is by car by lowering back support so i can lay down

during transportation, and have a room waiting for me,

with the driver carrying luggage.

the whole enterprise would involve

rest in cambodia for a month before i could carry on to vietnam

Good luck trying to convince an officer at the IDC of your needs. I am sure they would be very sympathetic. ????

But there are some bits of good news. First, from IDC, you wouldn't have any heavy luggage to carry. ????‍♂️

Second, the sleeping arrangements at IDC, a hard concrete floor, may yield benefits for your back. Third, if you couldn't reach an agreement with the officers at IDC, that would be fine, you would just be held indefinitely. The officers wouldn't mind, they have seen it all before.

Once you are in IDC, you are a criminal and criminals in detention have no rights here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Good luck trying to convince an officer at the IDC of your needs. I am sure they would be very sympathetic. ????

But there are some bits of good news. First, from IDC, you wouldn't have any heavy luggage to carry. ????‍♂️

Second, the sleeping arrangements at IDC, a hard concrete floor, may yield benefits for your back. Third, if you couldn't reach an agreement with the officers at IDC, that would be fine, you would just be held indefinitely. The officers wouldn't mind, they have seen it all before.

Once you are in IDC, you are a criminal and criminals in detention have no rights here.

yes, it worries me to no end, once on a concrete floor

for a night,

i wont be able to get back on my feet again

On 3/9/2019 at 9:17 AM, brokenbone said:

You are being deported to going to a travel agent.

Most countries send you to the country where you are a citizen/national or to the country where you boarded the flight 

On 3/7/2019 at 12:20 PM, Boomhauer said:

A friend of mine was banged up in IDC for 3 months in 2017. He was caught by immigration police overstaying his visa on Koh Phangan during a jungle rave. He was asked to produce his passport on the spot and when he couldn't produce it he was taken back to his hotel to pick his passport up. Upon officers discovering he was on overstay he was slung into the back of a pickup and sent to a holding cell overnight whilst transport was being arranged for him to be whisked up to Bangkok. The day after he was transferred to IDC Bangkok where he was locked in a cell 24/7 for the next three months, until his family could send him the money for a plane ticket back home. He was allowed to take whatever possessions he had with him in his room at that time.

He shared a cell with around 30 other overstayer's, some of whom had been in that cell for years. It's not a nice experience by all accounts, and you will remain there indefinitely until you can afford your plane ticket back home.

Yep....."Retirees In Paradise" .  megabollocks.

43 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

You are being deported to going to a travel agent.

Most countries send you to the country where you are a citizen/national or to the country where you boarded the flight 

its literally decades since i flied anywhere,

last place before thailand was cambodia by road

On 3/8/2019 at 5:20 PM, possum1931 said:

Some old age pensioners are so poor that they have to choose between heating and eating, and hundreds die every year

through cold related illnesses. They even have to pay for a TV licence until they are 75 years old and

also council tax. That's the UK for you.

The free TV licence is now "under review". 

Can you turn yourself in at the airport with ticket to countries other than your 'home' passport, pay the overstay fine and be let out to wherever of your choosing? or will they still insist that you buy a 'special' class of ticket to your home country and only through them? 

On 3/10/2019 at 12:39 PM, HLover said:

Rumors say they give a monthly stipend and free housing/medical care to new immigrants, is that false?

I don't know about the UK, but in Norway and Sweden this is true. It's difficult for some elderly people, who maybe worked and paid taxes all their life to find a place to live, because the immigrants are first in the queue , believe it or not.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, balo said:

I don't know about the UK, but in Norway and Sweden this is true. It's difficult for some elderly people, who maybe worked and paid taxes all their life to find a place to live, because the immigrants are first in the queue , believe it or not.  

A very sad state of affairs my friend. ????

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 11:53 AM, digbeth said:

Can you turn yourself in at the airport with ticket to countries other than your 'home' passport, pay the overstay fine and be let out to wherever of your choosing? or will they still insist that you buy a 'special' class of ticket to your home country and only through them? 

Yes, I had an 11-year overstay and "surrendered" at Suvarnabhumi where I paid the fine (max of 20k). This was in 2014 where the rumours of the blacklisting rules were running rife but had not yet been implemented. I flew to Malaysia (not my home country) and in those days I was able to fly back to Thailand 4 days later and enter visa exempt although was intently questioned on arrival. So long as you surrender you can fly anywhere you wish although these days if the overstay is greater than 90 days, will involve a varying length of banning before being allowed re-entry and additionally if apprehended rather than surrendering that banning period is significantly longer and more complex to resolve involving detention in the IDC.

• 3 weeks later...