Baby of Islamic State teenager in UK furore dies - group

rooster59

41 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I think it's a sign of the advanced age of the poster that he or she thinks it's still possible to get away with this kind of statement. Before the Internet and Google, certainly. But now?

I saw the same interview on sky or bbc where the interviewed man who i understood to be her father said she didnt arrive in the UK until she was 3.

This was shortly after the story broke of her being found in the camp. The news quickly changed when it looked like she wasnt welcome back in the UK.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Basil B said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47506145

Ms Abbott shooting Labour in the foot again...

Did not this start with a stupid girl steeling her sisters passport and running away from home to join the ISIS?

Before her nationality was revoked did she not do a number of media interviews basically glorying the ISIS? including stating how she went to a bin to hold up a decapitated head (and probably spat on it), I am sure the person to whom the head belonged is not sorry for her.

Were not her parents going to the press stating the the UK Government should go out there and rescue her? putting consulate employees at risk and giving her a free ride home.  

Does Ms Abbott really think attacking the government on this issue is really going to get Labour more support???

Diane Abbott is dreadful. She's been kept well away from the Brexit shenanigans. Here she is destroying Labour even further if that's possible.

• Like 2

This is just one of those awful topics. 
I listened to her interview, and I guess previous babies had died too. There are/were totally innocent in all of this horror.
But in her interview it was all so without emotion. 
Talking about her dead babies, seeing severed heads in bins, and it seems no remorse for what these savages did. 
I would struggle to have any sympathy for this woman
I don't even believe she's had 3 babies.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, roo860 said:

I don't even believe she's had 3 babies.

Am I alone in noting the timing of this unfortunate affair (if it happened as presented) coinciding with intl womens day and that the foreign sec has also gone into bat for the Radcliffe woman in Iran?

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

Seems her farther spends most of his time in Bangladesh with his second wife so I see no problem in her living there. 

Shamima Begum's father has apologised to the British public for his daughter's decision to join the Islamic State group (IS).

Ahmed Ali said Ms Begum, who travelled from London to Syria aged 15, had "done wrong without realising it".

Mr Ali spoke to the BBC in a village in north-eastern Bangladesh before he found out Ms Begum's baby son had died.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47508468

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

No. It would have been trained and groomed to murder like its parents.

That is very possibly what the future may have held. During it's short life it was an innocent.

There has been a great deal of discussion in the UK press and its' comment forums on what to do about these young women and their children. One suggestion I have seen, which seems to me to be rather sensible, is that they should be returned, as "Wards of Court" and raised, either by foster parents or been their extended families, under the strict supervision that implies.

As for the mothers, I really don't know. What however I am quite sure of is that the main difference between our society, civilisation, and that espoused  by ISIS, is that ours is capable of showing mercy. I don't mean by that they should not be held accountable for what they may have done.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Sorry Jag..but I must disagree with you.
Yes the babies are innocents..let them be adopted in a muslim country by muslims..far away from the UK.
But no mercy whatsoever to be shown to male/female isis personnel.
Round every last one up and give them to Assad..they committed their horrible acts on Syrian soil.
If I was the UK Prime Minister..I'd be wanting to pass a Patriot Act thro parliament.

That is very possibly what the future may have held. During it's short life it was an innocent.

There has been a great deal of discussion in the UK press and its' comment forums on what to do about these young women and their children. One suggestion I have seen, which seems to me to be rather sensible, is that they should be returned, as "Wards of Court" and raised, either by foster parents or been their extended families, under the strict supervision that implies.

As for the mothers, I really don't know. What however I am quite sure of is that the main difference between our society, civilisation, and that espoused  by ISIS, is that ours is capable of showing mercy. I don't mean by that they should not be held accountable for what they may have done.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Personally speaking..I hope that all the isis/she isis receive their just deserts..why not hand the lot if them over to Assad's forces and be done with it??

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

UK does not 'hand over' anyone to a country having the death penalty for the accused. In anycase Assad is a mass murderer, torturer and in the past has aided islamists/terrorists himself. Assad should face justice, plus his UK born wife, though sadly highly unlikely to occur.

Edited by simple1

2 hours ago, JAG said:

- Sky's press preview made interesting viewing this morning.

- Here's a similar case for comparison involving a non-terrorist who was miles from home (note: No rescue from HMG & silence from the likes of Abbot!)

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2