2 flags on top of each other

glegolo

I have to ask you guys if you happens to know a thing about flags here in Thailand. Is it allowed if you have a flagpole in your garden in Thailand to have i.e. the thai flag on top and the swedish one there under or vice verse???

Happy to receive you input guys...

thanks

glegolo

"2 flags on top of each other" The article title kind of had me going, caught my interest. I guess I have read too many of those "oh so popular" sex topics on TVF. Glad you got your answer though.

All might not be lost.

Section 47.

The provision of section 46 shall not be used for the usage, hoisting or presentation of foreign flag inside a room of a building.

Take a picture of the Swedish Flag???????? unfurled on a pole in your lounge with yourself beaming beside it.

Super-Maxi enlarge it, then stick it on a billboard fixed atop of your fence/wall ????  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Proof if ever it was needed that curtain twitchers do walk among us.

Absolutely, we are a vital part of the global society.

Knowing how rabidly patriotic our friends from across the pond are about their flag I wanted to avoid an international incident should a citizen of that country see the sacrilege.

1 hour ago, Paul Catton said:

All might not be lost.

Section 47.

The provision of section 46 shall not be used for the usage, hoisting or presentation of foreign flag inside a room of a building.

Take a picture of the Swedish Flag???????? unfurled on a pole in your lounge with yourself beaming beside it.

Super-Maxi enlarge it, then stick it on a billboard fixed atop of your fence/wall ????  

Hahaha that is a good one,,,

glegolo

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Absolutely, we are a vital part of the global society.

Knowing how rabidly patriotic our friends from across the pond are about their flag I wanted to avoid an international incident should a citizen of that country see the sacrilege.

Or maybe they were giving the international distress signal and people only cared that the flag was upside down. jk

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

I will say that I've seen flags of various nations flown outside foreign owned factories (including a US flag flown inverted**) and nobody appears to be in jail.

Just out of interest how many people know the right way up for the British "Union Jack" flag ?

Also I believe until recently it was against the law to fly a Union Jack at a private residence, something to do with upsetting minority groups :whistling: 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Just out of interest how many people know the right way up for the British "Union Jack" flag ?

IIRC a recent survey was something like only 60% of our British bretheren even knew it had a right way up.

When we lived in Belgium I was forever complaining at the village hall that the UK flag was upside-down when all the other EU flags were OK. After a while the doorman, on seeing me approaching was already halfway to the pole to fix it. 

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but I've started now.......... 

See a surprising number of instances of the flag being flown wrong way up even at official and ceremonial occasions, where they should know better.

For those interested in preserving some British patriotism in a foreign land the correct way:-

1762627741_UnionJack!.jpg.08a239bfd410fd2bb1b37e985d35f79a.jpg

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crossy said:

IIRC a recent survey was something like only 60% of our British bretheren even knew it had a right way up.

When we lived in Belgium I was forever complaining at the village hall that the UK flag was upside-down when all the other EU flags were OK. After a while the doorman, on seeing me approaching was already halfway to the pole to fix it. 

Well maybe the doorman won't have worry soon. ????

In several Thai european restaurants in the villages they have strings of flags from most all world countries, there has to be a Thai one as well of course but it has to be bigger than all the rest as to what the owner said. 

5 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Slightly off topic, but I've started now.......... 

See a surprising number of instances of the flag being flown wrong way up even at official and ceremonial occasions, where they should know better.

For those interested in preserving some British patriotism in a foreign land the correct way:-

1762627741_UnionJack!.jpg.08a239bfd410fd2bb1b37e985d35f79a.jpg

:thumbsup:

I fly the English flag not that one. ????

Used to have a sticker on my car with the flag from home country, Thai drivers occasionally tried running into me, pulling in front me ☹️   ahhh farang, money !

Took the sticker off never had a problem since.

40 minutes ago, HLover said:

A few years ago, I used to fly it but it my new neighbors found it offensive and I was ordered to take it down.

My neighbours don't mine they think I use to work for the red cross. ????

• Like 1