*****why**** the USA cannot verify pensions

A defined pension is deferred wages. In the 70s and 80s, people should have been smart enough to demand that they were given defined pension plans as a part of their employment. People also should have required congress to bolster and secure the Social Security system.

Instead many many people drank the Reaganomics kool-aid and bought into the free market ideologies and now lots are people are finding themselves screwed. Markets looked good as the US went off the gold standard and Wall St went nuts with globalization and neo-liberalism. But that is coming to a close.

Now people post on Thaivisa that those people who lost out in the big con are people who made bad decisions in life. Go figure.

Edited by jmd8800
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

At the same time- Thai Immigration can ask for 'proof'-  If they feel the applicant is lying- they can  not issue the  extension and refer the case back to the Embassy for prosecution.  Both the US and Australian Embassy have  Federal police presence in Thailand.

Do we have any stats on how often that has happened - the prosecutions I mean?

Edited by ThaiBunny

1 minute ago, Thaidream said:

You have no evidence that anyone lied nor do I- but most likely someone did-  in every situation involving any entity someone will lie- but it is only a minority-   the way you stop these things is to have the applicants present  their evidence of statement- backed up by a bank statement showing the same amount  claimed going into a bank and then the evidence of it being spent.

At the same time- Thai Immigration can ask for 'proof'-  If they feel the applicant is lying- they can  not issue the  extension and refer the case back to the Embassy for prosecution.  Both the US and Australian Embassy have  Federal police presence in Thailand.

actually i do have evidence, i have an admission in writing that a US citizen had applied using an affidavit Assisted by a Chiang mai agent to the value of $2400 when he was only making $1880

This has been done with their Assistance for 3 years

7 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Maybe I am a little naive, but I am banking on getting my 800000 baht for extension from multiple sources in the US and transferring into Thai bank prior to the seasoning requirement for long term visa extension...I really do not spend a great deal of time thinking or worrying about the details...

Why not just get an O-A visa for 2 years at home since you have the equivalent of 800k baht in the USA?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Why not just get an O-A visa for 2 years at home since you have the equivalent of 800k baht in the USA?

Did just that in 2017...must renew Sept of this year...xfer around 95,000 baht per month using transferwise which creates an audit trail...should have money by Jun of this year...thank you for input...

11 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

It should have been turned over to the FBI office in Bangkok  for investigation and the extension denied or revoked.

I never knew of anyone that lied and I certainly never did but  I still have to believe on a percentage basis that the numbers are low- The Embassy could  have eliminated many  by simply asking for documentation and then Thai Imm - if suspecting an issue also ask for the proof.

Federal law stated they cannot ask for evidence, the applicant or an agent Assists with the affidavit preparation, the applicant pays and they stamp

Thats it, i believe that the majority lied as it was so easy. The minority who did not suffered for it

1 hour ago, Longcut said:

Military pensions are just that. Pensions!  They are not entitlements. SSA is actually not an entitlement either. It is something that has been paid into most of the persons life. Politicians like to call it an entitlement so that they can manipulate and borrow from it. Illegally of course.

Only paid into if one has taxable income. It is funded through FICA taxes (6.2% is paid by worker and 6.2%  paid by  employer). The reality is that the majority of recipients have not paid in  an amount that  covers the amount that they will receive. Retirees can collect at age 62 as long as they have worked a mere 10 years.  Entitlement is indeed more accurate.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, notamember said:

the applicants lied and they signed off on the lie

Having been caught out they stopped it rather than defend it

if those who did not lie need to blame someone for the loss of the service then blame your own countrymen not the service provider

Who lied - can you provide a single example? Whether by sworn affidavit, or as with the UK, falsification of documents provided?

Rather than drinking immigration's kool aid, you might want to consider that the citizens of the four nations whose embassies buckled are collateral damage, in a much higher level retributive spat.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Who lied - can you provide a single example? Whether by sworn affidavit, or as with the UK, falsification of documents provided?

Rather than drinking immigration's kool aid, you might want to consider that the citizens of the four nations whose embassies buckled are collateral damage, in a much higher level retributive spat.

yes i can

i have it in writing from a US citizen that admits he lied on 3 years affidavits with the Assistance of a Chiang Mai agent

Edited by notamember

9 minutes ago, notamember said:

yes i can

i have it in writing from a US citizen that admits he lied on 3 years affidavits with the Assistance of a Chiang Mai agent

Can that be verified or certified or declared, and is that citizen of sane mind? And I guess he was friend of yours!

Edited by Olmate

28 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Only paid into if one has taxable income. It is funded through FICA taxes (6.2% is paid by worker and 6.2%  paid by  employer). The reality is that the majority of recipients have not paid in  an amount that  covers the amount that they will receive. Retirees can collect at age 62 as long as they have worked a mere 10 years.  Entitlement is indeed more accurate.

Why do non Americans become confused by this? 

For an average-wage-earning, two-income couple turning 65 in 2010, the pay-in, pay-out ratio for Social Security by itself will actually be slightly negative —- the couple will have paid $600,000 in lifetime Social Security taxes and will receive only $579,000 in lifetime Social Security benefits.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/feb/01/medicare-and-social-security-what-you-paid-what-yo/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, notamember said:

yes i can

So you're saying sworn affidavits made to a country's embassy are less credible than the testimony of an anonymous TV poster called notamember? 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

So you're saying sworn affidavits made to a country's embassy are less credible than the testimony of an anonymous TV poster called notamember? 

you are saying that not me

you asked if i knew of one single case of a person lying

i do, 

6 minutes ago, notamember said:

for your satisfaction?

why?

no he was not a friend

Probably to prove your point, guess that’s not obvious tho. You crank about being false but can’t show otherwise  in your ridiculous reply

Edited by Olmate