Malwarebytes, Advanced Systemcare and other issues

marcusarelus

26 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Use any website you like.  Why are you flaming and insulting me?  You said all of your drivers are up to date.  I said they were not.  Easy to prove.  Since it is you who is resisting new technology "auto driver updates" why would it be me who was stuck in your ways.  I gave you some information on why a program disappeared without any obvious reason and you started attacking and insulting me. 

New technology?? 555555555555

Sorry my friend, but this is not new technology. I've been working with this since the days of XP.

It simply searches for Drivers using the Hardware ID, but that doesn't mean the Driver will work.

Example; https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/70696-latest-realtek-lan-driver.html

In addition, the latest Driver shown as available by iobit's Driver Booster(running in my Sandbox) is currently 10.31.828.2018

Whereas it is 10.32.1206.2018 according to Realtek/Microsoft and my Hardware ID; PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_02

Manual, again, is best.

37 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

My wife was very happy with the speed of operation of the laptop that I bought her.  There is no problem.  Why are you trying to make up things.  It was all about boot times.  She told me, "my laptop takes 2 hours to boot.  Why?"

I've been using SSD drives for years.  Why would you think I don't know the speed difference? 

Only going on the information that you have given. 

So tell us...why do you think it will behave better during the next feature update?

Get an SSD and get rid of crappy programs. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Because the computer shop where purchased loaded it up with a lot of Thai cr## game and silly com programs and some questionable software to spoof Microsoft office. 

Why would they do that with such an expert at hand??

If using SSD for years,why didn't you fit an SSD immediately or buy a laptop with SSD in the first instance....instead of letting your wife suffer with two hour start-up times?

No one is insulting you. We are just telling you that installing unnecessary programs doesn't help. Just do the job properly in the first instance.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Only going on the information that you have given. 

So tell us...why do you think it will behave better during the next feature update?

Get an SSD and get rid of crappy programs. ????

I didn't give you any information about my wife's computer because It has nothing to do with my post.  My wife's computer is just a meaningless detail that you picked up to insult me.  This thread is about Malwarebytes classifying Systemcare as a PUP. 

There are no crappy programs on my wife's laptop. 

There is not boot problems. 

There are not update problems. 

SSD will do nothing noticeable for the performance of her laptop.  Opening or closing or saving a file plus or minus 10 seconds is not in her mind as important.  An SSD does not make Win 10 update quicker.   Her WiFi is 5Ghz and that makes it quicker.  I'd imagine you are still running 2.4 cause you sound like a 2.4 kind of guy. 

Edited by marcusarelus

19 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Why would they do that with such an expert at hand??

If using SSD for years,why didn't you fit an SSD immediately or buy a laptop with SSD in the first instance....instead of letting your wife suffer with two hour start-up times?

No one is insulting you. We are just telling you that installing unnecessary programs doesn't help. Just do the job properly in the first instance.

They did it because a Thai woman would be using a computer.  Have you never been to Thailand?  They told her all sorts of things that were not true about her computer in Thai about Widows office. 

I would never recommend anyone buy from a computer shop in Thailand.  Invadeit or Lazada only. 

We are not telling me anything you are insulting me.  I don't know why. 

If you run Driver booster 6.3 you will find you have a number of drivers out of date.  Are they important drivers?  I don't know.  Unlike you I would not assume to know anything about your computer or what you do with it.  Run 3d Mark demo and see how it works. 

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I didn't give you any information about my wife's computer because It has nothing to do with my post.  My wife's computer is just a meaningless detail that you picked up to insult me.  This thread is about Malwarebytes classifying Systemcare as a PUP. 

There are no crappy programs on my wife's laptop. 

There is not boot problems. 

There are not update problems. 

SSD will do nothing noticeable for the performance of her laptop.  Opening or closing or saving a file plus or minus 10 seconds is not in her mind as important. 

You gave lots of info about your wife's computer. How else did I know about it if not from you.

Anyway, it seems no one cares about Advanced System Care. Stealing others work clearly has repercussions.

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

They did it because a Thai woman would be using a computer.  Have you never been to Thailand?  They told her all sorts of things that were not true about her computer in Thai about Widows office. 

I would never recommend anyone buy from a computer shop in Thailand.  Invadeit or Lazada only. 

If you run Driver booster 6.3 you will find you have a number of drivers out of date.  Are they important drivers?  I don't know.  Unlike you I would not assume to know anything about your computer or what you do with it.  Run 3d Mark demo and see how it works. 

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is insulting you? 5555555555

Seems that you are really loosing your faculties, as I already clearly explained to you, that just because the silly program can find what looks like a later Driver, it does not mean that you can install it or that it is compatible,

You are allowing a program of limited ability to supersede your own intelligence and no matter what anyone tells you here, you just persist and then claim we are insulting you. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JamJar said:

You gave lots of info about your wife's computer. How else did I know about it if not from you.

Anyway, it seems no one cares about Advanced System Care. Stealing others work clearly has repercussions.

There are legal remedies for that kind of thing and it was 10 years ago.  I only answered your insults to me about my wife's computer as you were making things up that were not true.  The only thing I said relevant to this topic re my wife's computer is the driver booster did not work on her laptop. 

Edited by marcusarelus

6 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Back to your wife.....

You claimed that you purchased the laptop, so what does it have to do with your wife? Aren't you the 'expert'?

I bought a computer from IT City. Why shouldn't I buy from there, as opposed to Lazada or InvadeIT?

Your 'advice' appears to contain many flaws. Unfortunate for someone who cannot take criticism.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

There are legal remedies for that kind of thing and it was 10 years ago.  I only answered your insults to me about my wife's computer as you were making things up that were not true.  The only thing I said relevant to this topic is the driver booster did not work on her laptop. 

Everything I wrote about your wife's laptop is what you wrote about it.

But it appears that repeating it to you is seen as an 'insult'. ????

Yeah...cos Driver Booster is just crap.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is insulting you? 5555555555

Seems that you are really loosing your faculties, as I already clearly explained to you, that just because the silly program can find what looks like a later Driver, it does not mean that you can install it or that it is compatible,

You are allowing a program of limited ability to supersede your own intelligence and no matter what anyone tells you here, you just persist and then claim we are insulting you. Ridiculous.

Insults/flames that you wrote. 

"No need to get your underwear twisted over it

If you like to install superflous programs

installing that silly program.

You don't need a Chinese program to update them for you

You don't take criticism well, do you

I guess you are always right in that relationship.

Maybe that's why she doesn't use it. Because of the crap performance.

seeing as you behave that way with us, we can possibly safely assume that you behave the same way at home

SSD would have been better all round, instead of that stupid program.

Seems that you are really loosing your faculties

but you are blindly blundering on, ignoring everything that you are told and claiming to be insulted with every new post."

Edited by marcusarelus

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Back to your wife.....

You claimed that you purchased the laptop, so what does it have to do with your wife? Aren't you the 'expert'?

I bought a computer from IT City. Why shouldn't I buy from there, as opposed to Lazada or InvadeIT?

Your 'advice' appears to contain many flaws. Unfortunate for someone who cannot take criticism.

This thread has nothing to do with my wife.  Only your insults are keeping it involved.  IT city I would not buy from them.  Ask anyone who knows something about computers.  I would say a majority would recommend Lazada or Invadeit over IT city.   

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, JamJar said:

Everything I wrote about your wife's laptop is what you wrote about it.

But it appears that repeating it to you is seen as an 'insult'. ????

Yeah...cos Driver Booster is just crap.

Driver booster will point out to you a number of drivers that you have that are not up to date. Don't update them.  Just look at how many are out of date and then go to the manufacturers site to confirm.

Edited by marcusarelus

15 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Insults/flames that you wrote. 

"No need to get your underwear twisted over it

You don't take criticism well, do you

I guess you are always right in that relationship.

seeing as you behave that way with us, we can possibly safely assume that you behave the same way at home

Seems that you are really loosing your faculties,"

It seems to me that most of those are about the program.

It also seems to me that you are looking for any reason to find an 'insult'.

are clearly about the program and device....I wonder why you are trying to claim that it is an insult.

Of course I know why....because you cannot take criticism of your actions because you clearly think that you are always right.

Now you go on and have a nice day.

Edited by JamJar

6 minutes ago, JamJar said:

It seems to me that most of those are about the program.

It also seems to me that you are looking for any reason to find an 'insult'.

are clearly about the program and device....I wonder why you are trying to claim that it is an insult.

Of course I know why....because you cannot take criticism of your actions because you clearly think that you are always right.

Now you go on and have a nice day.

I told you and everyone that Malwarebytes classified Systemcare as a PUP and removed it with their normal protection scheme.  The rest is off topic nonsense started by you and I was trying to educate you about your drivers being up to date but to no avail as you are afraid to look.  Up to you. The only reason I let the off topic discussion continue was another topic about why expats disliked other expats and I thought you were a perfect example.  So, for that Thank you. 

Edited by marcusarelus

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

I told you and everyone that Malwarebytes classified Systemcare as a PUP and removed it with their normal protection scheme.  The rest is off topic nonsense started by you and I was trying to educate you about your drivers being up to date but to no avail as you are afraid to look.  Up to you. 

Perfect example of your total inability to listen to others.....

Allow me to remind you

In addition, the latest Driver shown as available by iobit's Driver Booster(running in my Sandbox) is currently 10.31.828.2018

Whereas it is 10.32.1206.2018 according to Realtek/Microsoft and my Hardware ID; PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_02

You are not educating anyone. It is we who are trying to educate you, but you are blindly blundering on, ignoring everything that you are told and claiming to be insulted with every new post. ????

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JamJar said:

You are not educating anyone. It is we who are trying to educate you, but you are blindly blundering on, ignoring everything that you are told and claiming to be insulted with every new post. ????

Are you running driver booster?  How many out of date drivers did it find?

Edited by marcusarelus

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

What other programs classify Advanced Systemcare as a PUP?

I have not been working with IT-support for 10 years , I can only remember all the cases we had back in 2005-2009 , when different programs from IObit came on the market. 

AV-programs like Norton or AVG alongside Malwarebytes and CCleaner was always recommended to our private customers.

Advanced System Care was interfering with AV-programs, especially on Win 7 systems.  I had to clean many systems, uninstall all sorts of malware back then.  

IObit always had some sort of negative reputation that goes back at least 15 years  , just google it. 

I prefer to keep it simple, have a clean desktop with very few programs that can interfere.  

8 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Are you running driver booster?  How many out of date drivers did it find?

Once again, one and it didn't install as Windows reported I already have the latest Driver.

In addition, the latest Driver shown as available by iobit's Driver Booster(running in my Sandbox) is currently 10.31.828.2018

So, once again, not only is it's database out of date, but just because it finds a Driver via Hardware ID, it doesn't mean that it is compatible or will even install. 

I've written that many times, but you are so distraught over someone disagreeing with your point of view, that the facts are simply swooping over your head time and time again.

• Like 2

I don't know what is wrong with this dude...

He has already admitted that the program totally messed up his wife's laptop, yet here he is challenging me to install it and to take it's findings seriously.

Then wonders why I am concerned about his way of thinking.

As I have a Sandbox installed, I could run the rubbish profram and it failed to find a suitable Driver anyway when given the opportunity.

• Like 1

been building computers for 20 years, I have run system care(not their virus/malware software) for many years along with Malwarebytes, once I listed it to ignore system care everything was fine, I use nortons for my virus work and all 3 work well together. The reason thai laptops are slow is becaue the stores tend to load a heap of pirate ware onto them and that is what the customers want, they do not want to pay for the registered software, even the windows they load is a pirate copy unless it was free with the laptop. My wife bought a new one for work and I had to delete a heap of crap programs that were slowing it down a hell of a lot, yes a ssd drive does speed things up but lacks the storage room in most cases unless you want to spend a lot more, depends really what you do on your pc as well as how often you use it. I do a lot of work on mine(2 hard drives), pics, writing etc and  find everything works fine for me, drivers are updated and never had a problem with them, malware is restricted, dont have bugger all problems some are making out but then I do pay for all my software and dont use freebies or pirated stuff, think it boils down to what each person wants or likes, to each his own.

7 minutes ago, seajae said:

been building computers for 20 years, I have run system care(not their virus/malware software) for many years along with Malwarebytes, once I listed it to ignore system care everything was fine, I use nortons for my virus work and all 3 work well together. The reason thai laptops are slow is becaue the stores tend to load a heap of pirate ware onto them and that is what the customers want, they do not want to pay for the registered software, even the windows they load is a pirate copy unless it was free with the laptop. My wife bought a new one for work and I had to delete a heap of crap programs that were slowing it down a hell of a lot, yes a ssd drive does speed things up but lacks the storage room in most cases unless you want to spend a lot more, depends really what you do on your pc as well as how often you use it. I do a lot of work on mine(2 hard drives), pics, writing etc and  find everything works fine for me, drivers are updated and never had a problem with them, malware is restricted, dont have bugger all problems some are making out but then I do pay for all my software and dont use freebies or pirated stuff, think it boils down to what each person wants or likes, to each his own.

Building computers for twenty years and need to use Advanced System Care? Says it all really.

SSD lacking storage room? You can pick up a top of the range 500 GB consumer SSD for 2400 baht. Less if you don't need the best. Hardly breaking the bank. 

If strapped for cash and running a PC, you can often just fit an inexpensive SSD as your Boot and day to day working drive, with larger HDD as storage.

It doesn't "depend on what you want to do". SSD will always be better. Some people just get stuck in their old ways.

8 hours ago, balo said:

I have not been working with IT-support for 10 years , I can only remember all the cases we had back in 2005-2009 , when different programs from IObit came on the market. 

AV-programs like Norton or AVG alongside Malwarebytes and CCleaner was always recommended to our private customers.

Advanced System Care was interfering with AV-programs, especially on Win 7 systems.  I had to clean many systems, uninstall all sorts of malware back then.  

IObit always had some sort of negative reputation that goes back at least 15 years  , just google it. 

I prefer to keep it simple, have a clean desktop with very few programs that can interfere. 

Worthless information as today everyone on Win 10.  My question was simple but you chose not to answer it and now I suppose I'll get flamed for you not answering my question.   I'll try again.  What programs classify Systemcare as a PUP.

If you don't know say I don't know. 

Edited by marcusarelus

7 hours ago, JamJar said:

Building computers for twenty years and need to use Advanced System Care? Says it all really.

SSD lacking storage room? You can pick up a top of the range 500 GB consumer SSD for 2400 baht. Less if you don't need the best. Hardly breaking the bank. 

If strapped for cash and running a PC, you can often just fit an inexpensive SSD as your Boot and day to day working drive, with larger HDD as storage.

It doesn't "depend on what you want to do". SSD will always be better. Some people just get stuck in their old ways.

Why tell me?  I don't need an more SSD's.  I have a pc with an SSD and a laptop and tablet that don't have SSD's.  They all boot fast and operate fast.  I've found more hangups using 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz.  Which do you have? 

I doubt you have ever replaced a standard hard drive in a laptop with an SSD drive.  It is not that simple nor foolproof.

Edited by marcusarelus

8 hours ago, JamJar said:

I don't know what is wrong with this dude...

He has already admitted that the program totally messed up his wife's laptop, yet here he is challenging me to install it and to take it's findings seriously.

Then wonders why I am concerned about his way of thinking.

As I have a Sandbox installed, I could run the rubbish profram and it failed to find a suitable Driver anyway when given the opportunity.

Does installing driver booster in sandbox check all of the drivers running on your system?  I tried driver booster on my wife's computer and it took too long to update drivers and I removed it.  So? 

Edited by marcusarelus

8 hours ago, JamJar said:

Once again, one and it didn't install as Windows reported I already have the latest Driver.

So, once again, not only is it's database out of date, but just because it finds a Driver via Hardware ID, it doesn't mean that it is compatible or will even install. 

I've written that many times, but you are so distraught over someone disagreeing with your point of view, that the facts are simply swooping over your head time and time again. 

Sometimes the only software you want to make sure is updated are the drivers that drive your hardware components. Driver Booster checks all of them to see if the hardware manufacturers have anything new that will make your system purr like a kitten. It creates a restore point before installing drivers for you, just in case something goes awry.

https://www.pcmag.com/article/335730/the-best-free-software-of-2017

11 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

It's old fashioned.  30 years ago you were correct now it's the hard way.  Most things get faster as time goes by and it's the same with computers. 

I am still a successful computer professional with my knowledge. How about you?

11 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Ahh but your wrote, "Personally I install the newest drivers when I setup a computer. And if there are any issues then I look for updates.

Otherwise: Don't touch a running system!" 

But that is not true is it?  You update Java and Adobe even though there are no issues, now don't you?  Admit error?  Can't do it?  Can't admit wrong when you are?  

Maybe you should lookup the difference between drivers and applications. They are both software but that's about it.

But it definitely shows your level of knowledge.