Malwarebytes, Advanced Systemcare and other issues

marcusarelus

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you should lookup the difference between drivers and applications. They are both software but that's about it.

But it definitely shows your level of knowledge.

I use a Dell workstation and Dell says, "

Installing or updating the device drivers may help with:

Increased system performance
    Patch security risks
    Expanded compatibility
    To fix problems
    Include additional features

What does System care do?

I could do all of this manually and also schedule a task to do some of it but it is easier with systemcare and it's free. 

update boos.png

update.png

update3.png

6 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Sometimes the only software you want to make sure is updated are the drivers that drive your hardware components. Driver Booster checks all of them to see if the hardware manufacturers have anything new that will make your system purr like a kitten. It creates a restore point before installing drivers for you, just in case something goes awry.

https://www.pcmag.com/article/335730/the-best-free-software-of-2017

There is definitely something not quite right.....

You don't understand how it all works. but yet you are arguing with those who do.

There is no point in explaining it to you once again, because even if I explained it to you in the way I would explain it to a child, you would simply not take it on board and then claim that you were insulted. ????

But once again, the program does not "check all of them to see if the hardware manufacturers have anything new that will make your system purr like a kitten". That is just something you made up. ????

What it does is simply note the Hardware IDs and find Drivers that match that Hardware ID. It has no idea as to whether those Drivers are compatible with your device as a whole.

Which is why is completely crashed your partner's laptop.

Yet here you are recommending it to all. That's not right. 

7 hours ago, JamJar said:

Crashed my pc 4 years ago as  stated earlier.....pointless trying to help the man :whistling:

3 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I use a Dell workstation and Dell says, "

Installing or updating the device drivers may help with:

Increased system performance
    Patch security risks
    Expanded compatibility
    To fix problems
    Include additional features

What does System care do?

I could do all of this manually and also schedule a task to do some of it but it is easier with systemcare and it's free. 

update boos.png

update.png

update3.png

Nice that it recommends you to install other Chinese programs. ???? In addition, all of the programs listed there update themselves. But if you need a separate program to tell you they have been updated....

The last screen is just the standard clean up scan, just like one does with the likes of CCleaner.

So you install a lot of bloat for nothing.

I can understand a computer novice using that sort of thing, as they know no better. But someone who claims twenty years of experience....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Why tell me?  I don't need an more SSD's.  I have a pc with an SSD and a laptop and tablet that don't have SSD's.  They all boot fast and operate fast.  I've found more hangups using 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz.  Which do you have? 

I doubt you have ever replaced a standard hard drive in a laptop with an SSD drive.  It is not that simple nor foolproof.

First of all, I didn't tell you, I was replying to someone else.

Secondly, you claim to have a Tablet that doesn't have an SSD.... ???? So what does it contain? ????

Now you are suggesting that I've never swapped an HDD for SSD. Sorry my friend, but you are just :crazy: 

I'm just working on two right now. Have just upgraded my girlfriend's device from a 500GB HDD to a Crucial BX300 240 GB SSD and now to a Samsung EVO 860 1TB. Moving the BX300 to another device given to me.

it takes me a few minutes to do the swap and to run a clean install.

Yet you claim twenty years of PC building and cannot even swap a mechanical HDD for an SSD??

Seriously, you need to stop. My sides are hurting.

7 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Worthless information as today everyone on Win 10.

Not worthless information, it tells you something about the company and people behind the software.

But everyone can Google it.  And make up their own mind.

I never recommended any of my customers to install software from IOBit and I see no reason to do it today.  

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

There is definitely something not quite right.....

You don't understand how it all works. but yet you are arguing with those who do.

There is no point in explaining it to you once again, because even if I explained it to you in the way I would explain it to a child, you would simply not take it on board and then claim that you were insulted. ????

But once again, the program does not "check all of them to see if the hardware manufacturers have anything new that will make your system purr like a kitten". That is just something you made up. ????

What it does is simply note the Hardware IDs and find Drivers that match that Hardware ID. It has no idea as to whether those Drivers are compatible with your device as a whole.

My partners laptop didn't crash in any sense that you mean.  It was updating and I didn't want to wait.  I run AOEMI one click recovery on all of my computers to restoring them to a previous condition is fast and efficient. 

Advanced Systemcare checks the drivers compatibility before they recommend and create a restore point if there is an error.  I didn't have to check 52 manufacturers websites and question compatibility because system care did that.  

It would have taken me hours to check where as system care does it in seconds. 

When Malwarebytes removed systemcare from my system (the topic of this post) it took me a couple of hours to figure it out and test to confirm that happened and then search the net to find corroboration.  

If you want to do all of that stuff by yourself I think it's a bit old fashioned but go ahead. 

39 minutes ago, balo said:

Not worthless information, it tells you something about the company and people behind the software.

But everyone can Google it.  And make up their own mind.

I never recommended any of my customers to install software from IOBit and I see no reason to do it today.

It is worthless information re the question I asked which you can't answer.  Do any other programs besides Malwarebytes classify Systemcare as a PUP. 

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

My partners laptop didn't crash in any sense that you mean.  It was updating and I didn't want to wait.  I run AOEMI one click recovery on all of my computers to restoring them to a previous condition is fast and efficient. 

Advanced Systemcare checks the drivers compatibility before they recommend and create a restore point if there is an error.  I didn't have to check 52 manufacturers websites and question compatibility because system care did that.  

It would have taken me hours to check where as system care does it in seconds. 

When Malwarebytes removed systemcare from my system (the topic of this post) it took me a couple of hours to figure it out and test to confirm that happened and then search the net to find corroboration.  

If you want to do all of that stuff by yourself I think it's a bit old fashioned but go ahead. 

Again you are making it up as you go along.

It doesn't check the compatibility as I checked Driver Booster myself yesterday and as I told you, the Driver didn't install.

Now you are trying to feed us BS that you didn't want to wait. 

You used Driver Booster and clearly it didn't check the drivers for compatibility, as it completely ruined the install.

Damned by your own words. ASC has the same engine. So please...we are intelligent to understand what it does and how it does it. you are not, which is why we are having to explain it to you and you are not understanding it.

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

First of all, I didn't tell you, I was replying to someone else.

Secondly, you claim to have a Tablet that doesn't have an SSD.... ???? So what does it contain? ????

Now you are suggesting that I've never swapped an HDD for SSD. Sorry my friend, but you are just :crazy: 

I'm just working on two right now. Have just upgraded my girlfriend's device from a 500GB HDD to a Crucial BX300 240 GB SSD and now to a Samsung EVO 860 1TB. Moving the BX300 to another device given to me.

it takes me a few minutes to do the swap and to run a clean install.

Yet you claim twenty years of PC building and cannot even swap a mechanical HDD for an SSD??

Seriously, you need to stop. My sides are hurting.

Why would I want to swap out a HD?  I have one in my Dell work station.  I have 3 drives in it.  My wife's laptop does not need a SSD nor has she asked for one.  If she needed an SSD I would have bought her a tablet/laptop with one in it.  Her Asus laptop has only been used 4 or 5 hours since it was purchased.  Do you think it's worn out?  It is a pain prying open the seal on Asus laptops.  I don't like to do it.