Proof 800k comes from abroad

So due to Immigration keep moving the goal posts I'm most likely now going to move to the 800k in the bank method. I've transferred 3x65k+ from abroad the last three months to Kasikorn, I've subsequently moved this to Krungsi. I plan to transfer another 650k from abroad to Kasikorn then move to Krungsi.

When i apply for Non Imm O I'll have 800k in the Krungsi account. What proof do i need from kasikorn that the 3x65k+ and the 650k came from abroad?

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is only required when applying for a non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration.

When I switch from a non-B from employment to a non-O for retirement do I have to show that I brought in the 800K from abroad?  Thanks.   

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I will be applying for a Non imm O by switching from a tourist visa. So i need to prove the 800k comes from abroad? that's what I've read previously

Yes you will and 99.99% you will have a problem using the account that will show a krungsi domestic transfer from kasikorn. Immigration are only interested in the account you are applying with and not looking at paper trails of money from other banks

• Like 1

Yes you will and 99.99% you will have a problem using the account that will show a krungsi domestic transfer from kasikorn. Immigration are only interested in the account you are applying with and not looking at paper trails of money from other banks

They don't understand that people move money into higher interest accounts?

I guess i can transfer it back to Kasikorn if it might faze them using the Krungi account

39 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I will be applying for a Non imm O by switching from a tourist visa. So i need to prove the 800k comes from abroad? that's what I've read previously

If you apply for it at immigration you will have to prove it came from abroad.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80

""5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand*"

You can get that from the bank that received your transfers.

To Ricklev:  I  switched my reason for extension from "Employment" to "Retirement" in Bangkok in 2010. I used B 800,000 that I had earned and saved in Thailand.  Despite subsequent statements to the contrary on this forum, such as the one above, I had to provide proof where the money had come from. There seemed to be an unspoken allegation that to have saved that much money, I must have been involved in something illegal. I provided copies of five years' income tax returns, which was enough to satisfy them.

• Thanks 1

If you apply for it at immigration you will have to prove it came from abroad.
See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_80
""5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand*"
You can get that from the bank that received your transfers.

You don't see an issue with Kasikorn being the bank that receives the transfers even though i subsequently move 800k to Krungsi into a higher interest account?

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

You don't see an issue with Kasikorn being the bank that receives the transfers even though i subsequently move 800k to Krungsi into a higher interest account?

It should not be a problem if you also have proof of the transfer to another bank account.

• Like 1

Depending on how you made transfer from overseas source, i.e. foreign bank, Currency trader, etc  need to show funds going into KBank acc. i.e. receipt from foreign bank or Currency trader. Thai Immi will want to see funds transferred to 1st Thai Bank (K Bank), as to what happens from K Bank, not interested... So you'll need to have statements from your Foreign Bank or Trader & Statement from K Bank showing same amounts going into your K Bank acc. 

Once again, this is getting very confusing.

I have been doing income letter from US Embassy for 5 years. This year I will show 800K in my Thai bank account for the first time.  Does the money now have to come from out of Thailand?

Apparently only when applying for the Non Imm O

not the extension

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No proof it came from abroad is needed since you will be using the 800k baht in the bank option.

Seriously how hard is it to understand a very, very simple rule for retirement extensions?

• If it's the "money in the bank" option, the bank will certify that the money is in the bank in Thailand
  • If it's the "monthly deposit" option, the bank will certify that the money has been transferred from abroad to the bank in Thailand

That's all that's required

Edited by ThaiBunny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seriously how hard is it to understand a very, very simple rule for retirement extensions?
  • If it's the "money in the bank" option, the bank will certify that the money is in the bank in Thailand
  • If it's the "monthly deposit" option, the bank will certify that the money has been transferred from abroad to the bank in Thailand
You've misunderstood. This thread is about the Non imm O where you need to prove the 800k comes from abroad

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I would agree with Ubonjoe that a bank statement & letter from Kasikorn should be proof enough that the money which is now in Krungsri came from abroad. I wouldn't worry at all, what's done is done. You can't change the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

You've misunderstood. This thread is about the Non imm O where you need to prove the 800k comes from abroad

As Ubonjoe keeps saying over and over, there is no such requirement

Immigration isn’t “moving the goal post” or changing anything it’s still 40K Baht a month minimum monthly income requirement for marriage visa extensions and it’s still 65K Baht a month minimum monthly income requirement for retirement visa extensions it has been the same for years.  The only difference now is that now you actually have to prove it for real.  

They are not changing the requirements but they are currently going through a transition period because the United States, British, Australia, and I believe Denmark as well has stopped providing income affidavits and right now immigration is right in the middle of transitioning from income affidavits to the new monthly income verification requirements.  The income affidavits are valid for six months after the date of completion and a lot of people got their last income affidavits provided in December 2018 by their embassies.  So the transition period is slowly coming to an end very soon and not everyone has had a Thai bank account for 12 full months yet, but immigration is supposed to be working with people on that for the first year.  I was very lucky with the timing of mine because when I do my next extension in January or February 2020 by then I’ll have the full 12 months of monthly wire transfers to show from my bank in the States from my monthly pension payments.  If I were in your shoes I might MIGHT have done the same thing depending on when your extension is due especially if it’s due after June and before December or November.  But probably not because the monthly income option is so much easier especially with the exchange rates and for the first year if I’m not mistaken I believe you don’t have to show the full 12 months of monthly wire transfers during the first year because of the transition period but I forgot what the police orders said about that exactly because that doesn’t apply to my situation.  

• Haha 1

Immigration isn’t “moving the goal post” or changing anything...... The only difference now is that now you actually have to prove it for real.  

So they are changing it. In the numerous previous threads and thousands of posts there was no discussion about having to prove source of income, just monthly 65k+ in a Thai bank account from abroad. Remember they didn't want to look at supporting documentation
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
16 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:
As Ubonjoe keeps saying over and over, there is no such requirement

he is referring to the extension, understand?

He isn't. There is NO requirement to prove the origin of the funds unless you entered Thailand on a Tourist visa and wish to change your status while you are in Thailand.  In those circumstances and those circumstances only, the funds have to be there for 2 months already and there must be proof they have come from abroad. Based on your original post those are not your circumstances?  You seem to be saying you're changing from the income method to the money in the bank method

He isn't. There is NO requirement to prove the origin of the funds unless you entered Thailand on a Tourist visa and wish to change your status while you are in Thailand.  In those circumstances and those circumstances only, the funds have to be there for 2 months already and there must be proof they have come from abroad. Based on your original post those are not your circumstances?  You seem to be saying you're changing from the income method to the money in the bank method
Wrong again. I'm on a tourist visa so will be converting to a non imm O. The 3x65k transfers were getting ready for 12 months of transfers for the income method

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
4 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Wrong again. I'm on a tourist visa so will be converting to a non imm O. The 3x65k transfers were getting ready for 12 months of transfers for the income method

Perhaps if you re-read your original post you will be able to see how confusing it is