read tons on visas for Thai, still very confused. We are wanting to relocate to Thailand, we are both Canadains, I work in Kazakhstan 28/28 hitches. Girlfriend doesn't work. we are not married is that going to pose a problem?...in Canada she is considered my common law wife. Not sure what kind of visas we need, I will probably need a multi entry visa??, but confused on her.Anyone HELP!!! we would like to relocate by christmas of this year. Not anywhere near retirement age..I'm 39 shes 34. and if we do get in the country to live, what will we have to do if I marry her? start visas over again?..we would not be married there in Thai, I am taking her to Ireland to marry her.

any help much appreciated

Sorry pal, the Thai system of visa's does not accommodate your situation, you are too young to retire, you'd be ok because of constant travel, but your lady would have problems. De facto or common law relationships are not recognized at Thai law.

If i marry her before we get there would it make it any easier??

It would only help for extensions of stay; not for visas. As you have no basis for an extension of stay (marriage to a Thai/work/education etc) it would not help. She would still have to qualify and obtain her own visas.

You might be able to do it but she would have no rights here in Thaland and not even be able to get a drivers license.

You could just use the 30 day stamps for your time here and she could obtain tourist visas. She could have to leave country every 90 days max but it could be done. After awhile she might be asked to explain how she lived here so she should keep atm receipts or whatever proof you have that money is coming from outside Thailand.

help please...i really would like to figurea way into country even if she does need to fly out of country for a bit every 90 days

as lopburi3 and doctor pat pong explained you both will need tourist visas. you can get these from a thai consulate in canada before you leave for thailand <60 days per entry>

the 30 day stamp you are referring to is an "on arrival" stamp from a border or the airport when entering thailand without a visa. canada is one of the countries that this is available. however, you won't be able to get an extension once in thailand and you may or may not have a problem boarding the airplane without a thai visa already in your passport.

You might be able to do it but she would have no rights here in Thaland and not even be able to get a drivers license. 

You could just use the 30 day stamps for your time here and she could obtain tourist visas.  She could have to leave country every 90 days max but it could be done.  After awhile she might be asked to explain how she lived here so she should keep atm receipts or whatever proof you have that money is coming from outside Thailand.

If we went this route, would the woman have to do those visa runs I have been reading about?????

If we went this route, would the woman have to do those visa runs I have been reading about?????

Yes. But that depends on what you were reading. She could probably get multiple entry tourist visas in her home country and likely will still be able to obtain at least single entry in countries close by and each entry would allow 60 day stay and then a 30 day extension of stay (1,900 baht and a visit to immigration/photos). After 90 days would require a border crossing; or visit to a Consulate outside Thailand for a new visa. As long was she can provide explanation of her financial support (you bringing in money - do it with an overseas bank account and draw from atm here or have wire transfers to an account here that can be verified) there will 'probably' not be any great problem. But you will not have import rights and she might not have much of a life. I would not bet on the longevity of a marriage in such a situation.

Yes. But that depends on what you were reading. She could probably get multiple entry tourist visas in her home country and likely will still be able to obtain at least single entry in countries close by and each entry would allow 60 day stay and then a 30 day extension of stay (1,900 baht and a visit to immigration/photos). After 90 days would require a border crossing; or visit to a Consulate outside Thailand for a new visa. As long was she can provide explanation of her financial support (you bringing in money - do it with an overseas bank account and draw from atm here or have wire transfers to an account here that can be verified) there will 'probably' not be any great problem. But you will not have import rights and she might not have much of a life. I would not bet on the longevity of a marriage in such a situation.

hmmm...more to think about...want this thing with her to last, but if can't have a life at all there, not sure now..thanks guys..if i have any more questions i will ask. you all have been most helpful, thanks again.. Going to ask around the rig how the guys i am working with have gotten through all the bull, some of my co-workers are living there, with wives...and did explain visa runs abit to me..but i thought it would be easier..maybe their wives have no lives either..The woman's pretty headstrong..she wouldn't fair well with no life...and she's much to sexy to lose ..thanks again guys