Thailand looks to India for new wave of high spending senior citizen tourists

snoop1130

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It's easy. You build a fort and defend it from the natives. Something like Fort William, you know.

Yes of course. This is the very reason for all the rants herein!

Failures encroaching on others land and creating endless problems. The good side is that the natives are now smarter than the pitiful encroaching aliens, hence many have their knickers in a twist.

Yes, these communities will have to find lesser developed countries than Thailand to build their 'Fort William'.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

That may be true but an Indian American household would generally encompass 2 or 3 generations of occupants.

How is that figure broken down per person versus an American Caucasian household ?

I suspect (and I could be wrong) that there are more occupants in the former thereby decreasing their disposable income

Just have a look at this small list. Indians are slowly taking over and so are the Chinese. Whether it is good or bad is another story, but you can rest assured that they are doing the same things the West did to gain power. Its a dirty game, and no one will be a permanent winner.

The East is rising for sure and the supremacy of the West is waning. So... rant on!

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It's easy. You build a fort and defend it from the natives. Something like Fort William, you know.

Exactly this doesn't work over here. You need land-grabbing as a foreigner, and land-grabbing is illegal in Thailand and - as far as I know - in India, too. 

1 minute ago, micmichd said:

Exactly this doesn't work over here. You need land-grabbing as a foreigner, and land-grabbing is illegal in Thailand and - as far as I know - in India, too. 

The screws are slowly tightening, time to find some other jungle or suffer at home.

OK, I wait for eye-witnesses. Should be about 8,000 years old and been all over a country that probably didn't even exist 8,000 years ago. There are paintings and ancient books there, even in Germany where I come from - and there are Indian scientists. 
Had a too many german beers when you wrote this ?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, ravip said:

The screws are slowly tightening, time to find some other jungle or suffer at home.

Guess the neighbouring countries will follow the "native land only to natives" rule. 

But you surely don't need land-grabbing for investments. 

Suffering at "home" is a bad idea for an orphan like me who burned down all bridges to a country that he never wanted. 

20 hours ago, ravip said:

NO. It's rampant in this whole world - one needs to take ones head out of the sand to see it clearly. 

Actually expat Thailand used to be free of both PC and racism - screaming racism at anything was brought here by the PC types we left the West to get away from.

8 minutes ago, ding said:

re; TITLE of original post ...therefore we'll probably retire to Cambodia or VN. 

The Chinese have already beaten us to Cambodia and Vietnam is next on their list.

2 hours ago, ravip said:

That is correct, also in general lifestyle beyond the fort has gone down. Better to sell to the commies or let 50,000 Indians occupy it.

2 hours ago, micmichd said:

Luckily Thais will pimp their country to any one with enough cash and look the other way when the moats are being dug.

4 hours ago, ravip said:

Just have a look at this small list. Indians are slowly taking over and so are the Chinese. Whether it is good or bad is another story, but you can rest assured that they are doing the same things the West did to gain power. Its a dirty game, and no one will be a permanent winner.

The East is rising for sure and the supremacy of the West is waning. So... rant on!

That's not what I said - I was querying average household income.

Someone quoted that an American Indian household income average is higher but IMHO that's probably because they typically have larger families under one roof and more of a working age. Is it the same if you broke it down per person rather than per household?

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

The last refuge of the white man seems to be Oz.

This is a serious situation.

What prevents a white man from living a happy and contended life in their own country? There are 1000's of post herein at TVF saying that the white mans countries are developed, clean, almost without corruption, higher quality of life etc etc.

It is unimaginable that citizens of those countries are clamouring to settle down in countries like Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Anyone from the developed lands could explain this phenomena?

1 hour ago, ravip said:

What prevents a white man from living a happy and contended life in their own country? There are 1000's of post herein at TVF saying that the white mans countries are developed, clean, almost without corruption, higher quality of life etc etc.

It is unimaginable that citizens of those countries are clamouring to settle down in countries like Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Fit birds.

1 hour ago, ravip said:

Western women. Many Farangs here disgust Farang women (and vice versa). Most male Farangs in SEA prefer Asian women - and at the same time disgust their countries (and the male natives there).  

I'm from a "developed country" (Germany), and I see the West going down the gutter (economically and socially), while Asian countries are improving. And this is too much for folks that are used to be treated as the masters of the universe. 

6 minutes ago, micmichd said:

I'm from a "developed country" (Germany), and I see the West going down the gutter (economically and socially), while Asian countries are improving. And this is too much for folks that are used to be treated as the masters of the universe. 

Aye. Asia will be the winner this century, unless they manage to implode soviet style. All us dying dinosaurs can ask for is to be let die in peace in our castles in far far away lands - without bloody tourists intruding onto our turf. Shoo!

31 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Aye. Asia will be the winner this century, unless they manage to implode soviet style. All us dying dinosaurs can ask for is to be let die in peace in our castles in far far away lands - without bloody tourists intruding onto our turf. Shoo!

The Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore, and it didn't implode. Ronald Reagan threatened to armour the Soviets to death if they don't surrender, that's why the USSR was dissolved.  But Russia's still there, and Russia is now part of the BRICS countries. 

Guess Asian countries will adopt the most successful economic style after the American War in Asia (aka the Vietnam war): the politics of two systems, as laid out by the former mayor of Shanghai, Mr Deng tsiao ping. 

China has her special economic zonesn, and Thailand has them too. 

Anyway, back to topic: OP is about older Indian tourists. I've talked to some of them, in Bangkok and Pukhet. They are old, wise, well-educated and well-mannered. Certainly not the brand that roam around Pattaya Beach sometimes. And they come as tourists, not as settlers.

15 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Anyway, back to topic: OP is about older Indian tourists. I've talked to some of them, in Bangkok and Pukhet. They are old, wise, well-educated and well-mannered. Certainly not the brand that roam around Pattaya Beach sometimes. And they come as tourists, not as settlers.

Did they come alone or with the entire extended family?

5 hours ago, ravip said:

There are 1000's of post herein at TVF saying that the white mans countries are developed, clean, almost without corruption, higher quality of life etc etc.

Many Scandinavians do not like the cold winters so we escape from it. Also even if the country is clean and has a high quality of life, you need a big salary to be able to live a good life there, unlike Thailand where a normal salary or pension is more than enough to live better than what you could afford in your home country. So simple really, as long as Thailand is cheaper and can offer more it will attract foreigners from that part of the wrold.  

38 minutes ago, balo said:

So simple really, as long as Thailand is cheaper and can offer more it will attract foreigners from that part of the wrold.  

Which includes the taxes as well. The quality of life doesn't come cheap. 

So we got cheap, weather and birds. Weather was a major part of my own decision to move here. Anything under 30 DegC is freezing.

The Indians got ok weather so cheap birds, right?

52 minutes ago, balo said:

Many Scandinavians do not like the cold winters so we escape from it. Also even if the country is clean and has a high quality of life, you need a big salary to be able to live a good life there, unlike Thailand where a normal salary or pension is more than enough to live better than what you could afford in your home country. So simple really, as long as Thailand is cheaper and can offer more it will attract foreigners from that part of the wrold.  

^^This is a very reasonable, believable and truthful explanation.

10 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Which includes the taxes as well. The quality of life doesn't come cheap. 

So we got cheap, weather and birds. Weather was a major part of my own decision to move here. Anything under 30 DegC is freezing.

The Indians got ok weather so cheap birds, right?

Whats difficult to comprehend is, knowing very well in advance the difficulties and the down side of cheap living in the 3rd world, how these aliens insult and bash the natives therein.

Why does NOT the so called developed world give their own 'average' citizen a chance to live a proper basic life in their own countries? Is this REALLY development? Only for the rich?

So, is it right to say that most aliens, from the 'developed' world that come to live in the undeveloped part of the world are basically forced to do so? Then these frustrated, psychopathic rants are initiated by their mutated minds caused by the forced relocation of their homestead in the evening of their lives?

It is an accepted fact that a humans adaptive capability diminishes with age. Hence, most of these elderly aliens feel they are more superior, a class above, more intelligent than the natives, and that the host countries are obliged to accommodate them on their terms.

In real, this is a huge joke isn't it? The myth about the clean, high standard, all tick-a-ti-boo developed countries? A haven for the rich, from ANY COUNTRY!

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

So, is it right to say that most aliens, from the 'developed' world that come to live in the undeveloped part of the world are basically forced to do so?

Some, with fixed and limited income. If they came while it was cheap, now they're screwed as exchange rates and inflation plays against them.

In the west the name of the game is ponzi scheme, especially in the countries where there's a government retirement plan in place. Each generation must be bigger than the previous or they run out of people to pay them. Now add to that the birthrate below replacement level with immigration that's not job based and yeah, screwed. 

It's game over for the west. Maybe the Indians will conquer Finland next. I'm sure they'll like the beaches:

g70424_rgb_4136_3-2.jpg?itok=idTbwQg5

Archived