Thailand looks to India for new wave of high spending senior citizen tourists

snoop1130

41 minutes ago, BestB said:

but in all honesty what Is wrong with us westerners? Why TAT not investing as much energy and resources to attract  westerners ?

We bring in nasty ideas like democracy and freedom of speech. No such worries with the Chinese, Indians are already a bit suspect though.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Indians-Americans are a very wealthy and sucessful population in the Land of Opportunity. They go back to Asia to see Mom, otherwise, its the Grand Canyon and Miami.

My dentist was from the  British Islands. He retired and sold his business to an Indian woman. She hired all minority women and gays to work in her clinic. Her service went downhill very quick. 

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Indians-Americans are a very wealthy and sucessful population in the Land of Opportunity.

Asians house hold income (80K) in America is more than Caucasians (60K). And Indian Americans are at the top of the list (120K) followed by Taiwanese Americans, Chinese Americans, Korean Americans, Singaporean Americans. See the trend? It is all asians. 21st century is Asian century. They will dominate the land of opportunity and in their native continents also.

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

They tend to stay in cheap hotels, over occupy and cook in rooms with no facilities for it. Have been told this by a few Hotels employees in the past, maybe these new ones will be different?

They live like that in America. It reminds me a little about how the Thais live. 

1 hour ago, lonewolf99 said:

eople arrive on a tourist visa and instantly become considered a heiness criminal just because they want to stay longer and spend more money on accommodation and goods.? Meanwhile letting all manner of real criminals/terrorists/drug runners on Interpol watch lists flood in. 

Thailand is a playground for the spooks. Lots CIA and Mossad activities. CIA had a torture base in Thailand. There are a few Chabad Houses in Thailand. 

12 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

Asians house hold income (80K) in America is more than Caucasians (60K). And Indian Americans are at the top of the list (120K) followed by Taiwanese Americans, Chinese Americans, Korean Americans, Singaporean Americans. See the trend? It is all asians. 21st century is Asian century. They will dominate the land of opportunity and in their native continents also.

It is all about having a college degree in a good field, and not in some useless field like art. You can probably find a job at local college teaching art for $ 15. per hour.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

but in all honesty what Is wrong with us westerners? Why TAT not investing as much energy and resources to attract  westerners ?

Thailand is already popular with Westerners as destination for cheap sex that they could not afford in Europe and America. There is no need to spend any more energy and resources to attract Westerners. Western tourists have plateaued and now they are trying to attracts Asians for growth.

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Thailand is already popular with Westerners as destination for cheap sex that they could not afford in Europe and America. There is no need to spend any more energy and resources to attract Westerners. Western tourists have plateaued and now they are trying to attracts Asians for growth.

I beg to differ, it is now cheaper to get laid in Amsterdam than in local a go go

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

I beg to differ, it is now cheaper to get laid in Amsterdam than in local a go go

But will they go for long walks holding your hand saying your first farang she fall in love and first time she orgasm farang man and she stop work if you send her $400/month and just wait you come back ?

27 minutes ago, madmen said:

But will they go for long walks holding your hand saying your first farang she fall in love and first time she orgasm farang man and she stop work if you send her $400/month and just wait you come back ?

$400/month? Stop hanging around ladyboys.????

not even a live in one would take $400

even a past due date 40 year old expects at least $1000/month to wait for you????

anything young and attractive requires  double that 

5 hours ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

At any rate, the negative term 'cack' still applies to Indians and Middle Eastern people.  

Its pronounced more like 'Keck' though...at least thats what my old Thai teacher used to say, I will check with my wife

7 hours ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

After living here so long I'm personally surprised that Indian nationals would choose Thailand for a holiday... well, other than young/middle-aged horny men, like most males in that age group worldwide.  Why am I surprised?

My perception is the Thais have never been very accepting of Indians.  This is even true of Thai nationals of Indian descent whose families have lived here for generations.  Way back when I was stationed here at Ubon RTAFB, during the late Vietnam War, the Thais referred to anyone of Indian ancestry as a 'cack', which means visitor, a pejorative term still popular today.  Even as a young GI I found that odd coming from the friendly Thais.  And we young USAF grunts were even warned by Thais not to trust doing business with cacks. Just like today, most Indians back then had stylish nice looking tailor shops.  I'm not sure if they were fronts for illegal drugs and/or loan sharking, etc., like some are today.  At any rate, the negative term 'cack' still applies to Indians and Middle Eastern people.  And, no, those folks aren't lumped into the non-oriental 'farang' catch-all category, like the rest of us.

Yep, it will be interesting to witness this planned mass influx of holiday cacks wildly spending their extremely weak vs Thai baht Indian Rupees.  Tick tock.

Oh wait... on second thought, aren't we all suffering from the super-inflated Thai baht?!

"My perception is the Thais have never been very accepting of Indians. "

Did you ever think about why?

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

such as staying in boutique hotels, dining in Michelin Star restaurants, taking luxury cruises and relaxing at world class spas, as well as activities such as visiting a floating market, flower arranging and learning how to cook Thai food.

Maybe also  polishing their walking sticks, knitting and indoor  tiddlywinks?

No Bridge  though!

It is reputed that almost half of the population of 1 billion Indians still defecate in the trees.  Therefore I trust with this latest push by the Junta to attract more Indian tourists to Thailand, all those Thais owning woodland will be suitable compensated by the Junta for clearing up the mess that this practice will undoubtedly bring to Thailand in those areas where the Indian tourists congregate.

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Gogos are for unprepared tourists

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Any reason why you guys cannot go out and get some sex ?

I just woke up and dont smell very good.

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to TAT New Delhi director Isra Stapanaseth, “Apart from the various attractions, warm Thai hospitality and welcoming nature of the Thai people is one of the main reasons that makes Thailand a favourite holiday destination among senior travelers.”

Try spinning that one with anyone on a retirement visa here................

When I lived in Samui I had several wealthy friends visit. They rented high end villas or stayed in five star hotels at over $1,000 a nite. They spent $2,000 to $4,000 a day for spa treatments, high end five star dining, etc. One told me he expected to spend $75,000 on a 10 day vacation for his family. They did this twice a year. He told me when he traveled he needed everything to be perfect and was willing to pay for that. 

I just do not think Thailand is seeing many of these big fish anymore. For a dozen different reasons, chief among them the inability to provide truly five star service, expertise, safety standards, etc. The army has dramatically accelerated this trend through their hubris, incompetence and xenophobia. 

There are alot of very wealthy Indians these days. Will they choose Thailand over Monaco, London, Paris, the Seychelles, and other spots that DO have truly five star service?

12 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Thailand had loads of high spending westerners for decades until they decided to trade them in for millions of zero dollar Chinese tourist.. 

high spending?!

for 5000 a month guesthouses and Chang beers? lol a few days ago I saw one of these" high spending westerners" eating shitty tuna with shitty bread and shitty beer from 7-11 in a food court (free aircon and tables!)

Chinese tourists gave Thailand more money then all Westerners. This is a fact you cant accept))

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

And we young USAF grunts were even warned by Thais not to trust doing business with cacks. Just like today, most Indians back then had stylish nice looking tailor shops.

maybe because they are not actually tailors? this is how it works - their job is to sell a suit as expensive as possible - then order it with Thai tailor - as cheap as possible

do you think people gonna like foreigners who start a business to sell what Thais do and grab 90% of profits? such "entrepreneurship" with be hated in any country on earth

Knowing several well-to-do Indians, they seem to be more educated and intolerant of shabby service and being ripped off. I imagine they may visit, go back home and spread the word what really goes on in nice, but not so amazing Thailand.

When will Thailand TAT realize “mass tourism” which includes cheap tour-bus packages is not benefiting the country in the long run? Infrastructure, ones safety, and preserving its natural beauty is not a top priority- only $$$. 

Archived