Thailand looks to India for new wave of high spending senior citizen tourists

snoop1130

16 hours ago, SammyT said:

Great, so now it will be 10 octogenarian Indian men standing around a single hooker on Beach Road, rather than ones in their 30's... 

true they do that to frighten the girl into going with 10 of them for 3000 baht divide by 10 means each one gets it for 300 baht , Also high spending indians ???  is that why they walk round all the soi's without going in a single bar to try pick up a girl for free or get them to work for them as their pimp  , i have seen the girls and bar owners throw water over them (not in songkran season ) because they stand outside a bar talking to girls for free for ages and not go in the bar or spend any money , also they will wait in doorways of shops closed where there are seats so they can wait and work out which girls they can target , they send out girl spotters in cars around soi's then he goes tell his indian village mates who then go round and crowd round a girl its disgusting ! not many of them got any morals , alot of times cannot walk straight on beach road as they walk in 10's wide so you have to vear round them , who ever has thought up this idea of trying to get indians to spend more needs his head examining as they try not to spend anything and they still want to get everything for nothing , its obviously someone who never walks round pattaya like i do and sit in a bar drinking and seeing what they are doing to the place and people , im not saying all indians are like this but majority are , i have talked to indians in go go bar three guys in their 20's and they were friendly , but then i have met very ignorant indians who never think of appologising for knocking your drink over or paying for it  good luck all 

https://www.quora.com/What-do-Thai-people-think-about-India-and-Indians

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

Better to check on line than with your wife. This interesting post from some years ago

Cack, OTOH, is an even worse slur. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cack

Well Kaek I wouldn't have commented on because that sounds correct but 'cack' doesnt.  My former teacher said Kaek/Keck... my wife didn't understand Cack cause its the wrong pronunciation but Keck/Kaek she understood 

13 hours ago, GoodieAfterDark said:

It is all about having a college degree in a good field, and not in some useless field like art. You can probably find a job at local college teaching art for $ 15. per hour.

It would be great if the world just got rid of all artists or anyone that makes anything of artistic worth. Everyone should do something useful and interesting like banking and concentrate on being filthy rich only.  

1 minute ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

It would be great if the world just got rid of all artists or anyone that makes anything of artistic worth. Everyone should do something useful and interesting like banking and concentrate on being filthy rich only.  

Not only that, look at all the artists and creative people who've turned out to be sex perverts

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

For the most part, Indians holiday within their own state; over 80% of all vacations and travel for shopping or medical purposes was within the same state. https://www.huffingtonpost.in/2017/04/28/here-are-some-sobering-facts-about-how-indians-vacation-to-curb_a_22059983/

T1.JPG.bb6913904927329b6c27cbc04b53dba7.JPG

November 2018:

• India has been ranked as the most vacation deprived country globally with 75% of Indians reporting they don’t travel enough up from 60% last year, according to a survey by Expedia, a US based travel agency.
  • nearly 41% of Indians wished to go on a vacation but haven’t been on a holiday in last six months due to workload. Only 3% took a vacation every month while over one-third said they go without a vacation for six months to a year.
  • The survey showed that about 24% Indians can't afford a holiday while have many a preference for a longer holiday. The results reflect the prevailing perception for many Indians (18%) is that professionally successful people don’t take vacations.

https://www.businessinsider.in/india-ranked-as-the-most-vacation-deprived-country-in-the-world-survey/articleshow/66749566.cms

"The survey showed that about 24% Indians can't afford a holiday while have many a preference for a longer holiday. The results reflect the prevailing perception for many Indians (18%) is that professionally successful people don’t take vacations."

Doubtful statistics, seems to me that 90+% of Indians have never had an actual holiday and never will.

Or are these statistics deliberately casting aside with no concern the millions and millions of Indians who are so called 'low caste', they aren't human, they don't matter?

17 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Has any one seen the Rupee Baht rates?......1,000 Rupees gets you 430 Baht......There will be no mass India tourism till this improves... 

Have you seen the prices in India these days?  Thailand is not an expensive holiday for a lot of Indians.

maybe it's because for Thai government people's welfare and salaries are more important than joy of a few westerners from natural beauty?

you just want this country for yourself, not for a mass tourist. and you dont care of all these "ma and pa" small businesses.

I didn’t say that... Volumes and volumes of tourists can put wear & tear on a country if it is not properly regulated. Bali, Phuket, and Nepal are certainly suffering from mass tourism now days.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

ASEAN is an economic block, nothing more.

The Queen owns all the land in NZ / Aus and has her face on the money. The Governor General oversees these lands on her behalf. The Union Flag is on those flags for a reason. 

They are still very much both British colonies, despite your protestations.

Vote to become a republic, and your argument may hold water.

You may want to start learning Mandarin though, should you choose that path, or consider emigrating back over to Europe before you become a hated minority in 'your own' country.

Sorry, you're right. I'm not Oz nor NZ, so I've got no vote. 

Why should I emigrate to Europe?

35 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Not only that, look at all the artists and creative people who've turned out to be sex perverts

A fair amount but I'd be willing to bet there's a higher rate of perverts amongst the bankers, CEOs, politicians etc than there is in the creative world. 

17 minutes ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

A fair amount but I'd be willing to bet there's a higher rate of perverts amongst the bankers, CEOs, politicians etc than there is in the creative world. 

Happy to review your evidence for that assertion

14 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Asians house hold income (80K) in America is more than Caucasians (60K). And Indian Americans are at the top of the list (120K) followed by Taiwanese Americans, Chinese Americans, Korean Americans, Singaporean Americans. See the trend? It is all asians. 21st century is Asian century. They will dominate the land of opportunity and in their native continents also.

At the same moment, a unicorn came across and said hello to you... Wake up dude, you're in lalaland!!

18 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Thailand had loads of high spending westerners for decades until they decided to trade them in for millions of zero dollar Chinese tourist.. 

It was earlier than that but essentially the same. Every time they have a goose that lays a golden egg they shoot it and likely eat it. 15 years ago this place was sodden with people in their 40s spending hand over fist and they robbed them for a one off payment so the people went elsewhere and then they ask what happened! Idiots.

1 hour ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Many of the "artists" never create anything except a pile of their own dung. There's a golden middle path, that of Design Technology. Think Da Vinci.

16 hours ago, scorecard said:

True but India has an enormous population meaning many millions of very rich Indians many of whom not too worried about the exchange rate.

And when they come they will bring their awful arrogance and rudeness with them. 

I stayed in a 5 star hotel in BKK in 2018, many Indians also there, they were rude to their own women and treated the local staff disgustingly, and were rude to other guests pushing in for tables in the restaurants and loud and obnoxious in the bars.

Local staff apologised to myself and other guests for this boorish behaviour 

It was earlier than that but essentially the same. Every time they have a goose that lays a golden egg they shoot it and likely eat it. 15 years ago this place was sodden with people in their 40s spending hand over fist and they robbed them for a one off payment so the people went elsewhere and then they ask what happened! Idiots.
GDP per capita doubled in 15. So I guess what ever they are doing is right. And by the way Thailand has done better than its neighbios in 15 years. So again, it did better. There is no data to prove the assertion that 15 years ago Thailand was better than today.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 hours ago, DrTuner said:

We bring in nasty ideas like democracy and freedom of speech. No such worries with the Chinese, Indians are already a bit suspect though.

Oh they played the British at their own games and won each time, so never underestimate them as the Brits did many years ago 

15 hours ago, GoodieAfterDark said:

My dentist was from the  British Islands. He retired and sold his business to an Indian woman. She hired all minority women and gays to work in her clinic. Her service went downhill very quick. 

Indians are the wealthiest ethno group per capita in the USA according to many studies

6 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I stayed in a 5 star hotel in BKK in 2018, many Indians also there, they were rude to their own women and treated the local staff disgustingly, and were rude to other guests pushing in for tables in the restaurants and loud and obnoxious in the bars.

Local staff apologised to myself and other guests for this boorish behaviour 

welcome to the land of the caste system

If there were ever a war, I would not want the Thais as allies. They would either accidentally shoot themselves in foot or shoot you in the back. Perhaps the tourism geniuses should visit Thai social media to see what their countrymen really think about the Indians.

I first came here during the Vietnam war and have witnessed many changes. Thailand is rapidly becoming less attractive to Western people.  Let me think...first it was the Russians, then the Chinese and now the great savior for Thai tourism in the Indians. What's next? The Nigerians perhaps? Few Thais want to admit that if it weren't for the huge influx of money by the American government  during the Vietnam era Thailand would look a lot like Cambodia and Laos today..

Archived