Grandmother savaged to death by family's own pit bulls

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police said it looked like the dogs were stressed out in the heat or were affected by some scent or other. 

"or other", that about sums it up...

The police speaking words of wisdom, distilled from generations of skilled detecting.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sweatalot said:

I think the old lady wouldn't care if her killers were pitbulls or another breed

American pitbull the real one is skinny and athletic. They not aggressive toward ppl, but can put on a fight with other dogs. The massive one that's mix bullies offten aggressive with humans. Got American pit here and old grandma my gf and. 3.years old no prob. Got it from puppie. I don't let strangers come near him at house for safety tho. 

Edited by Xaos

4 hours ago, moontang said:

RIP, Grandma.  6 pitbulls on what looks like 60 wah of land.....there are white people that stupid, too.

Is there anything tragic enough to just drop the snipeing for one particular occasion? 

• Like 1

not sure if the breed should be banned - but keeping 6 of them together is utterly irresponsible.

It should be made sure that the owner is qualified (I mean really qualified, not the Thai way qualificatioin). And not more than one dog. 

Make sure there is enough place for the dogs otherwise the get stressed

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I have an American Pitbull Terrier. The only time it's hurt anyone is when the wagging tail hits a shin. 

I don't know the details of this story but I do know that many Thais have no idea how to handle dogs. We had a farming family living in a shack on our land for around 6 months (long story). The granny used to routinely come over to our house with a bamboo stick and hit the dogs for no reason, often in the heat of the day when they were sleeping. A couple of our dogs are quite aggressive with strangers (we inherited them as adult dogs with the purchase of the land and therefore did not raise them - we raised the Pitbull which has no human aggression whatsoever) and I often worried what would happen if the dogs finally got tired of this behaviour when we weren't around.

I'm not blaming the victim here as I don't know the background of what happened, just pointing out that you need all the facts before hysterically crying for all Pitbulls to be immediately killed. Blaming the breed is ridiculous. It's how they are raised.

Most dangerous dog breeds

• Thanks 1

not sure if the breed should be banned - but keeping 6 of them together is utterly irresponsible.

It should be made sure that the owner is qualified (I mean really qualified, not the Thai way qualificatioin). And not more than one dog. 

I totally agree on that one I had one pitbull in the past and you would have been safer with the crocodile lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

No mention was made of what happened to the dogs - if anything

kill them because now they have taste for humans and will do it again 

but why on earth do this family need to have 6 bittbull when you know how Thai people treat their dogs 

RIP 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Cue the doggy lover with my pitties would not hurt a fly BS, these dogs are all killers when in the mood and they get a chance

Science would say that you are completely wrong. While Pit Bulls are responsible for the majority of human deaths from dog attacks in the USA for example, much of these can be explained away by breeding and training for fighting which creates killers. In England in the 19th century, pit bulls were called something like "babysitters" as they were so good with children and also protective of the kids in their care. I know several people who own pit bulls which are completely docile.

3 hours ago, tlandtday said:

Well if they were later bred for fighting they were not the same breed as in victorian times?  Dogs come from wolves but to say the nature of your dog is the same temperament as a wolf would be silly.

No they didn't tho' obviously,their paths were linked in ancient times (before McDonald's)

This is Canus Aureaus not Canus Lupus.

Very few of Canus Lupus have ever been domesticated.

Therefore,it really isn't canus aureas-IT IS THEIR MENTALLY RETARDED OWNERS-homo sapiens at it again..

i know-my son-in-law was one..

45 minutes ago, kamahele said:

Science would say that you are completely wrong. While Pit Bulls are responsible for the majority of human deaths from dog attacks in the USA for example, much of these can be explained away by breeding and training for fighting which creates killers. In England in the 19th century, pit bulls were called something like "babysitters" as they were so good with children and also protective of the kids in their care. I know several people who own pit bulls which are completely docile.

It was an American in the 1990's who randomly claimed that pit bulls were called nanny dogs in England and some folk for some reason some people believed them.

http://thetruthaboutpitbulls.blogspot.com/2010/08/nanny-dog-myth-revealed.html

• Like 1