Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Look at my post 293.  And I’m sure there must be many other ways.

I personally signed into this petition with 3 different e-mail addresses, just to prove to myself that it could be done.

D6F58618-1180-4AE9-AC6A-B98E1B147F72.jpeg

It is news...

They do not post a direct link to the site, and anyway anyone who opposes it can just as easily find the "Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019" petition as many have done, and it proves very clearly that those who want to revoke Article 50 outnumber those who want out on no deal by more than  10-1.

And I am sure the BBC is not going to go against government policies without some serious sole searching.  

Edited by Basil B

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I wouldn’t ask if I knew. 

It means one individual can sign in from as many IP addresses as he wants and use different email addresses if necessary. An IP address denotes the geographical location of the PC or whatever device you are using to access the internet.

So in theory one person can sign a petition as many hundreds of times as they care to if they can be bothered and have the time and inclination. The same would apply for a petition urging May to get us out of the EU on March 29th like she said she would.

I use Opera as opposed to Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer. 

By clicking my mouse twice I can flit from one IP address to any one of another four in seconds. It's a free service that anyone who uses Opera can avail him or herself of. There are numerous other ways in which you can hide your IP address but Opera is the one I'm most happy and familiar with.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

It means one individual can sign in from as many IP addresses as he wants and use different email addresses if necessary. An IP address denotes the geographical location of the PC or whatever device you are using to access the internet.

So in theory one person can sign a petition as many hundreds of times as they care to if they can be bothered and have the time and inclination. The same would apply for a petition urging May to get us out of the EU on March 29th like she said she would.

I use Opera as opposed to Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer. 

By clicking my mouse twice I can flit from one IP address to any one of another four in seconds. It's a free service that anyone who uses Opera can avail him or herself of. There are numerous other ways in which you can hide your IP address but Opera is the one I'm most happy and familiar with.

I assume a VPN gateway will use a  block of IP Addresses. so it will show up.

It will be very difficult to set up manage many Email address without it getting detected.

One may have a number of email address and vote 2 or 3 in different names without being detected but I think most people are not that dishonest and I am Sure that Brexiteers do it as well on their petition but I am sure the numbers are not that high so wont make much difference.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Basil B said:

It is news...

They do not post a direct link to the site, and anyway anyone who opposes it can just as easily find the "Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019" petition as many have done, and it proves very clearly that those who want to revoke Article 50 outnumber those who want out on no deal by more than  10-1.

And I am sure the BBC is not going to go against government policies without some serious sole searching.  

No all you’ve shown is that both sides of the argument, could if they so wish cheat. However the Brexit side do not need to cheat as they voted in the majority to leave this so called onion. While on the other side some remainers are not only refusing to respect the people’s vote of 2016, they are also trying to overturn this Democratic vote,by whatever means.

292658B6-8670-4FAF-9F70-E3E10499318A.jpeg

• Like 1

There almost certainly weren’t a million people on the People’s Vote march

Claim

An estimated 1 million people marched for a People’s Vote on Saturday 23rd March.

Conclusion

It’s impossible to say with precision how many people attended the march. However experts in crowd estimation put the number at between 312,000 and 400,000.

https://fullfact.org/europe/peoples-vote-march-count/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

I assume a VPN gateway will use a  block of IP Addresses. so it will show up.

It will be very difficult to set up manage many Email address without it getting detected.

One may have a number of email address and vote 2 or 3 in different names without being detected but I think most people are not that dishonest and I am Sure that Brexiteers do it as well on their petition but I am sure the numbers are not that high so wont make much difference.

The people who organised the petition are obviously remainers. I don't share your trust in human nature so I am sure those organisers will turn a blind eye to multiple petitioners if not actively encouraged them.

You or I can set up a new email address and start using it in five minutes. We've all done it without any hindrance or problems when we set up the ones we're using now.

However Brexiteers don't really need any petition. Their voice was heard on June 23rd 2016 and the more Ma May messes them around the angrier they'll get and be more determined than ever to vote to leave yet again if we have another referendum and so will their sons and daughters.

This could all have been avoided if the government in conjunction with the EU had promised to tackle the issue of immigration provided of course that people had then taken such a promise seriously.

But if they had used some gumption and done just that it might have made little or no difference. These days folk take everything a politician says with a cupful of salt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

I am Sure that Brexiteers do it as well on their petition but I am sure the numbers are not that high so wont make much difference

No they go out in an organised democratic referendum that is binary and vote. Online petitions are worth 'diddly squat.'

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, nontabury said:

Look at my post 293.  And I’m sure there must be many other ways.

I personally signed into this petition with 3 different e-mail addresses, just to prove to myself that it could be done.

D6F58618-1180-4AE9-AC6A-B98E1B147F72.jpeg

Brexiteer makes dim argument that his self proclaimed fraudulent signing of a petition somehow invalidates the other 5,651,508 signatures.

Nontabury you are either admitting fraud (ie an untrustworthy person).

Or telling porkies about committing fraud (ie an untrustworthy person).

I’ll take you at your word, for what it’s  worth, and accept you as the fraudster you admit to being.

Doh!

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, yogi100 said:

So?

I means that anyone can change their apparent geographical location based on an internet location by using an IP address based anywhere.

By using a VPN I could be in the USA or Germany or The Netherlands but use an IP that would tell anyone who is monitoring a petition that I'm in th UK.

The administrators of a forum or any other website can tell where I want them to believe I am simply by looking at my IP address.

There is absolutely no reason why you should not vote just because you are in a different part of the world. Totally irrelevant. My VPN is permanently activated. Both the admin of this site and the administrators of the petition think that I am in London. I am in Pattaya. I am equally entitled to vote in the petition.

In 2016, I was living in Pattaya and voted in the referendum. As was my legal right.

My point is that your point is pointless. You are trying to make an insignificance significant. A typical Brexiteers straw man argument. You have no game.

• Thanks 2

Brexiteers are fighting the wrong argument.

There is no evidence of mass fraud, they may have had a better cause had they argued that it should have a been a requirement persons signing to be on the electoral register.

I do not think there was even an requirement. so no idea how many under 18's voted. 

• Like 1

Looks like Brexit and consequently UK are dead in the water.

Make no mistake, this mess is the responsibility of Cameron, May and devious weasels like Corbyn and Farage. Lets hope they face criminal charges at some point.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/25/world/europe/brexit-parliament-theresa-may.html?fbclid=IwAR0tytolvCi0DsmNFgEbDQejbDHPaEH5XbWV6ziRjsgMEu2KyHZ737KEgUw

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, yogi100 said:

So?

I means that anyone can change their apparent geographical location based on an internet location by using an IP address based anywhere.

By using a VPN I could be in the USA or Germany or The Netherlands but use an IP that would tell anyone who is monitoring a petition that I'm in th UK.

The administrators of a forum or any other website can tell where I want them to believe I am simply by looking at my IP address.

I think you overestimate the effectiveness of your VPN.

Of course location in itself cannot in anyway mitigate a reasoned opinion. Thinking it can is not a reasoned opinion.

5 hours ago, yogi100 said:

You or I can set up a new email address and start using it in five minutes. We've all done it without any hindrance or problems when we set up the ones we're using now.

That would 3.5 days out of your life even if you did not sleep just to be able to vote 100 times would not even knock a dent in the 5.65 Million who have signed so far.

However Brexiteers don't really need any petition. Their voice was heard on June 23rd 2016 and the more Ma May messes them around the angrier they'll get and be more determined than ever to vote to leave yet again if we have another referendum and so will their sons and daughters.

That is your argument so why are you so amendment it should not be put to the test??

his could all have been avoided if the government in conjunction with the EU had promised to tackle the issue of immigration provided of course that people had then taken such a promise seriously.

Racism at it's best, I bet there are many right wing extremist in Europe who want to send all the Brits living in their country home too...

Edited by Basil B

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

There is absolutely no reason why you should not vote just because you are in a different part of the world. Totally irrelevant. My VPN is permanently activated. Both the admin of this site and the administrators of the petition think that I am in London. I am in Pattaya. I am equally entitled to vote in the petition.

In 2016, I was living in Pattaya and voted in the referendum. As was my legal right.

My point is that your point is pointless. You are trying to make an insignificance significant. A typical Brexiteers straw man argument. You have no game.

I'm just pointing out the fact that 20 million people can sign a petition but it can be rendered irrelevant because all it is is a petition not a vote. And can easily be fabricated and manipulated to suit those who organised and signed it.

You are understandably angry because in Pattaya your £ is now is worth 30% of what it was before June 23rd 2016 so why don't you up sticks and move to London. However you may not be seeing the effects that mass immigration has had on large parts of what I assume was your native country whereas I see it every day.

I'm angry because British democracy and the reputation of our government has been turned into a joke by our politicians and I do see the effects that mass immigration is having right now on our country.

Last week an elderly lady was robbed at knife point by a young negro just 70 yards away from where I live in London. Not a mention of it on the news or in any newspaper. Hardly surprising when most media outlets are in favour of remaining in the EU and the increase in immigration such a decision will incur.

I don't see how you can be familiar with typical Brexiteers nor their arguments when you're 6000 miles away in Pattaya because the BBC and Sky News won't enlighten you.

And also probably because no TV or radio presenters nor overpaid politicians have lost their jobs to Polish and Lithuanian scabs as yet.

7 hours ago, Basil B said:

That would 3.5 days out of your life even if you did not sleep just to be able to vote 100 times would not even knock a dent in the 5.65 Million who have signed so far.

That is your argument so why are you so amendment it should not be put to the test??

Racism at it's best, I bet there are many right wing extremist in Europe who want to send all the Brits living in their country home too...

I'm sorry but this sentence makes no sense. Any chance of elaborating on it?

10 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I'm just pointing out the fact that 20 million people can sign a petition but it can be rendered irrelevant because all it is is a petition not a vote. And can easily be fabricated and manipulated to suit those who organised and signed it.

You are understandably angry because in Pattaya your £ is now is worth 30% of what it was before June 23rd 2016 so why don't you up sticks and move to London. However you may not be seeing the effects that mass immigration has had on large parts of what I assume was your native country whereas I see it every day.

I'm angry because British democracy and the reputation of our government has been turned into a joke by our politicians and I do see the effects that mass immigration is having right now on our country.

Last week an elderly lady was robbed at knife point by a young negro just 70 yards away from where I live in London. Not a mention of it on the news or in any newspaper. Hardly surprising when most media outlets are in favour of remaining in the EU and the increase in immigration such a decision will incur.

I don't see how you can be familiar with typical Brexiteers nor their arguments when you're 6000 miles away in Pattaya because the BBC and Sky News won't enlighten you.

And also probably because no TV or radio presenters nor overpaid politicians have lost their jobs to Polish and Lithuanian scabs as yet.

Your post is alarmingly racist as many Brexiteers appear to be. It is irrelevant that , as you claim, a poor elderly lady was robbed at knife point by whomever. However you added she was robbed by a negro, yet irrespective of creed or ethnicity etc. this poor lady was robbed, that was all that need to be said.  Racists like yourself have no respect in the modern world and if Brexit means highlighting Negros as you have claimed, then crawl back to your white supremacist British, "Oswald Mosely" underworld as I am sure the likes of yourself and Nigel Farage would prefer and allow many hundreds of millions to live in a united Europe free of such prejudice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Your post is alarmingly racist as many Brexiteers appear to be. It is irrelevant that , as you claim, a poor elderly lady was robbed at knife point by whomever. However you added she was robbed by a negro, yet irrespective of creed or ethnicity etc. this poor lady was robbed, that was all that need to be said.  Racists like yourself have no respect in the modern world and if Brexit means highlighting Negros as you have claimed, then crawl back to your white supremacist British, "Oswald Mosely" underworld as I am sure the likes of yourself and Nigel Farage would prefer and allow many hundreds of millions to live in a united Europe free of such prejudice.

It's what happened. It's the truth. It's the real world. It's a consequence of immigration. It's not far right propaganda.

You can't brush it under the carpet by claiming it's 'racist'. No more than you can dismiss the Manchester Arena bombing nor 7/7/05 by saying those events were 'racist'. Nor the recent atrocity in New Zealand by saying it was 'racist'.

Perhaps the lady should not have reported the incident or not told the police that her attacker was black because someone like yourself will consider it to be 'racist'. I think you need a dose of reality by dipping your toe in the waters of the real world.

1 minute ago, yogi100 said:

It's what happened. It's the truth. It's the real world. It's a consequence of immigration. It's not far right propaganda.

You can't brush it under the carpet by claiming it's 'racist'. No more than you can dismiss the Manchester Arena bombing nor 7/7/05 by saying those events were 'racist'. Nor the recent atrocity in New Zealand by saying it was 'racist'.

Perhaps the lady should not have reported the incident or not told the police that her attacker was black because someone like yourself will consider it to be 'racist'. I think you need a dose of reality by dipping your toe in the waters of the real world.

You were the one that highlighted Negro, stop attempting to shift your excuse for racism elsewhere. Typically a dinosaur British Brexiteer act.

2 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

You were the one that highlighted Negro, stop attempting to shift your excuse for racism elsewhere. Typically a dinosaur British Brexiteer act.

I was attracting attention to a negative consequence of immigration. It's you that wants to start playing the race card to stifle discussion on the matter.

10 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I was attracting attention to a negative consequence of immigration. It's you that wants to start playing the race card to stifle discussion on the matter.

There is no such thing as negative consequences of immigration.  It has been going on for millennia. There are however consequence for people like you that attempt to solely associate crimes with Negros.  I suspect that on that same day there were many many similar crimes carried out by white people but no, being a racist you had to highlight the word Negro. Disgracefully racist on your part.

However, this post is about people signing a UK petition, not your racial attitude, so let's leave it there and let others ponder over your comments.