Stop Brexit: A million people sign UK petition to stay in EU

webfact

11 hours ago, 7by7 said:

As you and your comrades keep bring up that number, remember that 16.1 million voted to remain while 13 million didn't vote at all. That's 17.4 million who voted for Brexit, while 29.1 million didn't!

But that's also 30.4 million who did not vote to remain.

We also keep bringing up the fact that the democratically elected British government told us before the referendum that the result would be final and binding. You heard no bleating from Brexiteers about it, not one word.

Neither did Remainers question that statement when it was made so why bleat now. You did not hear Brexiteers bleating. Is it because as the bookies and the MSM told them they'd easily win.

If you remember on the evening in question even Farage was ready to throw in the towel as the expected result was being regarded as a foregone conclusion in favour of remaining.

But no one had consulted Joe Bloggs and his millions of manual worker chums regarding the matter just like they're not doing so now.

Why might a second referendum bring about a different outcome? Joe Bloggs still does not want his job going to some Eastern European who is eager to do it for peanuts. That situation has not been addressed let alone tackled.

Do you think any young children of Mr and Mrs Bloggs who are now old enough to vote will do so any differently to their Mum and Dad. Don't forget the working class still represent the vast majority of British people and they are not as stupid as many remoaners and their university educated advisors probably hope they are.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wilcopops said:

Spot the racist?

As Will Self once said, "Not all Brexiteers are racists, but all racists are Brexiteers".

If it had been a white attacker would it also have been a racist statement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

They will all be gone soon though , bring on the next elections 

If you think the next election will be as simple as just electing one party to rule? you are living in cloud cuckoo land, it will be a hung parliament, forming a government of any colour or mix will be worse then agreeing to a way forward on brexit.   

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

If there is a GE soon..think tories will shade it .. but will need to rely on once again the DUP...and the BREXIT PARTY!!!
Think it will be the most " dirtiest " bad mouthing pre election bruhaha for long time.
I only hope many current mp's get their just deserts from the electorate.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If there is a GE in the near future I can not see the Tories getting 250 seats and that is under the current 650 constituencies even less under the new constituencies, Labour is not likely to do much better, just cannot imagine where all the votes will go, probably an extremely low turn out with UKIP picking up seats from Tory voters who can not understand all this mess is down to them.

But I doubt even then I doubt that the Tories, DUP and UKIP would have enough to form a government, It will probably be Labour with the other parties either in a coalition or agreeing not to vote down ina confidence vote whatever parties agree to get in to bed with a labour lead coalition.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

I could see many of the 17 Million Brexiters voting for neither of the 2/3 main Political parties and voting for one of the smaller Parties...............like Nigels new party

Dont forget tommy

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sanemax said:

Its nothing to do with "racism" though .

Europeans tend to be of the same race as Brits , so "race" isnt the issue .

There were   1.1 Million jobs created in the U.K and 1 Million of those jobs were taken by Eastern Europeans , working cheap to get the jobs .

For example , I worked in construction and I applied for a job building apartments on the old Wimbledon F.C football pitch .

The whole site was being run by a Polish firm and they advertised for workers in Poland , in Polish newspapers in Polish .

So, to get a job there , I would have to learn to read and speak Polish , go to Poland , buy a newspaper there and apply for a job..................in the U.K

90% of jobs taken by eastern euopeans my backside..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

I wo

nder if Max can provide a link to back up such claims? Or did he just make it up?

The data show that the number of jobs in the UK has risen by 2.12 million since the first quarter of 1997. At the same time, the number of UK-born people in work has risen by 385,000, and the number of non-UK born in work has risen by 1.72m.

So, roughly speaking, you can say 81% of net jobs created in the UK since 1997 have gone to people who were not born in the UK."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/election_2010/parties_and_issues/8634469.stm

• Like 2

21 hours ago, 7by7 said:

As you and your comrades keep bring up that number, remember that 16.1 million voted to remain while 13 million didn't vote at all. That's 17.4 million who voted for Brexit, while 29.1 million didn't!

20 hours ago, sanemax said:

On the other hand  , 16 million voted to Remain, whilst 30 million didnt vote to Remain

20 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Or you could say 16.1 million voted to remain 30.4 million didn't

Both valid, but you forget one thing.

People who want change are far more likely to get up of their backsides and do something about it, even if that something is just voting in a referendum, than people who are happy with the status quo.

If the 13 million who didn't vote wanted Brexit, why didn't they go and vote for it?

Now that they now what's in store for them if they do nothing, then a significant proportion of those who didn't vote last time would do so if their is a second referendum; and I believe most of those would vote for Remain. Add that to the people who voted Leave last time and have since changed their minds and that means, in my view, a significant win for remain in the first round.

Despite what they say, I am convinced that most Brexiteers believe this also, which is why they do not want to give democracy back to the people and let us have the final say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Just yesterday in our local Lidl supermarket, I got into conversation with one of the assistants. He found it very easy to obtain employment in this area, even though he’s Romanian, due to the fact he’s only about 23yrs old, speaks very good English,university educated. As I say just a shop assistant.

Meanwhile there are many young Brits, who want to work hard in this area who would love his job, but not being university educated, the same as 50% of today’s school leavers,what chance do they have, against such competition, to obtain this low paid work. 

Average minimum monthly salary in Romania is approximate £235. While for a graduate it’s £260.

Again yesterday I was informed about one local business, that has amongst their staff, a Polish girl, who is responsible for recruitment. Unfortunately she’s biased to only employing Poles, for no other reason that they are fellow Poles. So unlike some so called Brits who always seem to prefer to discriminate against their fellow countryman.

But why should selfish people be concerned, about other,when it does’t directly affect them

These are of course only small examples of what is taking place throughout the country, and people wonder why Nigel used the slogan,

” We want our country back”

Sorry but you dont need to be university educated to work in lidl..the fact he is uni educated has not put him in the job..lazy druggie benefit scroungers and single mums better off on benefits mean there will always be work for workers regardless of origin.farage wont of been in a lidl store in his life

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The data show that the number of jobs in the UK has risen by 2.12 million since the first quarter of 1997. At the same time, the number of UK-born people in work has risen by 385,000, and the number of non-UK born in work has risen by 1.72m.

So, roughly speaking, you can say 81% of net jobs created in the UK since 1997 have gone to people who were not born in the UK."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/election_2010/parties_and_issues/8634469.stm

Are you ever planning on working again.

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Latest odds

Conservatives   4/5

Labour             6/4

Brexit Party      66/1

Lib Dems          100/1

(2nd EU referendum is in now to only 9/4!!)

£25 on the Tories, £18 on  Labour, £1 Brexit Party, £1 Lib Dems, Can not loose. :burp: