Hundreds of thousands march in London to demand new Brexit referendum

rooster59

16 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

He has one of the worst attendance records of any MEP; all the while collecting his salary and using the FoM directive, which he was against, to employ his German wife in the UK and claim expenses to cover her salary.

When we leave he will receive a nice lump sum compensation payment for losing his job plus a handsome pension when he reaches 63. Paid for not by the EU but by the British taxpayer. He could turn this down, but has stated on numerous occasions that he wont.

"... a handsome pension when he reaches 63..."  

When I hear the name 'Farage'  I get this picture of a grey haired old man, smoking a Cuban cigar, drinking a fine malt whisky and looking out of his penthouse apartment.......down on to Red Square.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

LOL, a "twitter reaction "!!!!!

You are citing a twitter reaction as news !!!!!!!

I shall go and post something on twitter , copy and paste it onto to here to prove what I posted was true !!!!!!!! 

Your mate @evadgib regularly posts social media quotes to support his arguments. Why have you never made the same comment to him?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Your mate @evadgib regularly posts social media quotes to support his arguments. Why have you never made the same comment to him?

I'm still waiting for your inaugural 'talking head' 49 ???? 

Image result for max headroom

Here's Mark Francois:

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Yes I am supporter of Leave

53868220_1309721612501834_8979028632966004736_n.jpg

There is no need to shout; I know what the ballot paper looked like, thank you.

Unlike, I suspect, many who post in these topics I actually placed my cross on one in person on  the 23rd of June 2016.

But what did you expect to happen after we left? Even Rees-Mogg and other Brexiteer leaders are now admitting that they had no idea!

Did you really believe we could lose our largest trading partner, lose all the trade deals with the rest of the world of which we were a part due to our EU membership with no ill effects? That we could get by without some sort of deal; with the EU?

As I have said, May's deal gives us all that you have claimed to want:

Leave the single market

Leave the customs union

Leave the freedom of movement directive

Leave the common agricultural policy

Leave the common fisheries policy

Leave the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

What more do you want?

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

I'm still waiting for your inaugural 'talking head' 49 ???? 

You'll be in for a long wait.

Unlike you, I prefer to think for myself, judge all the facts, and indeed opinions of others, before forming and then posting my own opinions rather than, as you do, merely repeating those of others.

Unlike you I believe members here are capable of reading and understanding posts of more then one sentence and sentences of more than a few monosyllables; well, most of them. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

I don’t want a veto, I like 17,000,000 + other British people want out.

What the E.U do is up to them. Allthough I do sympathize with the growing numbers in the remaining E.u. Who are also showing in their increasing numbers, a desire to exit. 

The Brexiteer imagination.

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

There’s me thinking the people did decide in 2016, in a Democratic vote.

I think I feel sorry for some of these guys who have convinced themselves that no-deal is the only deal on the table. Its like listening to a member of a religious cult.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, 7by7 said:

You'll be in for a long wait.

Unlike you, I prefer to think for myself, judge all the facts, and indeed opinions of others, before forming and then posting my own opinions rather than, as you do, merely repeating those of others.

Unlike you I believe members here are capable of reading and understanding posts of more then one sentence and sentences of more than a few monosyllables; well, most of them. 

....& unlike you I'm not on the 0654hrs Woking to Waterloo every day ????

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Would this be the same Parliament that already passed the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 which became law by royal assent on 26June18?
Would it be democratic to overturn their own laws made only nine months previous? Or is this just a case of a big misunderstanding by the Remainers?

Yes they did pass this act, and yes it did become law, and yes it is democratic for them to repeal their own laws. Indeed they have been doing just that for a long long time - look up "Repeal of the corn laws" if you need to.

• Like 1

Yes they did pass this act, and yes it did become law, and yes it is democratic for them to repeal their own laws. Indeed they have been doing just that for a long long time - look up "Repeal of the corn laws" if you need to.

We’re the corn laws repealed within the same year?

Don't forget the evil witch from Grantham repealed her own poll tax laws after significant public protests.  The only difference then is that the evil witch eventually listened and knew her own position was at stake. Unfortunately Teresa May is so ignorant of public opinion, and shows  complete defiance of it, things will only change once she goes. Hopefully soon.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Loiner said:

We’re the corn laws repealed within the same year?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_Laws

The Corn Laws were tariffs and other trade restrictions on imported food and grain ("corn") enforced in Great Britain between 1815 and 1846. The word "corn" in the English spoken in Nineteenth Century Britain denotes all cereal grains, such as wheat and barley. They were designed to keep grain prices high to favour domestic producers, and represented British mercantilism.[1] The Corn Laws imposed steep import duties, making it too expensive to import grain from abroad, even when food supplies were short.

They were in place for 31 years before being repealed.

• Like 2