What Visa Do I Apply For?

Although my wifes been to the uk already we are planning to go again in july for 2 - 3 weeks.

the last time we applied (nearly 2 years ago) she got a standard visitors visa but i have been told now, because we are married that she needs a settlement visa.

I live and work in Thailand and we have no plans to go back to live in the uk, is this correct? Does she still need a marraige settlement visa? or should we apply for a standard visitors visa?

thanks in advance for any advice. :o

It should not be correct and is not for American visas so I expect you were mis informed. What you need to have is evidence of your work and plans to remain here in Thailand. They go crazy when they see applicant married to a national and suspect it is a ploy to bypass waiting periods. So they need some kind of proof that she plans to return and you living/working here should fill that bill.

I live and work in Thailand and we have no plans to go back to live in the uk, is this correct? Does she still need a marraige settlement visa? or should we apply for a standard visitors visa?

It'll have to be a visitor's visa! The first post in this topic is enough for a settlement visa to be refused.

If your wife's association with you was known at the time fo the first visit, and there are no issues with your wife's first visit to the UK, then I would say your wife's prospects look good.

thanks pnustedt

thats what i thought, i don't want a special visa a visitors will do.

she's been to the uk and oz with me before and we did'nt have any problems in obtaining the visa's.

they have all my details on file already, i still have the same business/ staff/ work permit/ year visa's etc.

the only difference is my wife has sold her business (at my request as it was on the verge of being ripped off by the landlord) and we have her daughter living with us.

i also have another company now which is me and my wife together, this was set up to purchase our house.

i don't forsee any problems obtaining the visa i was just unsure of the type i need to go for.