May fights for control as lawmakers aim to seize Brexit process

webfact

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Only the mentally challenged would think that a referendum majority hinged on one vote, which says a lot about DC and his rhetoric.

Obviously there is no doubt you consider I am mentally challenged, brexiteers judge by their own standards.

Sandy, you are not being fair with me, I have never, ever
called anyone on TV 'Mentally challenged'. In spite of
what you assume, I do respect your views, I merely
argue your points.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DC called the referendum because some loony right wing ****ers were going to split the party, semes instead of letting them walk away from his party and join UKIP, he kept them on board and they not only ****ed up the Tory Party but the country too....

DC called the referendum because some loony right wing ****ers were going to split the party, semes instead of letting them walk away from his party and join UKIP, he kept them on board and they not only ****ed up the Tory Party but the country too....

DC called the referendum because he and his Europhiles believed their own BS and opinion polls, but didn’t understand the feeling of the country. Some right minded right wingers did and they still side with the majority of the electorate.
After keeping them onboard and bringing the referendum, it is the subsequent cabal of Remain Tories and Theresa May who have split the Conservatives and the country. The country will quickly recover, but if the current version of an ‘un-conservative’ Tory party is lost, who cares - there’s plenty more better candidates out there.

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

His arrogance excluded the possibility of a leave result and ignored the advice.

Yes totally agree with that statement.

Time has proved he should have put more thought into the referendum.

I disagree here as it was a simple leave or remain with what leave meant which was told countless times. Leave the CU, SM, ECJ.  I believe what should have had more thought is making that happen and not ways of keeping us in the EU, like this shower (MP's) are trying to do. Basically that is not Brexit and what people voted for no matter how many times people say or use terms like soft Brexit.

Quite, the irony is that the referendum not being legally binding prevents any legal challenge to the result.

The government keeps going on about its moral obligation to 17.4 million, what about the moral obligation to the other 16.8 million voters on a result that was obtained under dubious circumstances, obviously an irrelevance.

Would serve them right if the 16.8 million all joined the Lib Dems.

It was a referendum that we were all told that once in a lifetime that the winning result would be respected and carried out by the government. As for joining the Lib Dems I wouldn't wish that on my enemies. LOL

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

It was a referendum that we were all told that once in a lifetime that the winning result would be respected and carried out by the government. As for joining the Lib Dems I wouldn't wish that on my enemies. LOL

You were clearly lied to. Do you now admit that you fell for Boris and Nigel's BS?

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

You were clearly lied to. Do you now admit that you fell for Boris and Nigel's BS?

Actually it was David Cameron the leader of the remain campaign and sender of the leaflet, to every home in the UK, at a cost of 9 million pound to the taxpayer. As for BS, I just read your posts that's more than enough for anyone.

11 hours ago, talahtnut said:
Sandy, you are not being fair with me, I have never, ever
called anyone on TV 'Mentally challenged'. In spite of
what you assume, I do respect your views, I merely
argue your points.

These were your words, quite presumptuous. "If remain had won by 1 vote, I doubt you would be arguing your point."

I have said many times I do not support national referendums, the fact that there has only ever been 3 highlights how useless they are.

People should really wake up to the fact that to present a referendum where a major issue would be determined by one vote out of 33 million was utterly ridiculous and cannot in any way be seen as democracy. Like school kids having to get 50% to pass.

The legal system uses the phrase "beyond reasonable doubt", why should referendums be any different. The 2 previous national referendums achieved that outcome by good luck rather than judgement.

The real danger here is the same mistake could be made again.

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes totally agree with that statement.

I disagree here as it was a simple leave or remain with what leave meant which was told countless times. Leave the CU, SM, ECJ.  I believe what should have had more thought is making that happen and not ways of keeping us in the EU, like this shower (MP's) are trying to do. Basically that is not Brexit and what people voted for no matter how many times people say or use terms like soft Brexit.

"Basically" = now going to make something up and call it "basically".

11 hours ago, Loiner said:

DC called the referendum because he and his Europhiles believed their own BS and opinion polls, but didn’t understand the feeling of the country. Some right minded right wingers did and they still side with the majority of the electorate.
After keeping them onboard and bringing the referendum, it is the subsequent cabal of Remain Tories and Theresa May who have split the Conservatives and the country. The country will quickly recover, but if the current version of an ‘un-conservative’ Tory party is lost, who cares - there’s plenty more better candidates out there.

So walking up and down Soi Honey asking whether anyone knows when your leave party is starting but nobody seems to know anything. 

22 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Kaput Brexiteer Prediction of No-deal Exit March 29. Sgt Rock award for failed predictions.

There will not be a No-deal brexit April the 12th either. It will be either a deal that includes a referendum or Article 50 revoked.

The 11 MP's who have resigned their parties in the last few weeks have now registered as a political party, called ChangeUK so they can fight the European Elections in May.

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

There will not be a No-deal brexit April the 12th either. It will be either a deal that includes a referendum or Article 50 revoked.

No-deal Brexit remains sitting there on the table if nothing else is passed. Still can happen.

54 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Just waiting for the announcement to say there will be a new conference in Downing St tonight.

Her position is untenable, and she is the only person not to see it.

I wouldn't rule out another General Election or a vote off between May's deal and whatever the indicative vote comes up with.

Given the intransigence of leave zealots I'm now hoping for a second referendum ... just for the craic ... it would be so much fun to watch the interviews with the ERG headbangers.

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Kaput Brexiteer Prediction of No-deal Exit March 29. Sgt Rock award for failed predictions.

Whatever happened to Sgt Rock ... who always insisted on links ... I miss his "proofs" about the imminent collapse of the EU ... that never happened?

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

I wouldn't rule out another General Election or a vote off between May's deal and whatever the indicative vote comes up with.

Given the intransigence of leave zealots I'm now hoping for a second referendum ... just for the craic ... it would be so much fun to watch the interviews with the ERG headbangers.

Well It could probably end up with Local Elections, European Elections and a General Election all in May and a Referendum in the Autumn. the Tories and the Brexiteers are info a handbagging. 

2 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Well It could probably end up with Local Elections, European Elections and a General Election all in May and a Referendum in the Autumn. the Tories and the Brexiteers are info a handbagging. 

They reckon Theresa's up for a teabagging. Any offers?

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Just waiting for the announcement to say there will be a new conference in Downing St tonight.

Her position is untenable, and she is the only person not to see it.

It is less about Theresa May and more about a pathway for the Government. The deal with the EU cannot be delivered based on Parliamentary numbers. What is a new PM expected to do that is different?

12 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

It is less about Theresa May and more about a pathway for the Government. The deal with the EU cannot be delivered based on Parliamentary numbers. What is a new PM expected to do that is different?

The balance of power in the European Parliament and EU Institutions is changing as evidenced by recent elections and more change is expected in the May elections.

After a General Election I expect the same to be true in the UK as a result of Brexit.

As a result of this I think the political, economic and social cadence of "Europe" will change, as to what direction, I am not game to call it right now.

5 hours ago, aright said:

The balance of power in the European Parliament and EU Institutions is changing as evidenced by recent elections and more change is expected in the May elections.

After a General Election I expect the same to be true in the UK as a result of Brexit.

As a result of this I think the political, economic and social cadence of "Europe" will change, as to what direction, I am not game to call it right now.

The direction will be towards the NWO.

Yesterday was victory day for the NWO Fourth Reich.

Slaves that think they are free make the best slaves.

Brexit can not be allowed.  Prisoners can not vote

themselves out of prison.

7 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Ensure we do not jump off the cliff in 13 days time.

If I were a Tory back bench MP, I would resign the whip until such time as May resigned and the Government started to listen to the people, 

28 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Ensure we do not jump off the cliff in 13 days time.

If I were a Tory back bench MP, I would resign the whip until such time as May resigned and the Government started to listen to the people, 

You mean the majority that voted to leave?

But I apologise, we've been round and round in circles on this point ☹️.

Archived