If you are British and value your pension and other UK arising income, sign this!

On 3/26/2019 at 2:07 PM, seahorse said:

At least it won't be able to bite a child. 

On 3/27/2019 at 10:26 AM, Thingamabob said:

Unfair to donkeys.

3 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

And you’ll be able to buy bent bananas again, there’ll be no foreigners anymore and it’ll be just like the good old 1930s when the world respected the British Empire 

Stupid, childish comment.

• Like 1

Well I put this up to draw Brits attention to the Parliamentary Petition and how Brexit, if you are a Brit, is affecting the the cash in your pockets. It's stimulated quite a few reactions beyond that. Seems to me, ignoring the financial effect which is why I put up the post, evenly split on whether Brexit is good or bad. Just like the UK itself and it's' Parliament.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Ridiculous statement and total lies. Leavers DO know what they want and have done since before the referendum, it's parliament that refuses to carry out the wishes of the of the 17.4 million people who voted that way and were the majority in the people's vote. 

What's that then, apart from leave and sod the consequences?

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, lincolnshire poacher said:

Have a second referendum when people know the truth of the effects of leaving the EU as opposed to lies on the side of Boorish's bus and a different result will be seen. For your information. Corbyn and his "communist" friends were mainly '"leavers", Tory boy.

Grow up

10 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Well I put this up to draw Brits attention to the Parliamentary Petition and how Brexit, if you are a Brit, is affecting the the cash in your pockets. It's stimulated quite a few reactions beyond that. Seems to me, ignoring the financial effect which is why I put up the post, evenly split on whether Brexit is good or bad. Just like the UK itself and it's' Parliament.

Rubbish. From what I can see here with my own eyes very few people are backing this petition. 

• Like 2

So we ignore the referendum? Okay, how about another...oh wait. If the anti-brexit win then it'll be 1 all...okay best of three eh? Or 5...7...I admit, I thought it would all be over by now...oh and did you see what the German rep had to say at the EU. Clearly on Brexit side but also that the EU has proved to be...I tell you, she pulled no punches.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, allanos said:

Remoaners appear to be overlooking the intangibles, and which the majority appear to have voted in favour of: they do not like the fact that Britain is no more than a province of the EU, with decisions made in Brussels by unelected bureaucrats. They did not like freedom of movement, which was driving down wages and putting increasing strain on the British NHS, school places, etc. They did not like the ECJ being the final arbiter of British law. A lot of that sounds pretty sensible, to me.  Branson is another remoaner expat Brit who claims that Britain is shedding jobs, yet employment has never been higher. Britain's GDP is better than most of Europe. There will no doubt be some pain to be felt, once Brexit has taken place, but the future looks bright.  And GDPUSD has probably more or less found a floor, as Brexit is already priced-in, so the long-term trend is likely to be up.

Your first do not like is true, that's what they were told. But it's basis is not true. Britain, as each EU member state, is a sovereign nation in or out, not a province. Some sovereignty is surrendered for the benefits of the 4 freedoms of EU law for the benefits of membership of a bloc together more powerful in a globalised world, yet Britain still secured opt outs that no other EU member state has.. The EU has a far more democratic system than the UK. Sure bureaucrats are unelected as they are in the UK, they do the bidding of the EU Council of European Leaders, leaders elected directly by the people as in France, or indirectly as in the UK where the leader is of the political party in power, and of the EU Parliament to which MEPs are elected by their home countries.

Also true that in some parts of the country the people of the UK do not like immigrants, fact is they never have going right back to influxes from the end of Empire and manpower shortages after WW2. But immigrantst keep the economy, the NHS, Care Services, agriculture, you name it going. The UK had the chance to limit numbers from the new former Eastern bloc member states but chose not to. A failure of UK home policy then. Many thought the ending of FOM would mean for all immigrants, (as by the way it also does for Brits wishing to move to an EU country), yet over half and rising come from outside the EU. They will not be happy in or out without government support for communities affected. That has never come. It never will.. My own region of Yorkshire was badly hit in the late 50s with the closure of woollen mills everywhere. The Pakistanis moved over, moved in, took over whole towns. Communities now forever changed. Did the government deal with this? No. Resentment goes far deeper than just EU citizens and EU FOM.

The ECJ? It's very hard to get a referral to the ECJ. Don't really think so . Most don't know the difference between the ECJ and the non EU ECHR. And if anything it is probably the latter some don't care for.

High employment? True on the government figures based on benefit claimants. But these ignore zero hours contracts and also GIG workers. It is much harder now to claim unemployment benefits in the UK as the Conservatives have been whittling away at all benefits, reducing the eligibility criteria. I'm not saying that is necessarily wrong, just that it is happening.

The currency exchange market has not priced in a no deal brexit. No markets have because they don't believe any government could be so stupid. Yet now we are only days away from that default outcome.

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Because of the (non-existant) Irish border problem, it keeps us in the customs union until the EU say that we can leave (never). 

Unfortunately Cameron never thought of that before he out the blue touch paper. I believe he was warned but was confident of a remain victory.

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

The ones who have been shouting loudest have been leavers for the last 2 1/2 years. Remainers not given any kind of say by the appalling May Government and little by Labour which has just sat on the fence. Biggest step in UK history, only 1 vote by the people. Leavers didn't know then what what they were getting, false promises,different factions have different ideas of what brexit should be. It's a mess. 

Agreed. Both sides seemed to have no comprehension of the ramifications of voting either way......a lot of disingenuous information thrown out to the public, so the voters on both sides really didn't have a clue what would happen. Now through the last two years of murk people are more informed on many levels of how the whole thing is playing out. Time for a real referendum based on facts and not fears and hyperbole on both sides. I think the turn out will be much higher on both sides a second time around. What is everybody afraid of with a second chance to get clarity?

5 hours ago, Estrada said:

He lied 

You missed the post in the other Brexit related thread where a young English chap was on UK television saying he signed the petition three times, identifying himself as Jean Claude Juncker, Donald Tusk and Michel Barnier... because all one needed was a throwaway email address to vote. The best that the TV presenter could ask was, "Are you proud of that?"

Talk about missing the point, eh?

How does it feel conflating a non-binding referendum on leaving the UK with an unsecured, unverified online petition?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jesimps said:

Ridiculous statement and total lies. Leavers DO know what they want and have done since before the referendum, it's parliament that refuses to carry out the wishes of the of the 17.4 million people who voted that way and were the majority in the people's vote. 

Exactly, they all voted to be poorer in a Little England making fantastic trade deals with Lichtenstein

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Your first do not like is true, that's what they were told. But it's basis is not true. Britain, as each EU member state, is a sovereign nation in or out, not a province. Some sovereignty is surrendered for the benefits of the 4 freedoms of EU law for the benefits of membership of a bloc together more powerful in a globalised world, yet Britain still secured opt outs that no other EU member state has.. The EU has a far more democratic system than the UK. Sure bureaucrats are unelected as they are in the UK, they do the bidding of the EU Council of European Leaders, leaders elected directly by the people as in France, or indirectly as in the UK where the leader is of the political party in power, and of the EU Parliament to which MEPs are elected by their home countries.

Also true that in some parts of the country the people of the UK do not like immigrants, fact is they never have going right back to influxes from the end of Empire and manpower shortages after WW2. But immigrantst keep the economy, the NHS, Care Services, agriculture, you name it going. The UK had the chance to limit numbers from the new former Eastern bloc member states but chose not to. A failure of UK home policy then. Many thought the ending of FOM would mean for all immigrants, (as by the way it also does for Brits wishing to move to an EU country), yet over half and rising come from outside the EU. They will not be happy in or out without government support for communities affected. That has never come. It never will.. My own region of Yorkshire was badly hit in the late 50s with the closure of woollen mills everywhere. The Pakistanis moved over, moved in, took over whole towns. Communities now forever changed. Did the government deal with this? No. Resentment goes far deeper than just EU citizens and EU FOM.

The ECJ? It's very hard to get a referral to the ECJ. Don't really think so . Most don't know the difference between the ECJ and the non EU ECHR. And if anything it is probably the latter some don't care for.

High employment? True on the government figures based on benefit claimants. But these ignore zero hours contracts and also GIG workers. It is much harder now to claim unemployment benefits in the UK as the Conservatives have been whittling away at all benefits, reducing the eligibility criteria. I'm not saying that is necessarily wrong, just that it is happening.

The currency exchange market has not priced in a no deal brexit. No markets have because they don't believe any government could be so stupid. Yet now we are only days away from that default outcome.

If you firmly believe your last comment, and which I don't, because hard-nosed traders don't really sit around on the sidelines hoping for a particular event to happen, in case they miss the boat, you would have a sell stop sitting at around GDPUSD 1.3050 so that when the pound plummets due to a default Brexit on 12 April you will make a small fortune.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:25 AM, bert bloggs said:

well ok all the other votes from around the world then non British I even know a Thai who signed for a laugh . ,that better? oh and the ones that vote dozens of times , it is a farce .

Signing dozens of times is impossible, they have software to detect that.

• Haha 2
On 3/27/2019 at 9:31 AM, NCC1701A said:

no pain, no gain.

Well in the last two weeks the Pound as increased 40:00 to 42 18 dropped back a little today but now May(PM)has lost the Meaningful vote 3 times that's it, the Pound £ great British currency will increase further and when the UK leaves the EU On the 12th April it will increase further. I am a British person ethically.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Percy P said:

Well in the last two weeks the Pound as increased 40:00 to 42 18 dropped back a little today but now May(PM)has lost the Meaningful vote 3 times that's it, the Pound £ great British currency will increase further and when the UK leaves the EU On the 12th April it will increase further. I am a British person ethically.

We won't be leaving on the 12th, that was only if May got her deal through on Friday in what she described as the, "last opportunity to guarantee Brexit". 

The pound is weak because of Brexit, leaving will not see it rise, it will see it cemented low until we regain confidence by renegotiate with our largest trading partner. 

The most likely next step is a general election, and that will see Remain party pledges, another referendum and scrapping Brexit, and then we will see the pound bounce back, once Brexit is finally off the cards.

• Like 2
On 3/28/2019 at 9:57 AM, Enoon said:

March the 29th 2019.

The day that the UK was definitely going to leave the EU.

Then it became the day that the UK might not leave the EU.

Now it's business as usual on March 29th 2019.

Now so much easier to miss the next "deadline"......and the next.......and...........then forget about them altogether.

See? it's easy when you (they) know how.

And you (they) keep their eye on the ball:

image.thumb.png.f182df7b53f0dc28c12a974295287ef7.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47693645

Similar to the opinion polls just before the Peoples referendum in 2016.

And did’t they get in wrong.